Gameplay inconsistent from one match to the next

I grinded away tonight for about 7 hours to get from Gold 1 to Gold 6. I’ll try to get to Platinum tomorrow. I do, however, have some gripes, mainly how I press the thrust button and pull the thumbstick in the direction I want to go, when I see the glint of a sniper scope, or the glow of a railgun or the hydra, and nothing happens. Most of the time, I get out of the way just in time, when everything is working right. in a couple of matches tonight, my controls felt like they weren’t responding at all when I saw the glints of light and always got shot by the railgun. Melee was also an issue when I get hit twice first even after I made the initial melee and I’m pressing the melee button as fast as I could to get in the 2nd strike. In these games, I also kept getting shot through the wall after I round the corner.

Am I imagining things, or does this happen to anyone else?

Also, I’m finding out that I play better when there’s no talking. My mic is off and I mute everybody. There really is no need for talking in Halo 5 multiplayer, because the Spartan voices tells you what’s going on anyway. Talking is just too distracting, especially when the conversation you’re hearing isn’t even part of the match, or the noise coming through is from one of your teammate’s t.v. speakers through his mic. I’m liking the game more this way.

yup- hit registration and movement are inconsistent. Especially when you add lag in there as well. I get frustrated with the inconsistent play that makes it hard to figure out if your attack strategy is working our not since doing the same thing over and over seems to get different results at times.

Some people use a little trick (cheap way of abusing in game physics) to make aim assist really magnetised.
I personally don’t know much about it but I overheard two tryhards raging that their little cheat wasn’t working, has something to do with look sensitivity and deadzones.

> 2533274895508405;3:
> Some people use a little trick (cheap way of abusing in game physics) to make aim assist really magnetised.
> I personally don’t know much about it but I overheard two tryhards raging that their little cheat wasn’t working, has something to do with look sensitivity and deadzones.

are you talking about whipping? like when it comes to snapshots, thats been around for a long time, nothing really new.

Yes, and it ranges from infuriating when it happens to me to depressing when I think it’s happening to opposing players. Game seriously plays like it has no netcode. .

> 2533274840624875;4:
> > 2533274895508405;3:
> > Some people use a little trick (cheap way of abusing in game physics) to make aim assist really magnetised.
> > I personally don’t know much about it but I overheard two tryhards raging that their little cheat wasn’t working, has something to do with look sensitivity and deadzones.
>
>
> are you talking about whipping? like when it comes to snapshots, thats been around for a long time, nothing really new.

So THATS what its called…

> 2533274840624875;4:
> > 2533274895508405;3:
> > Some people use a little trick (cheap way of abusing in game physics) to make aim assist really magnetised.
> > I personally don’t know much about it but I overheard two tryhards raging that their little cheat wasn’t working, has something to do with look sensitivity and deadzones.
>
>
> are you talking about whipping? like when it comes to snapshots, thats been around for a long time, nothing really new.

NOW WATCH ME WHIP EHH NOW WATCH ME SLAYY SLAYY