Game UK Pre-order NONSENSE

So I got an email a few days ago, saying that the volume of Halo 4 Handling is so immense that they will be charging my card earlier than usual (okay, no problem It doesn’t matter to me, I pre-ordered MONTHS AGO IN JULY)

And today I get this lovely email explaining to me that my order has been cancelled:

Dear Customer,
This email confirms the cancellation of the following items:
Your recent order has been cancelled, if you have made a cancellation request please accept this email as confirmation of your request.
If you have not cancelled your order there may be a problem with the payment for your order, please contact Customer Services using the Online Contact Form.
Your order may have been cancelled if the product you have ordered has become unavailable, please check GAME.co.uk for availability.
Order Number: -
Order Date: 14 June 2012

This is quite stupid, for real. I already know that this is going to be hard pressed for availability. So I ordered. IN JUNE! THAT’S FOUR MONTHS AGO. And now not only have I been royally shafted by Game but I will probably NOT be able to get the Limited edition WHATSOEVER for MONTHS.

Any other UK pre-order got this email? and the link conveniently to their contact support DOESN’T WORK. I know that after they’ve screwed me over multiple times I’m never buying a game from them again.

They can’t fix it, won’t fix it, it’s also sold out. Lovely. Absolutely Lovely. Can anyone possibly in the UK help me find a place that is remotely competent that will get me what I want?

I’m preordered from GAME UK but in store, but I have not got this email. Maybe you should try ring GAMES custermor support?

GAME have gone down massively in performance since they went bust and got brought out earlier this year.

I pre-ordered minecraft DLC code from them as part of this deal and it took over a week after release for them to get me a code, was outrageous and all the time they were still selling codes which they didnt have in stock.

That was the last straw for me and i now dont use them. Sorry to hear about your issue, id advise checking play.com or shopto.net for more LEs, i use shopto now and they are great, play also.

I may be wrong, but I believe Game automatically cancel orders when the payment method fails (perhaps due to incorrect details entered or not enough money being in the account) which could be the case. That said, I was looking at some reviews on there yesterday and someone was complaining about their order getting cancelled for them, so maybe there has been a glitch with the website.

I’d suggest trying their webchat service (scroll down to the bottom, click contact us) to see if they could reinstate your order, since presumably the stock allocated to you would still be available.

EDIT:

ShopTo still seem to have it in stock. I’ve never used them before but most people that do tend to have games arrive a day early.

Zavvi do too, but i’ve never used them before either.

This place has good reviews on Google.

> They can’t fix it, won’t fix it, it’s also sold out. Lovely. Absolutely Lovely. Can anyone possibly in the UK help me find a place that is remotely competent that will get me what I want?

Amazon UK, block busters, play.com,zavvi, gamestation?

try shopto.net, never had a problem with them and always recieved my games on-time

http://shopto.net/xbox360/XB2HA31-halo-4-inc-exclusive-assassin-armor-emblem

No sorry that sucks mate, mine has gone through excepted payment i ordered mine in May. Just ring them rather than doing the online help thing that is completely useless i know as i ended up having to ring them before when i ordered GRFS Signature Edition and it didn’t turn up on release, they had to send me another copy didn’t get the game until 2 weeks after release just hoping they do a better job this time touch wood.

I ordered mine in May from Play.com the very moment I got the email confirming the availability, hope it’s going to be ok.

I order in-store from Gamestation, So after school on the day I just go to my Local Gamestation Store and pick up the game. SIMPLES.

> No sorry that sucks mate, mine has gone through excepted payment i ordered mine in May. Just ring them rather than doing the online help thing that is completely useless i know as i ended up having to ring them before when i ordered GRFS Signature Edition and it didn’t turn up on release, they had to send me another copy didn’t get the game until 2 weeks after release just hoping they do a better job this time touch wood.

Just checked mine from Play.com, payment has gone through, order status is processing in warehouse.

Might be something to do with your credit card details

I’m going through 1 by 1 trying to see if it’s available but they’ve screwed me, All the LE’s are out of stock. No where has it, of course they wouldn’t I thought I was home safe 4 months ago.

It is likely because they earmarked the cash from my account and the 4 month delay on the payment caused my bank to auto freak out and block the transaction. (Instead of documenting it in their own systems then raising it for billing the one time when it was ready for charge)

I’m trying to get it at shopto while I’m at work But our browser is so slow and out dated it takes 10 minutes to load every click!

-Even if its something to do with my credit card details, The fact they don’t flag it and ask me to try again and hold the game (although its the same CC details I’ve used for every preorder) over just cancelling it and then saying SORRY OUT OF STOCK, is BULL.

This is why I tend to buy from supermarkets or independent game retailers - big chain gamer stores tend to be overpriced and mess you around a lot.

I’m pre-ordered in-store with Game too and have had nothing except a text message on Saturday inviting me to the midnight opening for the shop to collect the game,

I havn’t paid for the game as such yet, but i have put £45 on a gift card to cover the game, so i’ll only need to shell out another £15 or so for the War Games pass and DLC?!

> I’m going through 1 by 1 trying to see if it’s available but they’ve screwed me, All the LE’s are out of stock. No where has it, of course they wouldn’t I thought I was home safe 4 months ago.
>
> It is likely because they earmarked the cash from my account and the 4 month delay on the payment caused my bank to auto freak out and block the transaction. (Instead of documenting it in their own systems then raising it for billing the one time when it was ready for charge)
>
> I’m trying to get it at shopto while I’m at work But our browser is so slow and out dated it takes 10 minutes to load every click!
>
> -Even if its something to do with my credit card details, The fact they don’t flag it and ask me to try again and hold the game (although its the same CC details I’ve used for every preorder) over just cancelling it and then saying SORRY OUT OF STOCK, is BULL.

Zavvi have some, Here,.

I pre-ordered from game on the 7th June, on Monday i got the email announcing that they will be charging my card early and today i got another email showing my ‘pre-order details’ - no info on if it has been cancelled or accepted yet.

> This is why I tend to buy from supermarkets or independent game retailers - big chain gamer stores tend to be overpriced and mess you around a lot.

I’ve mainly gone with HMV for preorders; every game i’ve preordered from them has arrived a day before release, with the one exception of MW3 but that was down to Activision not letting places ship until the day before release.

They made a mess with the Gears 3 release aswell. They were the only store that had the Epic edition and within the last week up to launch they sent emails saying that they were sorry but they couldn’t stock any copies of Gears 3 and everyone’s pre-order had been cancelled.

> This is why I tend to buy from supermarkets or independent game retailers - big chain gamer stores tend to be overpriced and mess you around a lot.

The game itself seems to be more expensive from Tesco and Asda so far,

not sure about Sainsbury’s or Morrison’s though, haven’t seen it advertised in my local stores yet for pre-order so i dont know if they are even doing it on pre-order?!!