Game type similar to SW Battlefront II’s Supremacy

With people clamoring for a 45v45 Invasion game type, I’d like to propose something a little different: a more Halo-esque take on Capital Supremacy from EA/Dice’s Star Wars Battlefront II. What’s that? It sounds kinda like Halo 5’s Warzone? Correct! This could be the formula to making WZ v2.0 work.

Just picture it: Invasion and Warzone-style objectives, leading to an end goal of boarding a Banished carrier or UNSC cruiser to take it down from within. If the winning team from the ground phase fails to destroy the ship, it could either be game over or take the BF2 route and return to the first stage.

Obviously, there would need to be some changes made.

• No REQ system or loadouts. Vehicles would would spawn on the map, as would power weapons. - (EDITED/REVISED: originally said “No AI”) Refined AI. - No ‘charge’ that needs to be built up. Victory on the ground phase can only be achieved when a team hits enough objectives, sorta like how a core destruction window opens up (except hitting all objectives is a bit easier than capping all bases in Warzone, for the sake of saving time).Thoughts? I hope it doesn’t sound like I want Halo to copy another franchise, but rather expand upon its own ideas while trying something new.

> 2535411993815954;1:
> - No REQ system or loadouts. Vehicles would would spawn on the map, as would power weapons.

I think something similar to BFII’s Battle Point system would be good, but maybe have mythic weapons found on the map? I prefer loadouts to finding stuff on the map personally, as I sometimes find it hard to play CQB, so having a DMR from the start in H4/ being able to safely get one from a REQ station in H5. Mythic weapons should definitely be map spawns though, and so should vehicles other than a mongoose, which should be able to be summoned from some sort of station using battle points.

> 2535411993815954;1:
> 2. No AI like in Battlefront II or Warzone. The only exception to this would be making the takedown of a boss a priority objective for one (or both) of the teams.

The AI seems to be what people like the most about Supremacy and Warzone, as it allows people that aren’t great at the game to help their team regardless. They did provide more action between Spartan battles in Warzone, so if this game mode has maps that are very big, even for 45v45, they will be almost necessary.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea though, hope they add this!

Sounds icky and too generic since you’re taking the worst aspects of Halo and throwing them all into a blender, BF2 was a trash game and Warzone is a joke so I’m not sure combining them would work

> 2535458188883243;3:
> Sounds icky and too generic since you’re taking the worst aspects of Halo and throwing them all into a blender, BF2 was a trash game and Warzone is a joke so I’m not sure combining them would work

Have you played Battlefront II in the past year and a half? It’s awesome in its current state. Warzone has the potential to be good, but 343 has to overhaul some of its aspects.

> No AI like in Battlefront II or Warzone. The only exception to this would be making the takedown of a boss a priority objective for one (or both) of the teams.

you lost me here, ai is one of the things that made warzone fun and what makes supremacy feel big.

I’m on board with the weapons and vehicles being map spawns though. maybe add a little bit of the random element warzone had by having most of the spawns randomly pick between a preset of weapons, like one spawn will spawn any precision weapon or another could spawn a warthog, ghost, or other light assault vehicle.

> No ‘charge’ that needs to be built up. Victory on the ground phase can only be achieved when a team hits enough objectives, sorta like how a core destruction window opens up (except hitting all objectives is a bit easier than capping all bases in Warzone, for the sake of saving time).

I really like this idea. the main thing I liked in warzone was it’s multi-objective nature that allowed you to form a game plan that can adapt based on what ever elements are introduced into the field at anytime. And as much as I love supremacy for what it is, I do have to admit it gets quite long.

> 2535458188883243;3:
> Sounds icky and too generic since you’re taking the worst aspects of Halo and throwing them all into a blender, BF2 was a trash game and Warzone is a joke so I’m not sure combining them would work

If you played it at launch yes but now it’s really good. They have improved the game massively.

> 2533274889282194;5:
> you lost me here, ai is one of the things that made warzone fun and what makes supremacy feel big.

Yeah, I’ve changed my mind about the AI since posting this. :sweat_smile: I was playing a bit of Supremacy last night, and I realized how much smaller it’d feel if there weren’t bots around.

> 2533274889282194;5:
> maybe add a little bit of the random element warzone had by having most of the spawns randomly pick between a preset of weapons, like one spawn will spawn any precision weapon or another could spawn a warthog, ghost, or other light assault vehicle.

That’s a great idea! It’d make every round start feel unique.

> 2533274889282194;5:
> I really like this idea. the main thing I liked in warzone was it’s multi-objective nature that allowed you to form a game plan that can adapt based on what ever elements are introduced into the field at anytime. And as much as I love supremacy for what it is, I do have to admit it gets quite long.

Exactly. I like how you can take down bosses as an objective. Really adds variety to the mode.

> 2535408299219519;6:
> > 2535458188883243;3:
> > Sounds icky and too generic since you’re taking the worst aspects of Halo and throwing them all into a blender, BF2 was a trash game and Warzone is a joke so I’m not sure combining them would work
>
> If you played it at launch yes but now it’s really good. They have improved the game massively.

I did, it still sucked and was bugged with balance and game issues up until death.
Going from an F to a C- isn’t a big improvement worth copying.

> 2535458188883243;8:
> I did, it still sucked and was bugged with balance and game issues up until death.
> Going from an F to a C- isn’t a big improvement worth copying.

Wym by “until death”? The game is alive and well, even if it’s no longer receiving major content updates.

> 2535411993815954;9:
> > 2535458188883243;8:
> > I did, it still sucked and was bugged with balance and game issues up until death.
> > Going from an F to a C- isn’t a big improvement worth copying.
>
> Wym by “until death”? The game is alive and well, even if it’s no longer receiving major content updates.

I play on xbox and the population dropoff was sever, good enough to call dead as most gametypes are simply impossible to find matches for.

I can agree to an extent. I don’t think a 45 vs 45 is good enough though. I would rather keep the A.I. and have, conservatively, a 75 vs 75 or, to be more liberal, a 100 vs 100 game. But I do like the idea of a Supremacy style game.

Another idea is maybe Battlefront II (Lucas Arts, 2004) style Space Battle. Seraphs vs the Spacecraft used in Reach (Someone remind me the name! I should know this!) Each taking off from a capital ship and fighting in space. Attempting to destroy each other’s ship.

> 2535458188883243;10:
> > 2535411993815954;9:
> > > 2535458188883243;8:
> > > I did, it still sucked and was bugged with balance and game issues up until death.
> > > Going from an F to a C- isn’t a big improvement worth copying.
> >
> > Wym by “until death”? The game is alive and well, even if it’s no longer receiving major content updates.
>
> I play on xbox and the population dropoff was sever, good enough to call dead as most gametypes are simply impossible to find matches for.

Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assault have plenty of people as does Ewok Hunt. Even Blast doesn’t have to low of a population.

> 2535408299219519;12:
> > 2535458188883243;10:
> > > 2535411993815954;9:
> > > > 2535458188883243;8:
> > > > I did, it still sucked and was bugged with balance and game issues up until death.
> > > > Going from an F to a C- isn’t a big improvement worth copying.
> > >
> > > Wym by “until death”? The game is alive and well, even if it’s no longer receiving major content updates.
> >
> > I play on xbox and the population dropoff was sever, good enough to call dead as most gametypes are simply impossible to find matches for.
>
> Capital Supremacy and Galactic Assault have plenty of people as does Ewok Hunt. Even Blast doesn’t have to low of a population.

Press X to doubt when I can’t even find a game of GA

> 2535458188883243;13:
> Press X to doubt when I can’t even find a game of GA

In all fairness, Galactic Assault has become so unplayed over time on all platforms that the devs had to move it to the “Other” category in the multiplayer submenus. :sweat_smile: Supremacy is where it’s at.