Game Ties - What are they good for?

Game ties are a common occurrence in matchmaking, especially on games like CTF. It’s frustrating because when you think of a tie, you think of a middle ground between winning and losing, where both sides are on par and either share the reward, split it, or implement a tiebreaker. This isn’t the case in Halo 4. In Halo 4, when both teams are on par and tie a match, the trophy gets thrown in the ocean. There are no commendations for tied games, only for won games. There is no xp bonus at the end of a tied match, only a won match. I’m not even sure how a tie is implemented into your online Halo 4 stats, if that even matters. All that I know is that, instead of splitting a reward or implementing a tie breaker, tied games just treat both teams as though they had lost.

My suggestion is to implement some sort of tie-breaker into matchmade games. For objective games, it could be determined by total number of kills, total number of deaths, medals, points, etc. Since the point system in slayer gametypes isn’t really used (winner is still determined by sheer number of kills) that could be utilized as a tie breaker there as well. Any sort of tie breaker at all would be a welcome alternative to both teams losing.

The tied games should be decided by the team with the most Europeans on it loses. Just to keep things consistent :wink:

> The tied games should be decided by the team with the most Europeans on it loses. Just to keep things consistent :wink:

LOL, true that. Seems that 343i don’t like us Europeans!

Nothing like mutual headshots from 60m on Haven to end a game in a tie.

Game ties are silly considering they dont give you a win for both sides

But ill admit games that end up tieing are the most fun

Adrenaline pumping and what not

Slight chub n stuff