Game should not have hit scan.

If you think about it bungie tried to make Reach a more realistic future fps.They would have succeeded if not for the bad bloom on all bloom weapons and the hit scan.The sniper already has a huge hit box and no recoil to give it hit scan on top of that is limited.It makes cross map sniping a sure thing and promotes camping seeing as how they will never have to leave the comfort of there base on all BTB maps due to that.As for the dmr it is an all purpose weapon even more than the br.The dmr’s bloom is to reliable when spamming and it being hit scan is even worse especially when you are being cross map crouching team spammed.I would like see hit scan removed after a certain amount of frames to encourage map movement.Session data

yea, its much better to have the game be

shoot on target -> maybe hit, maybe miss, depending on how terrible xbox live decides to be and your connection to the host
shoot off target -> maybe miss, but you can also hit, depending on terrible xbox live latency.

• give hosts a MASSIVE advantage over people who arent host
  • make connection speed matter infinitely more than with hitscan

than have it be hitscan and work like:

shoot on target -> hit.
shoot off target -> miss.

tbh bro. its not even debatable. its not even remotely close to being debatable either.

hitscan is just INFINITELY better.

it might not make as much sense, it might not be realistic, but its 100% optimal for our current average connection speeds over xbox live. without hitscan host and connection speed start to matter more than skill, and thats basically abysmal. case in point is black ops. black ops is literally 100% unplayable if you cannot pull 4 bar connection EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Yup. What that guy said. ^
Hitscan also allows for amazing clutch gameplay with being able to land better precision shots and with a hit registration that is top notch.

The problem with not having hitscan is the player who has the better connection will come out on top. Hitscan allows for a more even fight, even if connection to the host isn’t the best.

Like Urza said, there really is no argument. Hitscan is just better than having no hitscan, and to get rid of hitscan would be just foolish.

Agreed with Urza.

What urza said.

> yea, its much better to have the game be
>
> shoot on target -> maybe hit, maybe miss, depending on how terrible xbox live decides to be and your connection to the host
> shoot off target -> maybe miss, but you can also hit, depending on terrible xbox live latency.
>
> + give hosts a MASSIVE advantage over people who arent host
> + make connection speed matter infinitely more than with hitscan
>
> than have it be hitscan and work like:
>
> shoot on target -> hit.
> shoot off target -> miss.
>
> tbh bro. its not even debatable. its not even remotely close to being debatable either.
>
> hitscan is just INFINITELY better.
>
> it might not make as much sense, it might not be realistic, but its 100% optimal for our current average connection speeds over xbox live. without hitscan host and connection speed start to matter more than skill, and thats basically abysmal. case in point is black ops. black ops is literally 100% unplayable if you cannot pull 4 bar connection EVERY SINGLE GAME.

What he said.

Remember trying to play Halo 3 with anything besides a 4 bar? Remember how you would have to put to magazines into someone before your shots actually hit?

gameplay > realistic

Gimme a BR with hitscan please

> gameplay > realistic
>
> Gimme a BR with hitscan please

What he said.

LAN > Xbox Live

Online is just practice, LAN’s are where it’s at. Don’t have to worry about who’s host or that one stupid random (or randoms) with walmart connections that brag how much better they are than you when in fact it’s because of lag.

Hitscan or no, bullets are bullets and they kill players. As long as they hit and do their job, i am happy. Though i be lying if i said i hated the BR, which i don’t.