Game randomly crashing since the Season 4 update

Just as the title says, my game randomly crashes now. It will freeze and make a buzzing sound. Twice today my entire console shutdown mid game. I’ve never actually had that happen before. Has anyone else experienced these crashes? I’m using the original Xbox One if that matters. I kind of wonder if the game has become too big for the Xbox One to handle. One crash occurred while getting into a vehicle in Halo 3 with skins enabled.

I’m guessing it has something to do with the implementation of skins. I started experiencing it randomly in Combat Evolved after the introduction of skins, where as you said the console would hard-reset after being “stunned.” Has happened to me several times now that skins are in Halo 3. Can’t replicate it in any of the other games.

I am on an original xbox one and haven’t experienced any crashes but I don’t play H3 either. Maybe I will give H3 a shot to test it out.

Mine has been randomly shutting down the Xbox for 5 years now. Lol I laugh not because it’s funny, but because I’ve had to deal with the struggle at least once a month since the game came out.

My friend had the same issue happen too. It’s creepy, stupid and annoying when it just randomly decides to crash the intire Xbox.

I played one game of H3 btb heavies and got in the warthog a few times and nothing happened. I use the hazard skin and the skin popped up but no console crash. Of course that is only one game but this time of day I was surprised to even get a game really… Had one H3 and two H4 btb heavies.

This has been a problem since season 1, first it was just a CE problem, but since season 3 came out it’s a problem on H3 as well. It happens most frequently at the end of the loading screen, but it can also happen randomly midgame. It might be related to skins, but turning skins off doesn’t prevent it. It makes a unique sound before it crashes, I can’t describe it. Sometimes you can hear it start and the game stutters a bit, but things continue and you know you were very close to crashing. But when it makes the noise and the screen freezes, it’s over. The problem is little bit worse on CE than H3 and it typically occurs in about 1 in 25 games. Most of the time the console doesn’t shut off, but I’ve had it happen a few times. I play in a party of 8 in BTB and it happens to everybody I think, I see it happen all the time.

There is also another way to crash your game, if you go to view session details on certain people on your friends list it crashes every time. I’m not sure why it only crashes for some, but not others, I think it might be just PC players on your friends list.

I think 343 should delay season 5 and instead just focus on bug fixes, with each update more and more bugs keep getting added. I could write a book on the bugs in this game. The audio for H2A occasionally gets really messed up. The party leader cannot select the 6th person in the group and the navigation skips over certain players on the way down in a consistent pattern, on the way up it skips players as well. The 6th person always gets skipped whether you’re going up or down. It’s a mess to navigate. Occasionally the background of the screen goes black and you can’t see your friends list or who’s in your party. Anyway I’m getting off topic, fix your game 343.

My halo ce and halo 3 have bug on skin or player because my game crash and xbox one console turn off itself same thing in halo mcc insider I play in solo or party it happens to me in 5 or more time. But back in season 3 their no problems with halo ce or halo 3 but after the release of season 4 both halo game have a problem with the skin or the console. But don’t use the skin only if you player have the new xbox their no problems were your playing with both halo ce or halo 3. And they need to fix the skin and console.

> 2535416616313329;1:
> Just as the title says, my game randomly crashes now. It will freeze and make a buzzing sound. Twice today my entire console shutdown mid game. I’ve never actually had that happen before. Has anyone else experienced these crashes? I’m using the original Xbox One if that matters. I kind of wonder if the game has become too big for the Xbox One to handle. One crash occurred while getting into a vehicle in Halo 3 with skins enabled.

This happens exactly to me. It buzzes, freezes, then crashes my whole Xbox One S. I think it probably has to do with the 4 player splitscreen i play on, but this is an actual problem.

> 2535436557871072;8:
> > 2535416616313329;1:
> > Just as the title says, my game randomly crashes now. It will freeze and make a buzzing sound. Twice today my entire console shutdown mid game. I’ve never actually had that happen before. Has anyone else experienced these crashes? I’m using the original Xbox One if that matters. I kind of wonder if the game has become too big for the Xbox One to handle. One crash occurred while getting into a vehicle in Halo 3 with skins enabled.
>
> This happens exactly to me. It buzzes, freezes, then crashes my whole Xbox One S. I think it probably has to do with the 4 player splitscreen i play on, but this is an actual problem.

Happens on my One X, and happy to report that it has not crashed during the insider flight after 30 matches across multiple days. Fingers crossed, and hopefully this kinda crash will be resolved in the next update.

My Xbox turned off and then turned back on by itself when I was about to enter a CE online multiplayer match. Scary.

Happens exactly like you said to me about 1/3 games on Halo 3 and only in Halo 3, never happened in any of the other games in the collection. It’s a real shame, because I love Halo 3 for its MP but I find myself reluctantly taking it out of the rotation because of this issue. It’s so frustrating getting banned for 5-10 minutes because their game doesn’t work properly.
It amazes me that it’s such a common well known problem and 343 either have no idea about it, or no idea how to fix it, or simply don’t care enough to fix it. Until they actually address the issue and fix it, I unfortunately won’t be playing Halo 3 multiplayer.

> 2535416616313329;1:
> Just as the title says, my game randomly crashes now. It will freeze and make a buzzing sound. Twice today my entire console shutdown mid game. I’ve never actually had that happen before. Has anyone else experienced these crashes? I’m using the original Xbox One if that matters. I kind of wonder if the game has become too big for the Xbox One to handle. One crash occurred while getting into a vehicle in Halo 3 with skins enabled.

It happens to me everyday, specially when playing 8 vs 8

As this appears to be an issue with your game, we recommend heading over to https://aka.ms/HaloSupport for further assistance. Please review the latest known issues and submit a ticket if your issue is not listed.

Thanks!