Game Progress Is Gone

Hi, I have completed most of the campaign and I was on the last mission. My Asus Vivotab RT then updated itself and when I logged back into the game, all my progress was gone. Yes, I have connected to the internet and signed in with my account so the progress should have been saved on cloud right? I also tried signing out and signing back in and it doesn’t work. How can I get my progress back without playing through it again?

Same thing happened to me on Windows 8. Done the update and everything is gone. I had already beaten the game so I would have been able to play the new dlc but guess I’ll have to go through everything again.

Same here… All progress GONE, no Medals nothing.
GG 343, this will be blamed on Microsoft sadly… I can see it now

At this time, cloud storage is unavailable, making game saves inaccessible. We are investigating and will provide an update tomorrow. Apologies for the inconvenience.

So seeing as I started playing again… will this affect my prior game saves when they come back online? It better not sync up the bad data with the good

Hi, narf857x. We anticipate prior game saves will be intact upon their return.

Thank you bs angel for responding and being helpful through here and Twitter.

FWIW I didn’t have this problem with the WP version so it may be sorted now or it may just be affecting Win8

> FWIW I didn’t have this problem with the WP version so it may be sorted now or it may just be affecting Win8

That’s correct, Hybridchld. Mobile is not affected by the cloud storage issues.

> > FWIW I didn’t have this problem with the WP version so it may be sorted now or it may just be affecting Win8
>
> That’s correct, Hybridchld. Mobile is not affected by the cloud storage issues.

Do you recommend not installing the update until tomorrow at least after I beat Hydra? I am on my surface RT.

So it’s a cloud storage Problem ?

Okay at least you know the problem.

Any update on fixing the issue? Is it safe to update our game?

> Any update on fixing the issue? Is it safe to update our game?

I just updated mine - with no knowledge of the issue - and my progress has been wiped; so nope.

> > Any update on fixing the issue? Is it safe to update our game?
>
> I just updated mine - with no knowledge of the issue - and my progress has been wiped; so nope.

I left the pc on for 20 minutes while taking a bath, and it updated the game automatically. MS has got to be kidding us :stuck_out_tongue:

If it’s a cloud storage problem, that means that anything you do now isn’t being saved to the cloud. It also means that when cloud storage comes back online, your progress may be reset to where it was before the update. For this reason, I’m going to wait until this issue is resolve before I do anything in SA. I hope it isn’t too long!

Well this sucks…

First of all, I cannot play operation F because it’s blocked by operations A-E which I supposedly didn’t complete.

Second of all, even if I do blaze through 25 missions again, it may all be for naught if Vektor0 is right about the cloud issue.

Guess I just have to wait…

We have a team working to resolve this. Thank you for your patience, and we will provide updates as we go.

> We have a team working to resolve this. Thank you for your patience, and we will provide updates as we go.

Thanks, I will keep an eye up here on the forums and on twitter.

Hopefully soon since was looking forward to playing the next episode.

We can be patient and play some Halo 4 as we wait i guess…