game price

so i just saw this game on amazon with a price of £70 for the normal edition, i also noticed this for gears of war 5 are Microsoft charging us more for the base game now? £70 seems a little expensive for a standard edition when most companies still charge 50 ish

It doesn’t look like it’s just Microsoft. Cyberpunk 2077, Nioh 2 and Ghost of Tsushima are all £70 on PlayStation. Can’t say for sure what this means but it’s possible that inflation has finally caught up to prices for triple-A titles, though the conversion rate between USD and GBP has me thinking otherwise.

hm im hoping that these are just place holders for now i cant imagine many people wanting to shell out 70 (92 dollars which sounds crazy) and then have the season pass, dlc, or micro transactions, think they will release at this price then?

> 2533274889035448;3:
> hm im hoping that these are just place holders for now i cant imagine many people wanting to shell out 70 (92 dollars which sounds crazy) and then have the season pass, dlc, or micro transactions, think they will release at this price then?

I’m confident from what are seeing at Amazon are just placeholders. 343i hasn’t confirmed a release date for the game yet. I’ll take what you see on Amazon with a grain of salt if I were you when it comes to recently announced games.

Did you refresh? To me halo Infinite isn’t even there, gears 5 says unavailable, cyberpunk 2077 says 59.99$ and so does everything else that is upcoming. The only things above 60$ are the deluxe/gold/limited editions that I’m seeing.

Furthermore I’d be curious why prices are shown when launch dates and title covers aren’t even out yet.

I hope they don’t start jacking game prices up. They’re already too expensive in my opinion. Especially with how games launch half-finished and take months to be finished with “DLC” nowadays.

ok thats good to know, i did refresh but i still see it, but considering most games are set at 70 i guess thats like the max price?

> 2533274923562209;5:
> Did you refresh? To me halo Infinite isn’t even there, gears 5 says unavailable, cyberpunk 2077 says 59.99$ and so does everything else that is upcoming. The only things above 60$ are the deluxe/gold/limited editions that I’m seeing.
>
> Furthermore I’d be curious why prices are shown when launch dates and title covers aren’t even out yet.

yeah i noticed that in the us version they are not there so i guess the uk amazon is just messing things up, and $60/59.99 makes a lot more sense and converted its about 55pound which is normal

Microsoft usually follows the norm for their game prices so if they are raising, expect everyone to follow. In Canada the prices for AAA games jumped from $60 to $80 starting this generation.

> 2533275031939856;9:
> Microsoft usually follows the norm for their game prices so if they are raising, expect everyone to follow. In Canada the prices for AAA games jumped from $60 to $80 starting this generation.

yeah i think it may just be amazon uk’s placeholder prices as most other amazons dont even have some of the games listed and other sites had them up for 60ish which is closer to a normal price, if its not i cant imagine many people wanting to pay £70 for a game that will have dlc etc

also another thing forza horizion 4 is Microsoft and that cost £49.99 which is normal for a uk price so i guess its just placeholder

> 2533274889035448;10:
> > 2533275031939856;9:
> > Microsoft usually follows the norm for their game prices so if they are raising, expect everyone to follow. In Canada the prices for AAA games jumped from $60 to $80 starting this generation.
>
> yeah i think it may just be amazon uk’s placeholder prices as most other amazons dont even have some of the games listed and other sites had them up for 60ish which is closer to a normal price, if its not i cant imagine many people wanting to pay £70 for a game that will have dlc etc
>
> also another thing forza horizion 4 is Microsoft and that cost £49.99 which is normal for a uk price so i guess its just placeholder

That makes sense if FH4 and Infinite are different.

I’m pretty sure Price is only in Modern Warfare XD

As we haven’t had any release date announcements or actual story trailers yet, any price you see is a placeholder until it gets confirmed