Game of the Year?

Don’t get me wrong here. I am not trying to start a flame war or anything. I am genuinely curious about this. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Halo: CE, 2, and 3 all won game of the year awards right? Was Reach even nominated?

If it wasn’t then that’s a shame. I personally love Reach and to me it is the game of the year.

To me, that’s the best you can ask for. :slight_smile: So many games fly under the radar with never a mention on G4 or a skyrocketing Metacritic score, but they endear themselves to our hearts nonetheless. Many of my favorite games would never make most big GOTY lsts, but you know what? They make mine. And that’s what matters.

Reach wasn’t just a game of the year. It was a game of a decade. The culmination of years of work by Bungie and a very dear and fond farewell to their fans. It is also a torch-passing game, transitioning Halo fans into the warm awaiting arms of an exciting new steward and creative team in 343i.

Is it your game of the year? Then critics be -Yoink!-. Each consumer is in charge of the most important GOTY list imaginable. Their own.

Keep on playing, man.

<3 Grim

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was my fav this year :slight_smile:

I think Reach would still have been my 2010 fav, but Mass Effect 2 would have been hogging the rear view mirror like nobody’s business, lol.

Grim

PS. BF:BC2 was AWESOME. Totally agree! :wink:

There are thousands of GOTY awards every year by different sources, It’s bound to have won it somewhere.

Personally, my GOTY last year was Red Dead Redemption. This year will hopefully be Skyrim.

It got best visuals I think.

I’m rooting for BF3 this year. I kinda hope MW3 crashes and burns miserably, but that doesn’t really need my help.

I like Grim’s first post.

And for me, Reach was FPS of the year (not game) and BF:BC2 was FPS-MP of the year.

> Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was my fav this year :slight_smile:

Agree, and Reach didn’t even get close to a nomination IMO.
And from what I’ve seen of the upcoming games this year it’ll be either Skyrim or Battlefield 3 for me, but I am silently hoping for a Halo contender to appear on the stage.

To me Reach is the game of the year. :smiley:

Crysis 2 made me cry last night

I absolutely love Reach, but my game of the year was Red Dead Redemption.

good points, but I will say that the quality and quantity of games now is so high that you’ve REALLY got to do something special, and for a lot of people, Reach wasn’t as special as it needed to be to win the top prize, which is understandable (though I personally love it)