game of the year edition - deadeye helmet

i wanted this helmet since the game came out. tried to get it in ebay, and never managed to get it. i was so happy when 343 said that this is going to be part of the game of the year edition. but i also upset for the player who did managed to get this helmet because this will be no longer special and unique.

I have all the preorder armour and I don’t mind. And I always have Fotus if I want an exclusive helmet.

> I have all the preorder armour and I don’t mind. And I always have Fotus if I want an exclusive helmet.

Pretty much the same for me. Anyone claiming that 343 are doing wrong by giving out that content are just miffed they won’t be ‘unique’ anymore. :confused:

I completely agree with the other guys. Armour is purely cosmetic and should be available to everyone, except for the exclusives that people paid extra money for. They should remain exclusives.

Well the armor skins that are coming out with the McFarlane toys are exclusive to each toy, so those are somewhat of an alternative to people wanting something unique.

I was a little bummed. Not so much for Deadeye, but for Locus.

I use to play S-Ops a lot and I only ran into 1 or 2 other people using that helmet where it seemed like I’d run into 1 or 2 Deadeye wearers every 5-10 games.

I’ve still got the Prime skin and a couple of the figure skins if I want to be unique.

i was lucky enough to get the Locus helmet (my fav) and it was donated to me by someone very very very kind on here but now its pretty much worthless seeming everyone will have it :confused:

> > I have all the preorder armour and I don’t mind. And I always have Fotus if I want an exclusive helmet.
>
> Pretty much the same for me. Anyone claiming that 343 are doing wrong by giving out that content are just miffed they won’t be ‘unique’ anymore. :confused:

Actually there was an extensive thread where it was repeated several times that the issue was not that they had mentioned the release of the pre order skins, as you didnt have to pay anythign extra for the game (tho you did have to preorder on a specific store)

The issue was that there was Info saying that “Exclusive” content like Recruit Prime and Fotus armor were also going to be included items that are exclusive to 2 specific versions of the game.

They are still going to release the “exclusive” wich wont be exclusive anymore Console Edition lightrifle skin but at least they wont touch Fotus or Recruit Prime.

> They are still going to release the “exclusive” wich wont be exclusive anymore Console Edition lightrifle skin but at least they wont touch Fotus or Recruit Prime.

I IMAGINE the reason behind the lightrifle IMP’s release is so that we can have an LR skin for SpOps, since unlike the AR, there is no specialization skin for the LR, they can’t do anything about the storm rifle though still…

> > They are still going to release the “exclusive” wich wont be exclusive anymore Console Edition lightrifle skin but at least they wont touch Fotus or Recruit Prime.
>
> I IMAGINE the reason behind the lightrifle IMP’s release is so that we can have an LR skin for SpOps, since unlike the AR, there is no specialization skin for the LR, they can’t do anything about the storm rifle though still…

Oh I agree but it is still an exclusive that they are releasing outside of the edition it came with, however even tho it does bug me a little i dont really mind it that much, Fotus? well that would be a different story alltogether.

> Oh I agree but it is still an exclusive that they are releasing outside of the edition it came with, however even tho it does bug me a little i don’t really mind it that much, Fotus? well that would be a different story altogether.

Yeh, to be honest i can’t imagine that many people with the console edition really use that skin much now, i rarely see the LR in use, even less so the skin… i think maybe once in the last 5 months?

> > Oh I agree but it is still an exclusive that they are releasing outside of the edition it came with, however even tho it does bug me a little i don’t really mind it that much, Fotus? well that would be a different story altogether.
>
> Yeh, to be honest i can’t imagine that many people with the console edition really use that skin much now, i rarely see the LR in use, even less so the skin… i think maybe once in the last 5 months?

Pretty much, I do have the skin equipped on my LR since day 1 but i rarely use the LR so yeah…

> Pretty much, I do have the skin equipped on my LR since day 1 but i rarely use the LR so yeah…

I have a firepower class with the BR/LR that currently uses the steampunk skin on the LR, i’ll change to the IMP when i get the GOTY, but thats cause im not big on steampunk… the IMP skin doesnt amaze me, but i’d prefer it over the steampunk or basic weapon (basic = GREY with forerunner stuff)

the things i personally need from the GOTY are:

CIO WEB
Venator RPTR
Hazop FRST
Deadeye
Locus
Lightrifle IMP

i got the Oceanic CRCT and BR ACT from my pre-order, bought the limited edtion for my Recruit and AR PRME and got Gungnir PULS from a friend.

It’s a good thing they are releasing the preorder bonuses. That was a bad move to require people buying multiple copies of the game from different vendors to get all of the armor and weapon skins (this is why I will get the GotY edition since I only bought one copy of the game). It was a good move that they kept the version exclusive armors exclusive seeing as anyone could have potentially gotten those by getting the correct version of the game.

> > Pretty much, I do have the skin equipped on my LR since day 1 but i rarely use the LR so yeah…
>
> I have a firepower class with the BR/LR that currently uses the steampunk skin on the LR, i’ll change to the IMP when i get the GOTY, but thats cause im not big on steampunk… the IMP skin doesnt amaze me, but i’d prefer it over the steampunk or basic weapon (basic = GREY with forerunner stuff)
>
> the things i personally need from the GOTY are:
>
> CIO WEB
> Venator RPTR
> Hazop FRST
> Deadeye
> Locus
> Lightrifle IMP
>
> i got the Oceanic CRCT and BR ACT from my pre-order, bought the limited edtion for my Recruit and AR PRME and got Gungnir PULS from a friend.

Cool!

I do have all preorder armors and both Console and Limited Editions (I am a Halo Collector) will get GOTY just because i need to add it to my collection too.

I bought all the pre order armor except Venator Raptor. GotY edition really rustles my jimmies.

> I bought all the pre order armor except Venator Raptor. GotY edition really rustles my jimmies.

TO BE FAIR… 343i is just making money off of their pre-order bonuses now rather than random people on e-bay, so i don’t blame em for wanting it this way…

I wouldn’t say that. 343 never said that the pre-order skins and helmets would be exclusives pieces. Just bonuses for pre-ordering the game. And I believe they said that they might be available later on … but not how or when they would be available.

And who’s GOTY edition didn’t include any bonus dlc stuff.

As mentioned above, I’m also content that the exclusive armor wasn’t included in the GOTY edition. I have the Prime skin, though never used it because used my PO Venator armor at the start

… though I kinda wish I could get myself on the FOTUS armor. But I think that the only way I’ll be able to get that is to wear down a member of 343’s resolve till they just give in and give me a code to make me go away … And I have a feeling that probably wont happen.

> > > Oh I agree but it is still an exclusive that they are releasing outside of the edition it came with, however even tho it does bug me a little i don’t really mind it that much, Fotus? well that would be a different story altogether.
> >
> > Yeh, to be honest i can’t imagine that many people with the console edition really use that skin much now, i rarely see the LR in use, even less so the skin… i think maybe once in the last 5 months?
>
> Pretty much, I do have the skin equipped on my LR since day 1 but i rarely use the LR so yeah…

Yeah, I have to agree. I rarely use the lightrifle so the IMP skin is wasted!

eh, although I pre-ordered from best buy to get it… I really could care less about whether or not it’s unique. I did it because, like you, I loved the helmet and thought it looked really cool, not because I wanted to look special or different. I’m actually wearing it right now with scout chest, venator shoulders, and countoured legs in silver and orange, but waypoint is slow so it doesn’t show it yet. I feel the same way about the venator raptor skin I got too.

Coming from someone who pre-ordered for the deadeye, get it. It’s awesome, you’ll love it.