Game of the year anyone?

First true halo game since halo 3 an look at what them games did

E3
“With Black ops 2 we are really pushing the limit with the graphics”
Me

They give out game of the year to games before they’re even released yet. Hell, they give Nobel peace prizes out for being elected president now.

I think Halo 4 looks great, but GotY? I wouldn’t hold my breath if I was you, I doubt many sites or mags are going to give it to Halo.

Cod looks like crap halo 3 an ce got game of the year an 2 was credit goty by most companies

> I think Halo 4 looks great, but GotY? I wouldn’t hold my breath if I was you, I doubt many sites or mags are going to give it to Halo.

Halo is the biggest 360 exclusive, and many sites/mags know they need good relationship with MS to get free games and other stuff. Since Ps3 got no really awesome exclusive for 2012 like Halo, expect plenty.
No matter the quality, famous games/names does get great awards and does sell a lot, even if they suck and are horrible. That’s the power of ads, and some money in the right pockets (aka 10/10 reviews). Hopefully Halo 4 can earn some GOTY too, not just get them because it’s Halo 4…

GOTY would be an understatement.

Frankly, I would not be surprised if Diablo III gets GotY. Halo 4 does look really good, but I just don’t think it will win.

Mass Effect 3 for me is a strong contender. (lets just forget about the ending)

I bet halo 4 will deserve GOTY but they’ll give it to a multiplatform game so ps3 fanboys won’t get pissed.

Halo: ODST is a true Halo Game. Halo: Reach is a true Halo game. Where have you been for the last 5 years?

> I bet halo 4 will deserve GOTY but they’ll give it to a multiplatform game so ps3 fanboys won’t get pissed.

The fun thing here is that it’s more probable for a PS3 game to win Goty.

Anyways, i doubt so, perhaps best 360 game or best shooter or best multiplayer, but THE goty?

No thanks, i preffer an RPG to win.

If The Last of Us is coming out this year Halo might be in trouble.

> > I think Halo 4 looks great, but GotY? I wouldn’t hold my breath if I was you, I doubt many sites or mags are going to give it to Halo.
>
> Halo is the biggest 360 exclusive, and many sites/mags know they need good relationship with MS to get free games and other stuff. Since Ps3 got no really awesome exclusive for 2012 like Halo, expect plenty.
> No matter the quality, famous games/names does get great awards and does sell a lot, even if they suck and are horrible. That’s the power of ads, and some money in the right pockets (aka 10/10 reviews). Hopefully Halo 4 can earn some GOTY too, not just get them because it’s Halo 4…

Um, your wrong about the PS3 not having a good exclusive, ever hear of “The Last of Us”? It’s made by Naughty Dog same people who made Crash, Jak and Daxter, and Uncharted. There was also this little game called Diablo 3 on PC. And nobody needs to kiss -Yoink!- rear-end seeing as the Xbox is only popular in North America. But once again I think Halo 4 looks good and could win GotY, its just not the horse I’m betting on.

> First true halo game since halo 3 an look at what them games did

I don’t like this sentence… too broken. It could mean more than one thing, so everyone could get rubbed the wrong way.

“Mainstream” games don’t usually get GOTY anymore (they used to, but now critics are moving more towards “arthouse” games).

If its based on votes, CoD will win for sure, if it’s based on a judging panel, then a more “unique” game will probably win (probably a PS3 exclusive, what with all the arthouse games they’ve been rushing out over the previous years).

Unless Halo 4 turns out to contain some kind of insane ending that is supposed to represent post-modernism or something (MGS2 anyone?), I don’t see it winning any GOTY awards. Lots of good games never get GOTY recognition, but it doesn’t affect sales or critical ratings in any way. GOTY awards don’t count for much unless the studio is an indie one that needs recognition, and 343 doesn’t need recognition.

GOTY? yeah sorry… Far Cry 3 comes out this year so… not gonna happen.

I’m hoping some indie mobile game steals the title this year (in most major publications. Since when has there been a single GOTY for you guys?) The big guys in this industry could use a good scare.

> Halo: ODST is a true Halo Game. Halo: Reach is a true Halo game. Where have you been for the last 5 years?

Some would disagree with the last GAME .

> If The Last of Us is coming out this year Halo might be in trouble.

I heard it’s supposed to be a big thing, but I must say, after watching the E3 gameplay, all I was thinking was “Meh, 'nother post-apocalyptic game with prettier graphics”. Although, after reading “The Road”, I guess I get disillusioned towards this stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, H4 does have a better shot than other mainstreamers. I mean, 1) It’s freakin’ HALO, 2) Spartan Ops, 3) Looks amazing, 4) NOT CoD, 5) Most revolutionized Halo yet.

Not holding my breath, but hey, could happen.