Game no longer utilizes my dedicated gpu

Specs:
Gaming Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Y700
Integrated GPU: AMD Radeon R7 (1GB)
Dedicated GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M385X (4GB)
CPU: AMD FX-8800P (2.1GHz)
RAM: 8GB

Though the game would consistently give me the error that I did not have sufficient VRAM to run it, I had managed to get it to work despite that and could play very smoothly with max settings besides 1k for textures. After an update about a month ago, I now get 6-8 fps on minimum settings. I learned from the benchmark utility in Gears of War 4 that all my windows store app games appear to only utlize my integrated gpu. I have confirmed that I have the proper graphics drivers for my graphics cards and they are up to date. I experience no issues when playing non-windows store app games, such as Bioshock Infinite which I got 50 fps in the benchmark utility for Very High at 1080p. All games I have that are not from the windows store app are able to utilize my dedicated gpu without issue.

I have troubleshooted extensively and believe the issue has to do with how windows store app games work.I have contacted AMD and Microsoft regarding this issue, but neither has been able to figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Go into your AMD Control panel, go to the profile for Halo 5 forge, if not, create one, and set it to use the dedicated GPU.

If you can’t do that for some reason, set the default profile to use the dedicated GPU.

> 2533274821632824;2:
> Go into your AMD Control panel, go to the profile for Halo 5 forge, if not, create one, and set it to use the dedicated GPU.
>
> If you can’t do that for some reason, set the default profile to use the dedicated GPU.

I am unable to add an app profile for any Windows Store Apps due to permissions. I edited the permissions to full control for the folder through the advanced security properties settings and it still did not allow me to add the .exe corresponding to Halo 5 Forge. There are no options for general application profile to use the dedicated GPU so far as I could see. It seems like if I can add the app profile it should work properly, how can I resolve/work around the permissions barrier?

> 2533274821632824;2:
> Go into your AMD Control panel, go to the profile for Halo 5 forge, if not, create one, and set it to use the dedicated GPU.
>
> If you can’t do that for some reason, set the default profile to use the dedicated GPU.

I managed to get it to work reasonable well after I changed my BIOS GPU setting to integrated. However I cannot seem to get a stable FPS above ~20. Changing my textures from 256MB to 4K has zero impact on FPS, which is very strange, but turning off shadows, ambient occlusion, and VSync has improved FPS somewhat. I used to get 30-40 FPS on max settings most of the time and 40-60 on lower textures. Very strange. What can I do to try and improve my FPS? I turned the power play slider to max performance/quality and have enable virtual super resolution. Thanks.

> 2533274972662993;3:
> > 2533274821632824;2:
> > Go into your AMD Control panel, go to the profile for Halo 5 forge, if not, create one, and set it to use the dedicated GPU.
> > If you can’t do that for some reason, set the default profile to use the dedicated GPU.
>
> I am unable to add an app profile for any Windows Store Apps due to permissions. I edited the permissions to full control for the folder through the advanced security properties settings and it still did not allow me to add the .exe corresponding to Halo 5 Forge. There are no options for general application profile to use the dedicated GPU so far as I could see. It seems like if I can add the app profile it should work properly, how can I resolve/work around the permissions barrier?

There should be an option in the general application profile (or at least somewhere in the control panel) to use the dedicated GPU. Strange that it isn’t there.
By the way, virtual super resolution isn’t a good thing to enable if performance is a concern. It’s very taxing.
Also, setting the integrated graphics as default in the BIOS is counterproductive, that more than likely just disables, or at least ignores the dedicated GPU entirely.