Game Modes

I am attempting to compile a list of the unique game modes present in each of the core Halo tiles. If I missed anything please tell me. Note so far I have recorded a total of 27 unique game modes.

Halo CE (5)

• Slayer - CTF - Oddball - KotH - RaceHalo 2 (7)

• Slayer - CTF - Oddball - KotH - Juggernaut - Assault - TerritoriesHalo 3 (9 at launch currently 10)

• Slayer - CTF - Oddball - KotH - Juggernaut - Assault - Territories - VIP - Grifball (Post Launch) - InfectionHalo Reach (14 at launch currently 16 if you count Chess and Haloball)

• Slayer - CTF - Oddball - Assault - KotH - Race - Infection - Grifball - Juggernaut - stockpile - Invasion - Territories - Headhunter - FireFight - Chess (Post Launch) - Haloball (Post Launch)Halo 4 (8 at launch currently 11)

• Slayer - CTF - Oddball - KotH - Grifball - Flood - Regiside - Dominion - Extraction (Post Launch) - Ricochet (Post Launch) - Race (Post Launch)Halo 5 (6 at launch, currently 16 if you count Haloball and Battle Golf)

• Slayer - CTF - Strongholds - Breakout - Assault (Post Launch) - Infection (Post Launch) - Grifball (Post Launch) - Race (Post Launch) - King of the Hill (Post Launch) (Action Sack) - Haloball (Post Launch) (Action Sack) - Oddball (Post Launch) - Battle Golf (Post Launch) (Does this count? well I did count chess and Halo ball so…)

• Warzone - Warzone Assault - Warzone FireFight (Post Launch)

• Ricochet (customs only) (Post Launch)

Halo 3 had infection

> 2533274820807179;2:
> Halo 3 had infection

My bad I thought I had that down. Even counted it in my number total.

> 2533274844984484;3:
> > 2533274820807179;2:
> > Halo 3 had infection
>
>
> My bad I thought I had that down. Even counted it in my number total.

Halo Reach had HaloBall and Chess. They were dev-made but weren’t in the game at the start, you had to download them from the file browser.

Halo Reach also had VIP but I wouldn’t count it since it was modded in.

Also, for Halo 3. Grifball was just an assault variant rather than its own mode.

> 2533274820807179;4:
> > 2533274844984484;3:
> > > 2533274820807179;2:
> > > Halo 3 had infection
> >
> >
> > My bad I thought I had that down. Even counted it in my number total.
>
>
> Halo Reach had HaloBall and Chess. They were dev-made but weren’t in the game at the start, you had to download them from the file browser.
>
> Halo Reach also had VIP but I wouldn’t count it since it was modded in.
>
> Also, for Halo 3. Grifball was just an assault variant rather than its own mode.

as it became its own mode independent of assault later i count it. What was Haloball? was it based off any other game modes? could you play it from the customs menu?

> 2533274844984484;5:
> > 2533274820807179;4:
> > > 2533274844984484;3:
> > > > 2533274820807179;2:
> > > > Halo 3 had infection
> > >
> > >
> > > My bad I thought I had that down. Even counted it in my number total.
> >
> >
> > Halo Reach had HaloBall and Chess. They were dev-made but weren’t in the game at the start, you had to download them from the file browser.
> >
> > Halo Reach also had VIP but I wouldn’t count it since it was modded in.
> >
> > Also, for Halo 3. Grifball was just an assault variant rather than its own mode.
>
>
> as it became its own mode independent of assault later i count it. What was Haloball? was it based off any other game modes? could you play it from the customs menu?

It was in the “Insane” section. It was a game type that allowed players to hit golf balls into goals to score points. It was featured in action sack with the Hockey and Skeeball modes

I thought halo Reach launched with 10 playlists and halo 3 launched with 11. I know for a fact Reach launched with 10, but I’m not 100% certain about halo 3.

> 2535455681930574;7:
> I thought halo Reach launched with 10 playlists and halo 3 launched with 11. I know for a fact Reach launched with 10, but I’m not 100% certain about halo 3.

playlists are different from Game-modes

Updated of Monitors Bounty. Race, KotH and Battle Golf added.
Note Halo 5 now has the second highest number of game-modes.