Game Modes That Must Return In Halo 5!

Halo 4 was missing some game modes that should never have been left out. Game modes too classic to be forgotten, like Juggernaut! Without Juggernaut it’s like it’s not even a Halo game. Nothing offered more fun than Juggernaut 4-player split-screen style. Anyway, here’s a list of the modes that must return in Halo 5.

1. Juggernaut
    It was there in Halo: CE all the way to Reach. That’s reason enough to bring it back.

2. Headhunter
    This mode was super crazy intense. It took le’ skills to even get moderately good scores. Halo 5’s boosters could make this mode even crazier and funtacular.

3. Stockpile
    This was the coolest capture the flag variant ever. You had to protect your own pile of flags while running back and forth to steal from the other team’s pile. This is another one that would be even cooler because of the thruster abilities.

4. Invasion
    I don’t expect this one to return because it kind of requires specific maps, but it still should! It was the first multi-phase objective mode in Halo and it was so much fun. They could at least bring it back as a forge maps only game mode, so us forge people could make rad maps to play it on.

5. Firefight
    Everybody already knows why this must return! 343, please! Pleeeeeaaaase! Uh!

6. Infection AND Flood
    Flood was a cool deal, but it limited the flexibility that infection once had. Infected Spartans could no longer use regular weapons, only Flood-grabby-pincer-hands. This meant that many of my favorite custom games that my bros and I made were no longer a possibility in Halo 4. Either bring back Infection along with Flood, or allow the Flood to wield any weapon like in ye-olden days.

Anyway, that’s all I can think of at the moment. You guys reply and mention some more that I probs forgot.

EVERYBODY COMMENT SO 343 GETS THE MEMO, KNOW WHAT I’M SUPER SAIYEN?

1. Juggernaut- Couldn’t care less

2. Headhunter- YES. And make the skulls helmets instead of skulls.

3. Stockpile- please no I hated it!

4. Invasion- yes my favoritest game type ever!!!

5. Firefight- matchmaking was bad. Make it like ODST and I will love it :slight_smile:

6. Flood- H3 did it perfect. Make it more like H3 than H4 and yes I want it.

If they could make it like Reach infection pre -Yoink- up my life will be complete.

These gametypes seem to go against the MLG-like game-play 343i wants to go for.

• Juggernaut - Game mode is random because you can shoot the Juggernaut for 20 minutes and someone who shot him once can end up getting the kill.- Headhunter - Another random game type because you have to end up breaking away for cover to go for the randomly spawned hill to score skulls and whether you make it or not is based on luck.- Stockpile - I don’t have much of a problem with this one.- Invasion - I’ve had bad experiences with this one, since it’s about camping the hell out of the access points, and spawning with power weapons isn’t my style either. When I played on Reach with my party, literally every match was spawn killing noobs from the only two spawn points on the map. It was very stale.- Firefight - Not my cup of tea when I want to play Halo. I can’t say much about this game mode because I don’t know how the experience the enemies in Halo 5 will be like, but it wasn’t too exciting killing those monotonous AI in Reach.- Infection - Another gametype that doesn’t take much skill, just pop in the head and -Yay!- All you have to do is camp a spot with competent team mates and there’s no problem. Not to mention getting picked as an infected is frustratingly un-fun, especially when you are chosen three times in a rowMost of the is opinion and based off Reach.

Bring back what was removed/ruined: Headhunter, Juggernaut, Assault, Infection, Invasion, etc…

> 2533274931637595;4:
> These gametypes seem to go against the MLG-like game-play 343i wants to go for.
> - Juggernaut - Game mode is random because you can shoot the Juggernaut for 20 minutes and someone who shot him once can end up getting the kill.
> - Headhunter - Another random game type because you have to end up breaking away for cover to go for the randomly spawned hill to score skulls and whether you make it or not is based on luck.
> - Stockpile - I don’t have much of a problem with this one.
> - Invasion - I’ve had bad experiences with this one, since it’s about camping the hell out of the access points, and spawning with power weapons isn’t my style either. When I played on Reach with my party, literally every match was spawn killing noobs from the only two spawn points on the map. It was very stale.
> - Firefight - Not my cup of tea when I want to play Halo. I can’t say much about this game mode because I don’t know how the experience the enemies in Halo 5 will be like, but it wasn’t too exciting killing those monotonous AI in Reach.
> - Infection - Another gametype that doesn’t take much skill, just pop in the head and -Yay!- All you have to do is camp a spot with competent team mates and there’s no problem. Not to mention getting picked as an infected is frustratingly un-fun, especially when you are chosen three times in a row
> Most of the is opinion and based off Reach.

Unfun.

bring back assault (really miss that) and invasion

hopefully they have CTF and CTF one flag

Infection

Juggernaut

Headhunter

Stockpile

Invasion

Firefight

Huskey raid

Dominion

Speed flag

Race

Hivemind

> 2533274931637595;4:
> These gametypes seem to go against the MLG-like game-play 343i wants to go for.
> - Juggernaut - Game mode is random because you can shoot the Juggernaut for 20 minutes and someone who shot him once can end up getting the kill.
> - Headhunter - Another random game type because you have to end up breaking away for cover to go for the randomly spawned hill to score skulls and whether you make it or not is based on luck.
> - Invasion - I’ve had bad experiences with this one, since it’s about camping the hell out of the access points, and spawning with power weapons isn’t my style either. When I played on Reach with my party, literally every match was spawn killing noobs from the only two spawn points on the map. It was very stale.
> - Firefight - Not my cup of tea when I want to play Halo. I can’t say much about this game mode because I don’t know how the experience the enemies in Halo 5 will be like, but it wasn’t too exciting killing those monotonous AI in Reach.
> - Infection - Another gametype that doesn’t take much skill, just pop in the head and -Yay!- All you have to do is camp a spot with competent team mates and there’s no problem. Not to mention getting picked as an infected is frustratingly un-fun, especially when you are chosen three times in a row

Not every mode in Halo is supposed to be fair, which is why Halo is so fun. There are so many ways to play the game, these modes need to come back because they were great fun and they added more replayability to the game. They were in the previous Halo games, so why remove them? That only gives me less reasons to buy the sequel.
Also, those modes are never played in MLG to begin with, and Halo isn’t made for the few people that are into MLG. Rocket Race was by no means a fair mode, but it was a super fun way to play Halo, which is why Halo is such an amazing game. It’s not just an arena shooter.

> 2533274931637595;4:

A fully competetive game will die quickly the same way a fully casual game will. It’s all about balance, and I’m pretty sure that many of these game modes are meant to be casual.

What you said + Assault, Race and every single assymetrical gametype (1 Flag CTF, defender/attacker 1 Bomb Assault).

Halo 5 really needs to blow this out of the park because it was probably the worst thing about Halo 4’s multiplayer- a HUGE step back from Reach’s crazy amount of gametypes

If they have slayer, ctf, assault, invasion, dominion, infection, and breakout I’ll be happy.

I would like to see Ricochet continue on into Halo 5, that was pretty fun to play in Halo 4. Dominion light was really fun as well, I found it much more entertaining than standard dominion.

Four words:
Rocket Race

Action Sack

Definitely bring back Invasion. One of the greatest game types ever. Also there was a game type known as generator defense in the Halo Reach beta. It was a 3 vs 3 Spartan vs. Elites game type. The Spartans would defend two generators and the elites would try to destroy them. Maybe they can bring this game type back with Capture the Flag instead. Also bring back Halo 3 infection. Nothing beats the old fat kid game types.

IMO they should bring back assault. Wouldn’t mind seeing invasion again, but I want elites to be on the same terms as Spartans so elites can actually be made an option in MP. I would like to see generator defense back as well. It was a good game mode, but I’d like them to increase the player count and please bring back action sack to its former glory (pre Reach BS. Hockey was ruined by that update and Dino blasters just sucked). Also, don’t make the flood combat forms mandatory in infection. It really ruined a lot of classic infection Gametypes that were normally reserved to customs. Of course you could opt for that horrifying flood head like H2A.

> 2533274831961512;15:
> IMO they should bring back assault. Wouldn’t mind seeing invasion again, but I want elites to be on the same terms as Spartans so elites can actually be made an option in MP. I would like to see generator defense back as well. It was a good game mode, but I’d like them to increase the player count and please bring back action sack to its former glory (pre Reach BS. Hockey was ruined by that update and Dino blasters just sucked). Also, don’t make the flood combat forms mandatory in infection. It really ruined a lot of classic infection Gametypes that were normally reserved to customs. Of course you could opt for that horrifying flood head like H2A.

You get a high five for Halo 3 style action sack. Greatest Halo playlist of all time!

> 2533274831961512;15:
> IMO they should bring back assault. Wouldn’t mind seeing invasion again, but I want elites to be on the same terms as Spartans so elites can actually be made an option in MP. I would like to see generator defense back as well. It was a good game mode, but I’d like them to increase the player count and please bring back action sack to its former glory (pre Reach BS. Hockey was ruined by that update and Dino blasters just sucked). Also, don’t make the flood combat forms mandatory in infection. It really ruined a lot of classic infection Gametypes that were normally reserved to customs. Of course you could opt for that horrifying flood head like H2A.

Forgot about generator defense that was pretty fun

> 2533274828870610;16:
> > 2533274831961512;15:
> > IMO they should bring back assault. Wouldn’t mind seeing invasion again, but I want elites to be on the same terms as Spartans so elites can actually be made an option in MP. I would like to see generator defense back as well. It was a good game mode, but I’d like them to increase the player count and please bring back action sack to its former glory (pre Reach BS. Hockey was ruined by that update and Dino blasters just sucked). Also, don’t make the flood combat forms mandatory in infection. It really ruined a lot of classic infection Gametypes that were normally reserved to customs. Of course you could opt for that horrifying flood head like H2A.
>
>
> You get a high five for Halo 3 style action sack. Greatest Halo playlist of all time!

internet high fives :smiley:

> 2533274828870610;16:
> > 2533274831961512;15:
> > IMO they should bring back assault. Wouldn’t mind seeing invasion again, but I want elites to be on the same terms as Spartans so elites can actually be made an option in MP. I would like to see generator defense back as well. It was a good game mode, but I’d like them to increase the player count and please bring back action sack to its former glory (pre Reach BS. Hockey was ruined by that update and Dino blasters just sucked). Also, don’t make the flood combat forms mandatory in infection. It really ruined a lot of classic infection Gametypes that were normally reserved to customs. Of course you could opt for that horrifying flood head like H2A.
>
>
> You get a high five for Halo 3 style action sack. Greatest Halo playlist of all time!

Omg
They need to bring that back or a similar non ranked playlist. I just can’t wait for BTB, that would be insannnne!

the fan-favorite and much loved VIP