Game mode with no abilities??

I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?

> 2533274906260756;1:
> I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?

They need a Classic Playlist, but apparently that is too much trouble for them according to the casuals that seem to want Halo to be as toned down as possible.

So…Halo 2?

Luckily, that game already exists!

As someone who has played Halo since 2001, I don’t understand why people want another game that is functionally identical to a previous game. Why do you even need a new game?

> 2533274859657171;2:
> > 2533274906260756;1:
> > I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?
>
>
> They need a Classic Playlist, but apparently that is too much trouble for them according to the casuals that seem to want Halo to be as toned down as possible.

Toned down? Is that a joke? It’s the other way around I love the original trilogy but they are toned down. I got from playing the beta using 4 guns WITHOUT counting power weapons. Having to remember that any ledge can mean someone coming at me, to having to expect someone might thrust and throw off my perfectly placed grenade I threw with my last breath.

To battle rifle the whole match until I get my hands on a power weapon. Knowing all the Gandhi jumpable spots limited routes the enemie can get to me from. Watching Spartans hop around giving them the illusion of moving faster yet swear they are okay with the speeds.

I still play a lot of MCC even tho it’s broken and enjoy the hell out of it but it’s there when I need the fix. I want something new to master, I want more layers so tho there thigs that need polish halo 5 can be a solid MP experience different but solid

> 2533274835305187;4:
> > 2533274859657171;2:
> > > 2533274906260756;1:
> > > I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?
> >
> >
> >
> > They need a Classic Playlist, but apparently that is too much trouble for them according to the casuals that seem to want Halo to be as toned down as possible.
>
>
> Toned down? Is that a joke? It’s the other way around I love the original trilogy but they are toned down. I got from playing the beta using 4 guns WITHOUT counting power weapons. Having to remember that any ledge can mean someone coming at me, to having to expect someone might thrust and throw off my perfectly placed grenade I threw with my last breath.
>
> To battle rifle the whole match until I get my hands on a power weapon. Knowing all the Gandhi jumpable spots limited routes the enemie can get to me from. Watching Spartans hop around giving them the illusion of moving faster yet swear they are okay with the speeds.
>
> I still play a lot of MCC even tho it’s broken and enjoy the hell out of it but it’s there when I need the fix. I want something new to master, I want more layers so tho there thigs that need polish halo 5 can be a solid MP experience different but solid

Halo 5 is toned down. It’s so easy that the CoD kiddies can play it.

I have a 4.4 KDA in Halo 5. In the other Games it’s below 1.0, that’s enough proof for you.

I don’t think it’s possible to remove Sprint, Thruster and Clamber in a playlist, because all jumps work with it…

> 2533274859657171;5:
> > 2533274835305187;4:
> > > 2533274859657171;2:
> > > > 2533274906260756;1:
> > > > I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > They need a Classic Playlist, but apparently that is too much trouble for them according to the casuals that seem to want Halo to be as toned down as possible.
> >
> >
> >
> > Toned down? Is that a joke? It’s the other way around I love the original trilogy but they are toned down. I got from playing the beta using 4 guns WITHOUT counting power weapons. Having to remember that any ledge can mean someone coming at me, to having to expect someone might thrust and throw off my perfectly placed grenade I threw with my last breath.
> >
> > To battle rifle the whole match until I get my hands on a power weapon. Knowing all the Gandhi jumpable spots limited routes the enemie can get to me from. Watching Spartans hop around giving them the illusion of moving faster yet swear they are okay with the speeds.
> >
> > I still play a lot of MCC even tho it’s broken and enjoy the hell out of it but it’s there when I need the fix. I want something new to master, I want more layers so tho there thigs that need polish halo 5 can be a solid MP experience different but solid
>
>
> Halo 5 is toned down. It’s so easy that the CoD kiddies can play it.
>
> I have a 4.4 KDA in Halo 5. In the other Games it’s below 1.0, that’s enough proof for you.

I usually have a lil over 1.0 kd. Halo 5 I think it’s a lil over 4 as well. Game is a spray and pray with the fast -Yoink- kill times. Also the fact my CoD/Bf friends love this Halo and not the other ones is all the proof I need to show this game is 4 teh newbz.

> 2533274820771294;7:
> > 2533274859657171;5:
> > > 2533274835305187;4:
> > > > 2533274859657171;2:
> > > > > 2533274906260756;1:
> > > > > I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > They need a Classic Playlist, but apparently that is too much trouble for them according to the casuals that seem to want Halo to be as toned down as possible.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Toned down? Is that a joke? It’s the other way around I love the original trilogy but they are toned down. I got from playing the beta using 4 guns WITHOUT counting power weapons. Having to remember that any ledge can mean someone coming at me, to having to expect someone might thrust and throw off my perfectly placed grenade I threw with my last breath.
> > >
> > > To battle rifle the whole match until I get my hands on a power weapon. Knowing all the Gandhi jumpable spots limited routes the enemie can get to me from. Watching Spartans hop around giving them the illusion of moving faster yet swear they are okay with the speeds.
> > >
> > > I still play a lot of MCC even tho it’s broken and enjoy the hell out of it but it’s there when I need the fix. I want something new to master, I want more layers so tho there thigs that need polish halo 5 can be a solid MP experience different but solid
> >
> >
> >
> > Halo 5 is toned down. It’s so easy that the CoD kiddies can play it.
> >
> > I have a 4.4 KDA in Halo 5. In the other Games it’s below 1.0, that’s enough proof for you.
>
>
> I usually have a lil over 1.0 kd. Halo 5 I think it’s a lil over 4 as well. Game is a spray and pray with the fast -Yoink- kill times. Also the fact my CoD/Bf friends love this Halo and not the other ones is all the proof I need to show this game is 4 teh newbz.

But a KD over 4 means that your a lot better than your opponents. Isn’t that a high skill gap?

KDA is different from KDR. KDA is how mosapit you go each game KDR is your total kills devided by total deaths. A 1 KDR in MCC doesnt relate to a 4.4 KDA

There is also totaly a skill gap. I watched halo pro mikwen go +35 kills and sub 10 deaths multiple games in a row. He was owning noobs.

> 2533274859657171;5:
> > 2533274835305187;4:
> > > 2533274859657171;2:
> > > > 2533274906260756;1:
> > > > I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > They need a Classic Playlist, but apparently that is too much trouble for them according to the casuals that seem to want Halo to be as toned down as possible.
> >
> >
> >
> > Toned down? Is that a joke? It’s the other way around I love the original trilogy but they are toned down. I got from playing the beta using 4 guns WITHOUT counting power weapons. Having to remember that any ledge can mean someone coming at me, to having to expect someone might thrust and throw off my perfectly placed grenade I threw with my last breath.
> >
> > To battle rifle the whole match until I get my hands on a power weapon. Knowing all the Gandhi jumpable spots limited routes the enemie can get to me from. Watching Spartans hop around giving them the illusion of moving faster yet swear they are okay with the speeds.
> >
> > I still play a lot of MCC even tho it’s broken and enjoy the hell out of it but it’s there when I need the fix. I want something new to master, I want more layers so tho there thigs that need polish halo 5 can be a solid MP experience different but solid
>
>
> Halo 5 is toned down. It’s so easy that the CoD kiddies can play it.
>
> I have a 4.4 KDA in Halo 5. In the other Games it’s below 1.0, that’s enough proof for you.

proof…except the old halos gave you your KD. where as halo 5 give you your KDA.

KD - KILLS TO DEATH RATIO
KDA - KILLS TO DEATH TO ASSISTS RATIO

your KDA is no doubt going to be much higher than your KD, if you worked out your halo 5 KD you’d probably find it similar to your 1.0 KD on previous halos.

so easy is it…

> 2533274935834633;3:
> So…Halo 2?
>
> Luckily, that game already exists!
>
> As someone who has played Halo since 2001, I don’t understand why people want another game that is functionally identical to a previous game. Why do you even need a new game?

The ignorance is strong in this post.

> 2533274935834633;3:
> So…Halo 2?
>
>
> As someone who has played Halo since 2001, I don’t understand why people want another game that is functionally identical to a previous game. Why do you even need a new game?

As someone that hosted a lot of lan parties (for Halo 2 Xbox) and played Halo 2 vista back in the day I can say that play any match and any game mode was crazy fun. I will say this however I do enjoy Halo 5 MP I find myself in love with Breakout!! I just want a wider variety in game play and if abilities are so tied in than it would do them some good to show us a gametype without armor abilities as to shake things up a bit

> 2533274834430951;10:
> > 2533274859657171;5:
> > > 2533274835305187;4:
> > > > 2533274859657171;2:
> > > > > 2533274906260756;1:
> > > > > I am not saying remove all the abilities or “I won’t buy it” I am just saying have a game mode or two without abilities. I mean if you wanna bring realism to the table (I know its Sci-fi) modern military train for every situation, I would imagine that Spartans would need to train with the likelihood that a Spartans abilities could be disabled. Any thoughts on this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > They need a Classic Playlist, but apparently that is too much trouble for them according to the casuals that seem to want Halo to be as toned down as possible.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Toned down? Is that a joke? It’s the other way around I love the original trilogy but they are toned down. I got from playing the beta using 4 guns WITHOUT counting power weapons. Having to remember that any ledge can mean someone coming at me, to having to expect someone might thrust and throw off my perfectly placed grenade I threw with my last breath.
> > >
> > > To battle rifle the whole match until I get my hands on a power weapon. Knowing all the Gandhi jumpable spots limited routes the enemie can get to me from. Watching Spartans hop around giving them the illusion of moving faster yet swear they are okay with the speeds.
> > >
> > > I still play a lot of MCC even tho it’s broken and enjoy the hell out of it but it’s there when I need the fix. I want something new to master, I want more layers so tho there thigs that need polish halo 5 can be a solid MP experience different but solid
> >
> >
> >
> > Halo 5 is toned down. It’s so easy that the CoD kiddies can play it.
> >
> > I have a 4.4 KDA in Halo 5. In the other Games it’s below 1.0, that’s enough proof for you.
>
>
> proof…except the old halos gave you your KD. where as halo 5 give you your KDA.
>
> KD - KILLS TO DEATH RATIO
> KDA - KILLS TO DEATH TO ASSISTS RATIO
>
> your KDA is no doubt going to be much higher than your KD, if you worked out your halo 5 KD you’d probably find it similar to your 1.0 KD on previous halos.
>
> so easy is it…

Yeah, because my KD is still better in Halo 5 than in the others.

Well for me currently the K/D ratio is worse in Halo 5 than in previous Halos, what does this say?

> 2533274935834633;3:
> So…Halo 2?
>
>

I fail to see how Halo 2 is the only Halo game with no gimmicky abilities. Halo CE and Halo 3 also come to mind…

> 2535460843083983;15:
> > 2533274935834633;3:
> > So…Halo 2?
> >
> > Luckily, that game already exists!
> >
> > As someone who has played Halo since 2001, I don’t understand why people want another game that is functionally identical to a previous game. Why do you even need a new game?
>
>
> I fail to see how Halo 2 is the only Halo game with no gimmicky abilities. Halo CE and Halo 3 also come to mind…

You mean Overshield and so on? Well they only last for a few Seconds or Minutes, not all the Time, thats the point.

Me personally have nothing against the Abilities, especially sprint you can go faster from Point to Point, useful in Strongholds. Ground Pound can be difficult to achieve, you need to be fast and have luck to hit your moving target

> 2535460843083983;15:
> > 2533274935834633;3:
> > So…Halo 2?
> >
> >
> > As someone who has played Halo since 2001, I don’t understand why people want another game that is functionally identical to a previous game. Why do you even need a new game?
>
>
> I fail to see how Halo 2 is the only Halo game with no gimmicky abilities. Halo CE and Halo 3 also come to mind…

I fail to see what you’re trying to say. We have three games with almost identical core gameplay. That’s why we need yet another game carved from the same tree?

> 2533274963840114;17:
> > 2535460843083983;15:
> > > 2533274935834633;3:
> > > So…Halo 2?
> > >
> > > Luckily, that game already exists!
> > >
> > > As someone who has played Halo since 2001, I don’t understand why people want another game that is functionally identical to a previous game. Why do you even need a new game?
> >
> >
> >
> > I fail to see how Halo 2 is the only Halo game with no gimmicky abilities. Halo CE and Halo 3 also come to mind…
>
>
> I fail to see what you’re trying to say. We have three games with almost identical core gameplay. That’s why we need yet another game carved from the same tree?

Well from the way the community and MP population has pretty much died after Halo 3 the only logical way to fix this is to return to the Original Halo style gameplay. Those 3 games did amazing and with the devs trying to “modernize” Halo they have ruined the halo experience and that is why there is so much hate. Go back to the drawing boards 343 look at what worked build on that.

> 2533274935834633;3:
> So…Halo 2?
>
>

Guess that rules out team slayer, lone wolves, BTB, team objective, snipers, infection, grifball etc etc. We wouldn’t want anything from a previous game now would we.

> 2533274800673873;19:
> > 2533274935834633;3:
> > So…Halo 2?
> >
> >
>
>
> Guess that rules out team slayer, lone wolves, BTB, team objective, snipers, infection, grifball etc etc. We wouldn’t want anything from a previous game now would we.

This thread is talking about basic game mechanics, the one aspect of the game you spend most of your time playing the game with. Basic gameplay and functions that make up the things you can do with the playable character. You know full well (I hope) that different game modes have nothing to do with that.

If that aspect, the “feel” of the game is exactly the same across multiple titles, you start feeling like you’re playing the same game. What will you do then? You pick your favorite and ignore the others. The series starts competing with itself. And what happens to your motivation to buy the next installment when you know it’s going to be more of the same?

I consider sticking to what works and never trying anything different as lazy game design, it’s literarry the easiest thing to do: do nothing.