Game is shutting off by itself

Happened after I just updated it. Loads a level in campaign then sends me to Xbox home screen. Hard reset not working. Anybody else have this issue? So annoying.

Update: Been on phone with Xbox support for an hour. Had me delete my gamertag and a few other things. No luck. Now they are having me factory restore the console itself (lame) and is now reinstalling Halo 5. Will keep updated.

[deleted]

Same problem here…so frustrating

yup me too, only Multiplayer works

Update: After a factory reset (which deletes your games off console even but don’t worry game progress was saved through the cloud) and then reinstalling Halo, it launched, loaded level from current checkpoint, then kicked me to home screen. Then myself and the support guy got an idea, just restart that mission. It worked. All is well now. Must of been a glitch from when I saved last time which was BEFORE this update today to resuming said saved point now. Idk.

That said, may have to uninstall and reinstall still.

Weird.

Same problem for me. I managed to complete half of Enemy Lines from a save I was using before todays update and when I got to the end of the mission, it started crashing to the dashboard. Now stuck at the end of that mission because it keeps crashing and I cant get past it. Tried re-installing to no avail.

> 2533274837080548;7:
> Same problem for me. I managed to complete half of Enemy Lines from a save I was using before todays update and when I got to the end of the mission, it started crashing to the dashboard. Now stuck at the end of that mission because it keeps crashing and I cant get past it. Tried re-installing to no avail.

Try restarting that mission, annoying I know, but read above and see it worked for me.

> 2533274857164864;8:
> > 2533274837080548;7:
> > Same problem for me. I managed to complete half of Enemy Lines from a save I was using before todays update and when I got to the end of the mission, it started crashing to the dashboard. Now stuck at the end of that mission because it keeps crashing and I cant get past it. Tried re-installing to no avail.
>
>
> Try restarting that mission, annoying I know, but read above and see it worked for me.

Ok, I’ll try that. Its typical that this had to happen on my Legendary playthrough!

yup happening to me too. I tried restarting from the beginning of the chapter and it kept on crashing about the same point where I died at the first time. Waiting on the reinstall of the game now… I’m not going to delete my entire library to fix though. I’ll probably just wait for another patch.

> 2535408143458140;10:
> yup happening to me too. I tried restarting from the beginning of the chapter and it kept on crashing about the same point where I died at the first time. Waiting on the reinstall of the game now… I’m not going to delete my entire library to fix though. I’ll probably just wait for another patch.

Interesting. Any error codes popping up?

Did everything I mentioned above and now the game is flawless, though it took almost 2 hours on the phone with an Xbox support rep. Course now I have to reinstall the other games I had, and reconnect my auto turn-on for the TV and soundbar system.

Same here. What trash. Selling game to get fallout 4. Sorry 343.

> 2533274837080548;9:
> > 2533274857164864;8:
> > > 2533274837080548;7:
> > > Same problem for me. I managed to complete half of Enemy Lines from a save I was using before todays update and when I got to the end of the mission, it started crashing to the dashboard. Now stuck at the end of that mission because it keeps crashing and I cant get past it. Tried re-installing to no avail.
> >
> >
> > Try restarting that mission, annoying I know, but read above and see it worked for me.
>
>
> Ok, I’ll try that. Its typical that this had to happen on my Legendary playthrough!

I feel your pain man! I was doing Legendary run as well. Regretfully, I did the mission restart twice already, but as soon as I died, I got kicked to the Xbox Home instead of re-spawning at the last saved checkpoint. So I suspect the issue is tied to the game not being able to properly load last saved checkpoints! I hope 343 can patch this soon!

I experienced the same problem. Playing on Heroic, my character died and I was booted out of the game. I powered down and restarted. When the Xbox came back up, I tried to resume but was booted out again. So next time I used Load to reload my game file from yesterday and that worked, until I died and got booted out the game.

So, to test if this problem exists from a new game post update, I started a new game on heroic and allowed my character to die. I was not booted out of the game. The game behaved normally and sent me back to my last checkpoint.

Same here, it seems to crash on the mission that was being played just before the update, others do you agree?
Hey if you have to restart a mission, that’s a bummer, I’m playing on ledendary and its enough frustration without doing it all over again!!!

i need help! the game is acting like i never installed the update. i can only play campaign. halo wont sync to my gamer tag or my second account. makes me play offline. i cant look at any friends stats. error messages says there’s a problem with xbox live party service. read that someone fixed their problem by removing their account and adding it back on. i tried that and my dash is all weird. acts like im not signed in but i am. Went to a friends house and hopped on my gt after adding it to his xbone and everything worked fine. even played a couple games.

is there another way to reinstall the update?

Same problem here. Campaign, solo, Legendary. game tries to load saved game, after loads, before game starts it quits to xbox home screen. IF i get it to load, same thing happens if i die. Tries to load save and back to home screen. THIS ALL STARTED AFTER THE UPDATE TODAY.

Crashing half way through Enemy Lines happen after the update

Same problem here guys.Mine crashes on chapter 14.We really need a patch quickly.