Game is getting a wipe?

I keep hearing people say that the game is getting a wipe on 12/12 is this true? And what’s going to be getting wiped exactly.

First I’m hearing of it, and I’m on here and Reddit like every day.

3 Likes

Maybe it was just a rumor going around

I doubt any kind of wipe is gonna happen. 343i would piss a lot of people off if they just wiped everyone’s progress in the battle pass or with the ultimate challenges, especially the ones who spent the money to get all the tiers of the battle pass.

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything about it. I’m pretty sure they’ve verified that season 1 is in progress and nothing is changing when we switch to full release.

Never heard anything like this. Progress carries over to the full release on 8th, and with that in mind, I have no reason to believe there will be a wipe.

Progress will carry over from beta to full release.

However, it might not if you got Campaign early? :thinking:

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

1 Like

If 343 does a wipe and ruins people progression, battlepass, and money spent people will personally seek a refund for everything and if they don’t refund I anticipate seeing a class action lawsuit on the grounds of fraudulent advertising, theft, larceny, you name it

That would be the wrong thing to do to people on soooooooooooo many levels.

343 said that progress would carry over so doubt it

2 Likes

Isn’t the game coming out on the 8th? 12/12 would mean it wipes everyone’s progress 4 days after official launch.

That…that’d be horrific.

Maybe they’ll wipe player stats before they make stats visible again?

Only kind of wipe that i see happening is a Rank Reset, which I think should only happen after they get their rank system working properly, the issues aren’t too bad but I’m seeing alot of people in ranks they shouldn’t be in.

1 Like

No worries.

If they wipe anything it would be stats, and theater vids, bookmarks, custom games, game history. Seeing as there are no stats linked to Waypoint and this is a “Beta”, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Nobody will be losing BP or store items.

This, Ranked needs an overhaul. stats and current rank should be reset on launch.

pretty sure they have mentioned theatres getting a wipe on release day.

1 Like

There will be no wipe.

Yes, indeed:

“When Halo Infinite officially launches on December 8th, saved films created before then will no longer be viewable.”

ttps://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410503691796-Halo-Infinite-Multiplayer-Beta-Known-Issues

Also:

“Your progress, cosmetics, unlocks, and multiplayer stats will all carry-over when Halo Infinite officially launches on December 8.”

ttps://www.halowaypoint.com/news/welcome-to-the-halo-infinite-mp-beta

Not heard about any wipe