Game feels great! Maps not so...

Heyo! making this post just to quelch some fears I have for the game.

First I’d like to state that the game looks absolutely fantastic. A bit bummed about them not using the shield glaring when being shot at during games (it’s not at all as exaggerated as they showed in the trailer). That coupled with leaving red vs blue is the only visual complaint I have.
The game looks absolutely fantastic.
Guns are really cool and feel solid! The BR is as awesome as h3’s. Muchos love for it!

Now to get to the scary thought.
Did anyone find the 3 maps we got to play kinda… really boring?
Out of the 3 live fire is my favorite, but compared to the legendary maps of h2/3 I PERSONALLY haven’t had anywhere near the amount of fun I had on the old godlike maps.

I haven’t concluded my personal feelings towards the maps and I will continue to keep an open mind as we get to play more stuff as this is 1. a technical preview. and 2. only against bots.

Those bots tho, damn me if they werent the best bots I’ve ever seen in a FPS game. Holy moly good job on that 343.

Reason for this post is just to settle some negative feelings towards the maps, and I will definitely support this game. I just want to personally think it’s the best game it can be, the way I looked at h2/h3.

What do you think?

I found live fire and recharge pretty boring, just too small for my liking. I like bigger maps better.

I’m kind of off putted by the maps. It seemed way too campy.

playing Bazaar when PvP came out it was just the other team camping behind corners of antena. Overall not a good experience but hopefully this won’t be super prevalent when the game comes out.

I think you might be the first person I’ve found who’s upset about getting to actually see there spartan

I didn’t hate the maps but I agree they came off as a little boring. Granted, we were playing the same maps over and over again and the bots’ gameplay was a bit repetitive too. Every single match they ran to the exact same spot from spawn. So while they felt boring here, I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since real people will play very different from bots and we won’t be playing the same 3 maps on repeat to this degree.

I didn’t get to play PVP because Europe but I feel like the maps are fantastic and will lend themselves really well to various gametypes.

I hate how much clambering is encouraged on Recharge and Bazaar. I don’t mind clambering on its own, but I hate when I have to do it to get from point A to point B. I would prefer a ramp or grav lift. Going though the animation over and over again gets a little annoying.

I think these maps are the best maps we have had for a long time. They have soul and identity. Most importantly they okay extremely well. This feel like more classic naps with mature tones…

> 2533274814550076;7:
> I hate how much clambering is encouraged on Recharge and Bazaar. I don’t mind clambering on its own, but I hate when I have to do it to get from point A to point B. I would prefer a ramp or grav lift. Going though the animation over and over again gets a little annoying.

Absolutely. It just slows down the gameplay and makes you really vulnerable. Sure, don’t clamber when there is an enemy nearby…Well, I would if the radar even showed them on the map and even then, you need to clamber to get literally anywhere on those maps. An easy fix would be to just increase the jump height.

I liked Recharge, probably the best map 343 have put out imo. Not super keen on bazaar though and live fire whilst fun is a little uninspired. If the rest of the maps follow this quality with only 1 in 3 being bad I think we’ll be in for a good time though that likely isn’t the case.

IMO Live Fire looks incredibly generic, more like a community map rather than an official one. The other two maps are very good, as both look great and provide unique gameplay. But Live Fire needs more identity, everything seems so empty. It plays good though.

> 2533274880402539;11:
> IMO Live Fire looks incredibly generic, more like a community map rather than an official one. The other two maps are very good, as both look great and provide unique gameplay. But Live Fire needs more identity, everything seems so empty. It plays good though.

Live Fire for me has an absurd amount of identity. It literally feels design specifically for a Spartan training ground.

One thing I’ve noticed is the maps are too small not sure if this has to do with sprint but engagement are happening every second with no breathing room. I like action but even even I think it’s a bit much. I love bazaar so i overlook it but overcharge and livefire suffer from this.

Bazaar > Recharge > Live Fire

I think Live Fire plays the worst. You’ll be standing in the middle lane and thinking “ooh are they gonna be coming from that side? Or that side?” Drop wall is the only equipment available, it just feels too stale.