Game Crashes When Changing Keybinds

As the title says, when trying to change the movement keybinds on kbm it crashes the game.

edit: also I just noticed that it only kicks me on the movement keybinds
edit2: also noticed that it affects your push to talk

I have the same issues right now. I can’t as well reset by default the key binding option for keyboard & mouse. When i send my input into the console the game totally crash. I send a ticket from the technical team.

Experiencing this too! Sometimes i get away with a few binds before the application closes immediately to desktop.

I’ve experienced this issue, but it only seems to happen when I try to bind Mouse4 (which defaults to working as a “back” button on my setup).

Anyone made a propper bug report on this?

Yeah i just did one.

What is correct way to report a bug?? I couldn’t find it. Also, I just noticed that it is only when I change the movement binds.

I experienced this same crash, but only for my Move Forward and Move Backward buttons. Move Left and Right and all the other keybinds I tried (except Scoreboard) were fine and the game accepted new keybinds. But Forward and Back (and Scoreboard) would crash the game 100% of the time. And somehow I actually managed to completely unbind my Move Backward button in the process. And on top of all that, the “Press F to Reset to Defaults” does nothing. So I was stuck with my keybinds all messed up from trying to diagnose the problem and one of my four movement buttons missing. Until…

I found a way to force reset all the control configs to default by exiting the game and deleting the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MGS Test App 6\saves

Beware, I don’t know what other files may be in there for you, but for me the only thing in there seemed to be a couple tiny config files, including the one for keybinds. When I launched the game, it re-made this folder and fixed the missing keybinds (and reset all the others) so I could actually play the game properly (and finally move backwards again).

• Footnote 1: I submitted a formal help ticket for this. - Footnote 2: The correct way to submit a help ticket is through Insider Support. They advise you to check the knowledge base first for your problem. (I did and there was nothing at the time for this bug.) You can find a link for submitting a help ticket at the bottom of this page: https://insidersupport.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403344734612-Known-Issues-Halo-Infinite-Technical-Preview-Flight - Footnote 3: I think there will also be a way to report bugs after the flight has concluded when some sort of survey link will be sent to Insiders who participated in the Flight.

I’m having this issue too. The game crashes for me when I try to rebind push-to-talk or the scoreboard. And trying to reset to default just crashes the game.

For some stupid reason, the keybind for the scoreboard (Tab) became unbound and the game crashes when I try to rebind it to any key. It’s really annoying not being able to check my score anymore. Resetting to default simply does not do anything.

> 2535414030186814;10:
> For some stupid reason, the keybind for the scoreboard (Tab) became unbound and the game crashes when I try to rebind it to any key. It’s really annoying not being able to check my score anymore. Resetting to default simply does not do anything.

Same exact problem. It’s infuriating. Also happened with push to talk key

My keybinds never save even midgame theyll change after a match

Heard some people were having that issue to, I’m on controller so it hasn’t happened to me. Hopefully it’ll be fixed by launch!

Been trying to change my push to talk key for the last three days. AND IT JUST KEEPS CRASHING! Wish they had push to talk allocated to a button on controller as well, like it is on MCC. Love a bit of trash talking.

If you are encountering issues during the flight, please refer to the known issues list on https://aka.ms/HaloSupportInsider and submit tickets for issues not present.

For general feedback that is not a bug or issue, feel free to use the pinned feedback threads at the top of the Halo Infinite forums
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics