Game Chat Only for Certain Game Types?

Here’s an opinion that I have about Halo games (as of late) and about social gaming in general.

Does anyone remember jumping into matchmaking in Halo 3 and getting matched with people that you have never met? Having to talk to your teammates to accomplish things and even having some pregame and post game trash talk with enemies? I know things have changed since then. That was back in the 360 era and party chat was barely a thing when H3 launched (just private chat back then I think. that was just between two people if no one remembers). Even though we have the wonderful party chat, Halo matchmaking, and social gaming in general, has lost its luster!

Now, it makes no difference who you are fighting against. You have no idea who they are. You will never talk to them, beyond sending them a game clip of how you kicked their -Yoinks!-. I want a game to bring that feeling back. COD 4 and MW2 had it. Complete trash talk in the pregame lobby and then bragging in the post game. Knowing who you were fighting when you were shooting at them.

My solution for this problem, making some social playlists to be GAME CHAT ONLY. Honestly, people playing in social playlists want to have that kind of interaction with people. They are in those playlists to have fun with other Halo lovers and maybe even make some friends. This not only allows that to happen, but also makes for better game play.

Let me know what you guys think. I think this is a must to make a stable Halo community again.

Years and years ago ( a decade actually ) everyone used to talk in game hat because it existed only the Private Chat for 2 people, so everyone talk in game chat.
Groups elevated xbox live to a real social and more global level, but of course killed game chat.
When I play I rarely use the mic, even if I’m playing with someone I know, but it could be cool to hear people scream orders and just say stupid things like once

I think you have some other problems going on if you’re sending game clips to random people to show how you beat them. I wouldn’t mind game chat coming back as long as there’s a good mute button.

I find it rather obnoxious when games force you into game chat. If someone doesn’t want to talk on game chat, they will either not play or mute everyone. Forcing it on everyone would probably do more harm than good, especially in social playlists.

There’s a reason why it’s not around right now. More people hated it than liked it.

I certainly remember that, I also remember using the mute button every other game because people are annoying/loud/violent/racist/anything else. People built YouTube channels around this idea.

People generally go to parties to avoid talking with random people. Even if you try to restrict that, people will just go to Skype or Discord and talk there.

No thanks. You can’t force people to interact if they don’t want to. If I want to play a playlist that requires me to leave party chat, I either won’t play that playlist or I will just unplug my mic

Alright, maybe just one “social” playlist that requires game chat. Just so you can meet like-minded Halo players that enjoy objective-based games. And yeah, I don’t shy away from sending an amazing game clip to someone I just owned. sue me.

I just put this out there because over the years of playing Halo 5 in warzone and slayer, I only found one or two groups of guys who were talking in game chat and communicated efficiently about the objectives. I think there are more people out there who would, they just don’t the others exist. Just want better teammates and more lively games!

> 2533274817390757;1:
> Let me know what you guys think. I think this is a must to make a stable Halo community again.

No, it’s not a must to make a stable Halo community again. On the rare time you got a bit of banter game chat was fine. However, the majority of it was kids screaming, players eating chips and slurping drinks, many were being racist, homophobic, sexist and using every other anti social slur you can think of.

If it comes back you’re welcome to it, I’m always tolerant to the wishes of my fellow gamers, but I will mute the lobby if I’m not in a party, I don’t think it will ever return, it brought out the worst in the community imo.

As for having to sue you for sending me clips ? No I would report you for spam and harassment to Xbox Live if you sent me unwated clips and or messages, I would hope they give the appropriate penalty too.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2592250499819446;8:
> > 2533274817390757;1:
> > Let me know what you guys think. I think this is a must to make a stable Halo community again.
>
> As for having to sue you for sending me clips ? No I would report you for spam and harassment to Xbox Live if you sent me unwated clips and or messages, I would hope they give the appropriate penalty too.

I don’t think I could find a better example of someone being triggered by a comment on a forum. Suing me was a joke obviously. You can’t sue someone for that. If your xbox live account is not private, then I can send you messages and game clips. You are open to any communication from other individuals. It isn’t spam or harassment and it is a weak mindset to have if you think that.
I was playing MW2 last night with some friends and there was a guy on the other team that kept killing me. Relentlessly. It’s like I couldn’t get away from this guy. After the game was over, he sent me a message and said “Who’s your daddy”. Its not spam or harassment. I am a mature person and can handle a little bit of trash talk. The guy had a better game then I did. It sucked that he killed me so many times, but I’m not an eight year old…I got over it.
Getting mad or feeling “harassed” about someone sending you a message post-game is childish. GROW UP.

You would be wrong. Sometimes (most of the times) I want to hop on and just wind down and relax. And if it’s social I’m not there to try and win just play the game

> 2533274817390757;9:
> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
>
>
>
>
> > 2592250499819446;8:
> > > 2533274817390757;1:
> > > Let me know what you guys think. I think this is a must to make a stable Halo community again.
> >
> > As for having to sue you for sending me clips ? No I would report you for spam and harassment to Xbox Live if you sent me unwated clips and or messages, I would hope they give the appropriate penalty too.
>
> I don’t think I could find a better example of someone being triggered by a comment on a forum. Suing me was a joke obviously. You can’t sue someone for that. If your xbox live account is not private, then I can send you messages and game clips. You are open to any communication from other individuals. It isn’t spam or harassment and it is a weak mindset to have if you think that.
> I was playing MW2 last night with some friends and there was a guy on the other team that kept killing me. Relentlessly. It’s like I couldn’t get away from this guy. After the game was over, he sent me a message and said “Who’s your daddy”. Its not spam or harassment. I am a mature person and can handle a little bit of trash talk. The guy had a better game then I did. It sucked that he killed me so many times, but I’m not an eight year old…I got over it.
> Getting mad or feeling “harassed” about someone sending you a message post-game is childish. GROW UP.
>

Unwanted messages are spam, to continue with them is harassing. I would report you. I have my account set to public for players to invite me to games or friends to contact me about sessions etc. My profile being public is NOT an open invitation for abuse, taunts or harassment. I hope that game chat it is never introduced again without the option to avoid it. Like I stated, it brought out the worst in the community imo.