Game changes when you hit Level 130

Hit 130 last weekend. Never used double XP or the Pioneer skill. Almost all my games are War Games and I didn’t go out of my way to do the challenges that weren’t appealing. I hit the daily XP cap 3-4 times max.

But why have an XP ranking system like Reach when you max out so fast in Halo 4? Striving for commendations don’t matter any more and neither do challenges. In Reach it took forever to hit the Inheritor rank and that was with doing all challenges, hitting the XP cap, etc. Hell, winning games isn’t that important as long as I play well b/c I can’t use the extra XP bonus.

I suppose I can focus on K/D and I’m looking forward to the skill ranking system in January but when so much of what you do is tied to XP it really changes things when you hit 130.

It’s unlikely 343 will release new ranks and if that’s the case the shelf life for Halo 4 will be a lot shorter for me.

I have not made it to that rank yet, but I agree, there should be more higher rankings or stars or something to signify passing that mark.

Im almost maxed out as well, and i know ill be feeling the same, i wish we could get some info as to if they r gonna raise the cap and when

the commedations give XP yes but its more for completion. You have the 1-50 to look forward to if rank is what gets your fix. When i hit 130 the only thought i will have is “finally i can play without worrying about ranking up” ill feel much more relaxed.

You should play games a little more calm, you have over 1500 war games in a month, isn’t it too much? XD

They need to stop giving me Xp for losing matches…

> They need to stop giving me Xp for losing matches…

Define losing though. If I’m a random on a team and I do well but my teammates suck then I shouldn’t be penalized. I think XP should be allocated based on your performance/ranking in the game, factor in K/D, etc.

Just play the game for the fun of it. People need to stop prioritising ranking up higher than having fun.

> You have the 1-50 to look forward to if rank is what gets your fix.

It’s hardly my fix. My K/D is a paltry 1.34 but at least skill ranking will give me something to strive for since XP ranking no longer applies to me.

It’s just a little annoying to see these XP award notices pop on my screen when I complete a challenge or commendation and know that they never got applied.

> Just play the game for the fun of it. People need to stop prioritising ranking up higher than having fun.

I doubt you’d get to 130 if the game isn’t fun. But XP ranking is a core dimension of the game, it’s tied to challenges, commendations, game completions, wins vs. losses, etc. If that’s the case then it should have taken a lot longer or be more difficult to hit the cap.

Just play for fun or fill up the commendations

Sure its tedious but its challenging

Im woring on my lightrifle atm and its hard as hell going up against DMRs but its challenging and alil fun atleast

People need to relax on the ranks and just wait till january. Then things will get heated. Work on your skill and aim. What else will they do once they get new ranks I don’t know. All I can hope for is that they release about 5-10 new specilizations that you have to get up in rank by K/D or getting certain commendations up to master.

I’m at SR130 and the game is the same for me, then again I was playing for fun and that hasn’t changed. I’ll keep playing because I enjoy Halo, if they do or don’t add more ranks I’ll play it all the same.

343 knows it’s much a more competitive market. I don’t think they tried to create an XP system with as big an investment as Reach. They wanted to draw the more casual players in with an achievable goal, and I think SR130 does just that. It’s a decent incentive for them.

For the hardcore players though, an XP rank really should not matter. It’s about the love of the game. Hopefully the so-called “Competitive” Skill Rank introduced next year will add some replayability to the game in terms of, well, rewarding the players’ skill. Hell, I would even settle for just an Arena 2.0…