Game Breaking Forge Bug!

I love Forge. Always have. I was a little dissapointed to learn that Forge was not shipping with Halo 5, but trusted 343 when they said they needed more time to make sure it was right.

Unfortunetly, they didn’t take enough time, because two days after the Cartographer’s Gift launched (Friday December 18), I was struck with a game ruining glitch that effectively and indefinitely ended my Forging.

Here’s what happened as best as I remember it: A friend and I were both forging on a map hosted by him, that we’d been working on for about 4 hours straight. We were putting the final touches on the map, where I was working on the cameras and animation zones. I had a camera and animation zone selected and attempted to group them together, only for the two pieces to completely wiz out and start floating around randomly. On my friends screen, the entire map exploded, killing him. From that instant onward, I am no longer able to select grouped items, or create groups without the same glitch occurring. Also, another glitch occurred at the same time where I cannot move objects at normal speed, even when in normal movement mode. I can only move at boost speed or at precision speed.

Unfortunately, both of these glitches seem to be permanent, as no amount of quitting and re-entering Forge, nor shutting down my console entirely will fix the glitch.

EDIT: As of Monday the 21st, the grouping glitch has fixed itself, but the movement bug has not. I can still only move things at precision speed.

EDIT: As of July 2016, I have found the problem and fixed it.

HOW TO FIX

Turns out there are movement snaps like there are rotation snaps, so all this time I just had on a movement snap. To turn off the snap on either movement or rotation, hold down the respective trigger and use left/right on the D-pad to change the snap degree. I found this fix buried in another thread and wanted to make it more accessible here.

It is the same for me, I am very frustrated because presicion is too slow, and boost is too hard to control.
I hope they fix this soon

There is an easy way to fix this but off hand I can’t remember. I had the same problem when I first played forge and thought the movement was -Yoink-, really slow unless boosting. Sorry I know this isn’t helpful but it’s something to do with movement increments… hope you can find it :slight_smile:

Dose anybody now how to around a forge glitch were objects aren’t showing. I try to copy a object but then nothing shows and when i move something it go invisible. please anybody can help me that would be grate.

> 2533274822513569;4:
> Dose anybody now how to around a forge glitch were objects aren’t showing. I try to copy a object but then nothing shows and when i move something it go invisible. please anybody can help me that would be grate.

From the looks of it, it seems to be a glitch that has started happening with this recent update. Their is no fix for this as of yet. All I can say is open the object menu and spawn in a second object since duplicating doesn’t always work now.

> 2533274985218017;5:
> > 2533274822513569;4:
> > Dose anybody now how to around a forge glitch were objects aren’t showing. I try to copy a object but then nothing shows and when i move something it go invisible. please anybody can help me that would be grate.
>
>
> From the looks of it, it seems to be a glitch that has started happening with this recent update. Their is no fix for this as of yet. All I can say is open the object menu and spawn in a second object since duplicating doesn’t always work now.

I have found that if you duplicate an object(s), but there isn’t enough space in front of you to spawn it (them), the object(s) will still spawn, but will be out of the camera view. After duplicating an object, you automatically have it (them) selected and can move them by holding LT. It often helps to find it by centering the camera by pressing down the right stick. Hope that helps.