Game Begins Late? Cheating/Modding

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the number of non-legit people playing Halo Wars. Today I got into a match and noticed that a opponents Ghost was immediately in front of my base collecting my resources. So I hit the back button and the timer was already 30-40 seconds in. Although I had just started the 2v2, and my friend also noticed it. I know it is possible as I have noticed it in other games and guess it could be some kind of lag switch to delay but gives a huge advantage in this game.

Then a few days earlier a guy rushed my base with Gauss Hogs pretty fast. I can not recall how fast it actually was but was quick. Now the un-legit thing was about it is he had only one Reactor on a Secondary base. Also he did not have any other means of having a Reactor, I.E. extra Reactor around map that you have to place a unit in. Since it was so early this also eliminates the possibility he built and upgraded a Reactor then recycled it.

So anyway has anyone else noticed garbage like this happening? Let me add that I have been playing a really long time and have over 3.5 million experience. I am noticing things like this more and more I play it. I really used to enjoy getting on Halo Wars and playing it and now just running into this every now and then is definitely enough to make me throw in the towel on the game.

After playing almost ten thousand games myself, I’m calling shenanigans on your post. I’ve never seen that happen.

Now, about the Gunner rush, it’s possible to have at least 3 Gunner Hogs at someone’s base by 1:15 with Anders and 1:30 with Forge and Cutter. The Gunner rush wasn’t a mod.

I don’t believe those are cheats/modifications. It is possible to have a ghost by your opponents base by 30-40 seconds, sometimes there can even be lag that bad that the game starts late.

I can get 6 Gauss between 4-5 minutes, depending on the map.

Sometimes a max population of tanks show up at my base at 16 minutes. Does anyone know how this is even possible?

you should be able to get a full pop of canny tanks at about 9min if you build right and collect as much supply crates as possibel

God you people are idiots. I should have guessed the community for such an aged game would only have the morons that have no clue what they are talking about. First off you should all learn to read. Because I said that the game had JUST STARTED on my end and there was a Ghost in front of my base.

This is what made me suspicious so I hit the back button and noticed the timer was 30-40 seconds in already. Although the match had just started and I had not been in more than a second. This was probably some kind of lag switch or something but know it can be and has been used in other games.

It basically delays the other team from starting the game so that you can gain an advantage. The thing I noticed is they try to make it so you do not notice it. I would have NOT noticed it unless the very first second into the game the opponents Ghost is at my base collecting my resources. I asked my teammate to check the timer and he noticed the same exact thing.

Also to the guy talking about the “Gunner Rush” you’re the idiotic one that cannot read. The guy had a massive amount of Gauss Hogs at my base very early in the game. I have no reason to lie and honestly like I said I didn’t look at the time. What I really want you to explain is how he built Gauss Hogs with only one Reactor?

I really hope you can explain that all mighty ten thousand matches. Also don’t give me the -Yoink- about how he could have built and upgraded a Reactor then started to research the upgrade, then recycled it. As it was much too early in the game to be doing things like this. There was also no other way this person could have had a Reactor either.

For example one around the map or anything of that nature. Also about the “possibility of lag -Yoink-” if it was that bad the other guy wouldn’t have had his Ghost at my base collecting my resources. He would have experienced the same thing, so this was obviously done intentionally. Also my teammate noticed the same exact thing so it was not a coincidence these guys got an unfair advantage.

You’re ignorant and bad and disregard what others are saying. The game can very very rarely start late if the connection to other players is extremely poor but that is about it. There are no online hacks or cheats, only bugs and bug abuse. If you think people are lag switching to gain an advantage but you can’t defend a rush you’re aren’t even close to the level at which bug abuse can occur. Sorry kiddo.

The guy who killed you with gauss on only one tech obviously recycled his 2nd and 3rd tech or his barracks after making marines for the hook.

Gauss on exile if you ram the snipers can be as early as 4:30 with no clicks and 7-8 hogs, or 3:15-3:45 on crevice with 3-5 hogs.

Right kid anyone can mod a game and use the modifications on Xbox Live. When Halo Wars first released they were every where. You ever heard of people having Scarabs one minute in? Well I can confirm it definitely happened.

Simply put when a game is new and has just been released Microsoft and Bungie tend to crack down on people very fast for ruining the experience for others. Although as a game gains age, gets older, and people move onto a newer game they tend to look the other way. This is because it is a waste of time to fix a game that has a community of well under 10,000 and never has more than 6,000 online at one time.

I know what I saw and it is NOT possible to start a game late because of lag. So what you are saying is that me and my teammate just started the game 30-40 seconds in and it was a coincidence that our opponents were playing during that 30-40 seconds? That wasn’t a coincidental advantaged they gained, it was a manipulated one, sorry kiddo.

Also as I have already mentioned he did not and NEVER did have any extra reactor on the map. Furthermore it was much too early for him have three Reactors. As I said I have no reason to lie and don’t remember the timer but I promise you he had at least a dozen Gauss Hogs and we were well under the 10 minute mark. I would be willing to bet that we were right around 5 minutes in.

Lmao you think quick gauss is cheating? The players nowadays keep getting dumber and dumber. I lost some brain cells reading that.

> Right kid anyone can mod a game and use the modifications on Xbox Live. When Halo Wars first released they were every where. You ever heard of people having Scarabs one minute in? Well I can confirm it definitely happened.
>
> Simply put when a game is new and has just been released Microsoft and Bungie tend to crack down on people very fast for ruining the experience for others. Although as a game gains age, gets older, and people move onto a newer game they tend to look the other way. This is because it is a waste of time to fix a game that has a community of well under 10,000 and never has more than 6,000 online at one time.
>
> I know what I saw and it is NOT possible to start a game late because of lag. So what you are saying is that me and my teammate just started the game 30-40 seconds in and it was a coincidence that our opponents were playing during that 30-40 seconds? That wasn’t a coincidental advantaged they gained, it was a manipulated one, sorry kiddo.
>
> Also as I have already mentioned he did not and NEVER did have any extra reactor on the map. Furthermore it was much too early for him have three Reactors. As I said I have no reason to lie and don’t remember the timer but I promise you he had at least a dozen Gauss Hogs and we were well under the 10 minute mark. I would be willing to bet that we were right around 5 minutes in.

Halo games cannot be modded online. Sorry.
And unless you provide an actual time, I won’t believe you. Feed strats or the most neglecting eco gauss builds can easily have gauss by 4 minutes even without hooks. Nobody is modding halo wars.

If someone could mod they’d easily be 45+ TS, playing good players, not modding in an UA game at 30 ts

You can’t just mod the game and win right away. The way they get banned is people reporting their GamerTag. After enough people are reported for the same thing they are flagged for banned and then banned during the next wave. It is possible to mod/hack any game on Xbox Live, doesn’t matter what it is.

People modded Halo games to have things like infinite Over Shield or to unload guns like the AR or Pistol in one shot. So as long as your cross-hair is over the person they die. Although the reason you do not see them is because they do not last long and are banned after a few games. Simply because every single person they play with reports them.

You people are complete idiotic morons if you think other wise. So when you mod a game if you want it to last you make sure you do not win every game. Ohh wait you say that if people are modding they would easily be high ranking right? Wrong moron, they quite out of half their games.

After modding for so long they learn how to not get caught and make second accounts. Which I also noticed because those two profiles had less than 200 Gamerscore each. So you could tell they were restarted accounts.

> Lmao you think quick gauss is cheating? The players nowadays keep getting dumber and dumber. I lost some brain cells reading that.

Go ahead and send me a friend request on Xbox Live and we can jump on here in an hour or two. I want to see at least one dozen (12) Gauss Hogs in less than five minutes in. I would really like you to show me. If you come into my game and show me I will admit I am wrong. Maybe you can also show me how to do it with a single Reactor and having no other means of another Reactor.

If you were somewhat smart you would look up the game stats and post the link here so we can see for ourselves. Until then, I’m not wasting my time. You can very well be exaggerating the whole situation.

You have proof that he had 12 hogs under 5 minutes? Nope.

You have proof (gamestats) he didn’t put up 2 additional reactors then recycle them? Nope. Proof he wasn’t being fed? Nope. Post a link to the game and I will listen.

GT is s7efen, add me if you have “proof”.

> You have proof that he had 12 hogs under 5 minutes?

Maybe I didn’t read your post well enough, but it’s possible to have (about) 15 Hogs, Reserves finished, and a third base building by 5 mins on Exile without being fed.

Since I probably just skimmed a too hard, don’t rule out feeding. If quick-Gauss has now been deemed cheap, then I can only imagine how many minds will be blown by the old-school 1 Pad, 3 Reactor feed, ROFL.

Can we also discuss the vital issue of getting dual Scarabs by 8mins on Exile as an unfair, obviously broken mod? I think that having 2 Scarabs by the time the opposing team can have a full pop of Gauss, a full pop of PT, and a full pop of Banshees is something that needs to be addressed now.

Oh, and, all cynicism aside (for the OPer), this game cannot be modded online because that would require hacking an active server, not getting caught, and somehow manipulating the net codes to allow every person named Bob to have infinite resources when they start (correct me if I’m wrong on the process). The game can be modded offline, but none of that can make its way into a multiplayer environment.