Game automatically skipped me a rank

So, I decided to hop back to Reach’s campaign. I knew that it underwent some maintenance, so I should be able to load the armor into the game. What I did not expect was for my rank to be Mythic.
I haven’t played Reach’s multiplayer or Firefight (or the game in general) for some months. When I left, I was a Hero, nearly ranking up to Legend. But after the maintenance, as I said, the game promoted me all the way up to Mythic, with the progress bar just barely in the beginning. I also had over a million Cr, which I immediately used to buy some items, but when I left, I had it just above 400.000 Cr if I can recall. I checked my Service Record, but it was untouched.

Can anyone explain what could’ve happened?

UPDATE: I received word from Reddit that apparently someone managed to spoof XBL accounts and gave everyone millions of Cr. I’ve also heard that 343 has been notified but haven’t responded yet, but I can’t really confirm it.

According to my Waypoint stats for Halo: Reach, I am now Inheritor. This is interesting as I was Reclaimer last week. I shall have to have a look at what my rank is in the game when I get home later.

Edit: So when I arrived home, I loaded up Halo: Reach, and I can confirm that my rank is now Inheritor.

Are you checking on the Xbox One? On the 360 I’m the same rank I was last time I played.

Just checked, I’m now a General even though I haven’t played Reach in months and I left it at Commander Grade 2. Something definitely messed up the ranks during the maintenance.

> 2535443708168613;3:
> Are you checking on the Xbox One? On the 360 I’m the same rank I was last time I played.

I did check on Xbox One. Played a match of Invasion and after the match, the game even congratulated me for reaching it, meaning that it’s recorded on my account. I took a screenshot as well. Here.
I also just checked it on 360 and it displayed Mythic as well. The Waypoint armors were unlocked again. Checking back into XONE, armors were locked, so it’s another type of issue. However, I got word of why this happened.
Apparently, someone managed to spoof XBL accounts and gave millions of Cr to everyone. It’s also said that 343 had been notified but haven’t responded yet.

> 2533275010817669;5:
> > 2535443708168613;3:
> > Are you checking on the Xbox One? On the 360 I’m the same rank I was last time I played.
>
> I did check on Xbox One. Played a match of Invasion and after the match, the game even congratulated me for reaching it, meaning that it’s recorded on my account. I took a screenshot as well. Here.
> I also just checked it on 360 and it displayed Mythic as well. The Waypoint armors were unlocked again. Checking back into XONE, armors were locked, so it’s another type of issue. However, I got word of why this happened.
> Apparently, someone managed to spoof XBL accounts and gave millions of Cr to everyone. It’s also said that 343 had been notified but haven’t responded yet.

I had best spend what limited time I have with my Haunted Helmet then xD

Man I wished this happen to me, I just grinded for the Hero Rank & Unlocked Mark
VI finally, but have to admit, that is a pretty werid Bug have to admit

I can confirm this glitch is indeed a thing. I was previously a Hero with a quarter of the cR needed to earn the Legend Rank. Now after this bug as I just checked now, I am now a Legend with a quarter of the cR needed to earn the next rank. So this bug is indeed correct, as it skipped some people, me included to the next rank with the same progress intact to the next rank in terms of percentage.

Regardless of where you check, whether it be the Halo Waypoint Website, Xbox 360 Waypoint App, or Halo: Reach itself (Regardless of platform it is being played on), you will know if you were affected.

> 2533274898831741;8:
> I can confirm this glitch is indeed a thing. I was previously a Hero with a quarter of the cR needed to earn the Legend Rank. Now after this bug as I just checked now, I am now a Legend with a quarter of the cR needed to earn the next rank. So this bug is indeed correct, as it skipped some people, me included to the next rank with the same progress intact to the next rank in terms of percentage.
>
> Regardless of where you check, whether it be the Halo Waypoint Website, Xbox 360 Waypoint App, or Halo: Reach itself (Regardless of platform it is being played on), you will know if you were affected.

Has there been any word from 343 in the matter? Will they revert it? (Pls no XD)

The game skipped you a rank that is horrible. I sure hope that doesn’t happen to me I would hate to just go up in rank all of a sudden.

> 2533275010817669;9:
> > 2533274898831741;8:
> > I can confirm this glitch is indeed a thing. I was previously a Hero with a quarter of the cR needed to earn the Legend Rank. Now after this bug as I just checked now, I am now a Legend with a quarter of the cR needed to earn the next rank. So this bug is indeed correct, as it skipped some people, me included to the next rank with the same progress intact to the next rank in terms of percentage.
> >
> > Regardless of where you check, whether it be the Halo Waypoint Website, Xbox 360 Waypoint App, or Halo: Reach itself (Regardless of platform it is being played on), you will know if you were affected.
>
> Has there been any word from 343 in the matter? Will they revert it? (Pls no XD)

I haven’t seen any official response from 343 Industries, and because the result is neutral to positive, they will likely look into it, resolve the issue to prevent it from happening again, and likely allow the result from the bug to stay, much like when in Halo 5: Guardians when a handful of the 343 Industries Weapon Skins accidentally unlocked for people during a 12 hour period due to a glitch a while back when people bought the Spartan Armory REQ Pack back in March of 2016.

If the result isn’t negative, they’ll likely fix the bug and let the results of the bug stay, but we shall see.

> 2533275010817669;1:
> So, I decided to hop back to Reach’s campaign. I knew that it underwent some maintenance, so I should be able to load the armor into the game. What I did not expect was for my rank to be Mythic.
> I haven’t played Reach’s multiplayer or Firefight (or the game in general) for some months. When I left, I was a Hero, nearly ranking up to Legend. But after the maintenance, as I said, the game promoted me all the way up to Mythic, with the progress bar just barely in the beginning. I also had over a million Cr, which I immediately used to buy some items, but when I left, I had it just above 400.000 Cr if I can recall. I checked my Service Record, but it was untouched.
>
> Can anyone explain what could’ve happened?
>
> UPDATE: I received word from Reddit that apparently someone managed to spoof XBL accounts and gave everyone millions of Cr. I’ve also heard that 343 has been notified but haven’t responded yet, but I can’t really confirm it.

Don’t worry about it. Rank means nothing in this game and the armor means even less. I’ll never understand why people care about such meaningless things but some people apparently do; if a lot of players are currently experiencing this it may simply be a result of the game “catching up” after the recent supposed server repairs and just now counting games that have occurred since this issue arose back in September.

> 2682054420954072;12:
> > 2533275010817669;1:
> > So, I decided to hop back to Reach’s campaign. I knew that it underwent some maintenance, so I should be able to load the armor into the game. What I did not expect was for my rank to be Mythic.
> > I haven’t played Reach’s multiplayer or Firefight (or the game in general) for some months. When I left, I was a Hero, nearly ranking up to Legend. But after the maintenance, as I said, the game promoted me all the way up to Mythic, with the progress bar just barely in the beginning. I also had over a million Cr, which I immediately used to buy some items, but when I left, I had it just above 400.000 Cr if I can recall. I checked my Service Record, but it was untouched.
> >
> > Can anyone explain what could’ve happened?
> >
> > UPDATE: I received word from Reddit that apparently someone managed to spoof XBL accounts and gave everyone millions of Cr. I’ve also heard that 343 has been notified but haven’t responded yet, but I can’t really confirm it.
>
> Don’t worry about it. Rank means nothing in this game and the armor means even less. I’ll never understand why people care about such meaningless things but some people apparently do; if a lot of players are currently experiencing this it may simply be a result of the game “catching up” after the recent supposed server repairs and just now counting games that have occurred since this issue arose back in September.

Regardless, whether rank mean something or not, it’s still something to just not let be swept under the rug. As I said in my update info, and I will repeat it again, this “issue” happened because someone apparently managed to spoof the XBL profiles. This can mean more than just “Oh, I was given free Crs, yay.”.

Must be a glitch because I personally have not experienced that on any of my Reach profiles.

> 2535412662096584;14:
> Must be a glitch because I personally have not experienced that on any of my Reach profiles.

The explanation is in my comment.

Between armor resets and rank jumping, it sounds like Reach is in a world of confusion. Maybe it’s the norm, but I’ve noticed a lot more conversation about Reach on here, has the in-game population grown at all? If even just a little?

Dang, I wish hahahaha it’s my second account and I dont want to put in the grind again.

> 2533274823470699;16:
> Between armor resets and rank jumping, it sounds like Reach is in a world of confusion. Maybe it’s the norm, but I’ve noticed a lot more conversation about Reach on here, has the in-game population grown at all? If even just a little?

Last time I played it dwindled around the usual, ~ 1700 - 2000, maybe 2100. Not much or really anything at all. I’m in vacation now, so I can check it =P

my rank didn’t change guess it was happening to people randomly