G.R.D. Armor

Does anyone remember the hype of GRD? Like what happened to it. The buzz just dissapeared. Everyone was trying to kill the BOB Elites in Campaign, thinking they unlock the armor that way. Well if anyone knows what happened to the ellusive armor, a reply would be nice :]
-Dxrkest

I believe that it isn’t available on Halo Reach. The closest you can get to wearing GRD is the EOD helmet. There are little Easter eggs though, if you have the anniversary map packs. :3 I have found the GRD dolls/Spartan teddies on Solitary, High Noon, Beaver Creek/Battle Canion, Ridgeline, and there was one other I found as well, but I forget which one. :stuck_out_tongue: So, you see, the GRD armor had been abducted and is being worn by cute squeaky toys. :3

> Does anyone remember the hype of GRD? Like what happened to it. The buzz just dissapeared. Everyone was trying to kill the BOB Elites in Campaign, thinking they unlock the armor that way. Well if anyone knows what happened to the ellusive armor, a reply would be nice :]
> -Dxrkest

what happened is 343 and Bungie both confirmed that it does not exist on the disc and would be near-impossible to add in to the armory through DLC. and that the only way to get it was through modding and creating a replica.

It was a test in a development build of the Defiant Map Pack that didn’t make the cut with the Title Update.

GRD isn’t coming to Reach.

> > Does anyone remember the hype of GRD? Like what happened to it. The buzz just dissapeared. Everyone was trying to kill the BOB Elites in Campaign, thinking they unlock the armor that way. Well if anyone knows what happened to the ellusive armor, a reply would be nice :]
> > -Dxrkest
>
> what happened is 343 and Bungie both confirmed that it does not exist on the disc and would be near-impossible to add in to the armory through DLC. and that the only way to get it was through modding and creating a replica.

What they confirmed is they made it and are too lazy to release it to the public. Also the fact that they didn’t release it to the public shows they’re not as weak and as pathetic of a user as Bioware when it comes to the community demanding something to be added/changed in the game.

Idk i dnt think it was right to make a secret armor and make it really famous, and infamous, and to release a new game (REach) and to have no secret armor for a certain selected few. it doesnt make sense

Im just hoping for it in Halo 4 :smiley:

I haz GRD

GRD Armor

This is what it looks like in Reach :slight_smile:

I still don’t know why people adopted the name ‘GRD’ for that helmet, as there isn’t even a connection to the helmet and ‘GRD’ except for someone who allegedly saw the helmet in someones armory on Bungie Day, Which has been proven false since.

I think ‘BoB’ is still a better name for the helmet, Though just as speculative as ‘GRD’ but at least a connection CAN be made between ‘BoB’ and the helmet.

> It was a test in a development build of the Defiant Map Pack that didn’t make the cut with the Title Update.
>
> GRD isn’t coming to Reach.

That’s the answer. I remember finding out about it a while back. That picture that started the whole thing wasn’t supposed to have been posted. But I think it was a clever ploy to create some excitement.

> GRD Armor
>
>
> This is what it looks like in Reach :slight_smile:

yep. its EOD with an Under bite, and its winking at you.