FYI: "FREE"DLC = content cut from launch

everytime you buy a REQ pack master chief cries.I see a lot of people here saying that it’s ok that we get forge/remixed maps as DLC because it’s free. I just want to let you know that we’re not getting free DLC, most of the things that we’re getting is basic content that other halo games had at launch. They had 3 years to makes this game and we still don’t have infection, griffball and other basic playlist that should’ve been there day one. But don’t worry! Infection will probably be part of “free” DLC and then we can praise 343!!! Yay!!!

they might as well rename theses monthly updates to “should’ve been there at launch” DLC

edit:spelling

Most dlc is cut content.

“Oh no we’re getting this content for free.”

Every other game company “50$ for 2 maps and we’ll fix some problems too”

> 2533274832735579;3:
> “Oh no we’re getting this content for free.”
>
> Every other game company “50$ for 2 maps and we’ll fix some problems too”

BO3 launched with a nice set of quality maps, a cool campaign and zombies. I feel like I got what I payed for and don’t mind paying $50 for a season pass because I know I’ll get more quality maps and not a bunch of forge/remix crap.

Halo 5 is doing the same thing as Destiny. The main difference is that 343 don’t force you to pay for cut content, in the end you still get what you pay for.

As you can see OP, people are easily fooled. I’m not sure what you thought you would accomplish here. Don’t be surprised when Halo 6 is only released with a single Campaign level and MP map. People apparently won’t mind as long as the rest is Coming Soon™.

Like everyone on the Internet: “source?”

> 2533274893633166;4:
> > 2533274832735579;3:
> > “Oh no we’re getting this content for free.”
> >
> > Every other game company “50$ for 2 maps and we’ll fix some problems too”
>
>
> BO3 launched with a nice set of quality maps, a cool campaign and zombies. I feel like I got what I payed for and don’t mind paying $50 for a season pass because I know I’ll get more quality maps and not a bunch of forge/remix crap.

That’s because it’s Treyarch. Ghosts/AW were a COMPLETELY different story and we both know it.

> 2533274823625840;8:
> > 2533274893633166;4:
> > > 2533274832735579;3:
> > > “Oh no we’re getting this content for free.”
> > >
> > > Every other game company “50$ for 2 maps and we’ll fix some problems too”
> >
> >
> > BO3 launched with a nice set of quality maps, a cool campaign and zombies. I feel like I got what I payed for and don’t mind paying $50 for a season pass because I know I’ll get more quality maps and not a bunch of forge/remix crap.
>
>
> That’s because it’s Treyarch. Ghosts/AW were a COMPLETELY different story and we both know it.

So you’re saying it’s more appropriate to compare 343 with devs that aren’t very good? That certainly speaks volumes of peoples opinions of 343.

People act like 343 is the only company that has DLC in the works before launch. You can’t create 4 maps in 2 months (CoD), it has to be in the works before hand. I will admit that the maps in H5 are limited. However in the end we are going to end up with more content than other games for LESS money because we aren’t paying for the extra maps.

> 2533274823625840;8:
> > 2533274893633166;4:
> > > 2533274832735579;3:
> > > “Oh no we’re getting this content for free.”
> > >
> > > Every other game company “50$ for 2 maps and we’ll fix some problems too”
> >
> >
> > BO3 launched with a nice set of quality maps, a cool campaign and zombies. I feel like I got what I payed for and don’t mind paying $50 for a season pass because I know I’ll get more quality maps and not a bunch of forge/remix crap.
>
>
> That’s because it’s Treyarch. Ghosts/AW were a COMPLETELY different story and we both know it.

Maybe in terms of general popularity, but Ghosts shipped with 15 unique maps and extinction, whereas AW shipped with 13 maps without a zombies mode until their first DLC. That game shipped with the least amount of content within modern CoD despite having the most developer time of 3 years apart from the traditional 2.

Yeah your right. It annoys me when people say “you should be grateful, it’s free”. I paid for it when I bought the game. I had expected to receive the content on the release date.

OP with 4 days of gameplay logged already. You seem to be enjoying how the game was shipped.

> 2533274832735579;3:
> “Oh no we’re getting this content for free.”
>
> Every other game company “50$ for 2 maps and we’ll fix some problems too”

Answer me this, would you pay $50 for the stuff 343 are putting out? Serious question.

Things have changed since the last millennium. This is one of the better practices now. Get over it or go indie.

> 2533274823625840;10:
> People act like 343 is the only company that has DLC in the works before launch. You can’t create 4 maps in 2 months (CoD), it has to be in the works before hand. I will admit that the maps in H5 are limited. However in the end we are going to end up with more content than other games for LESS money because we aren’t paying for the extra maps.

The maps we aren’t paying for in the long run really aren’t justified enough to have their own price tag as a DLC pack. The only maps that are truly unique are the warzone maps, everything else is either a remix (lazy 343 at works) or forged (when the community with true experience can create infinitely more maps with the same if not better quality and even be put into the map rotations). If 343 tried creating developer budget unique maps that are not based off of previous maps at all, we would be making progress, but that isn’t the case.

> 2533274893633166;4:
> > 2533274832735579;3:
> > “Oh no we’re getting this content for free.”
> >
> > Every other game company “50$ for 2 maps and we’ll fix some problems too”
>
>
> BO3 launched with a nice set of quality maps, a cool campaign and zombies. I feel like I got what I payed for and don’t mind paying $50 for a season pass because I know I’ll get more quality maps and not a bunch of forge/remix crap.

Yeah, you definitely got ripped off.

> 2533274968707582;16:
> > 2533274823625840;10:
> > People act like 343 is the only company that has DLC in the works before launch. You can’t create 4 maps in 2 months (CoD), it has to be in the works before hand. I will admit that the maps in H5 are limited. However in the end we are going to end up with more content than other games for LESS money because we aren’t paying for the extra maps.
>
>
> The maps we aren’t paying for in the long run really aren’t justified enough to have their own price tag as a DLC pack. The only maps that are truly unique are the warzone maps, everything else is either a remix (lazy 343 at works) or forged (when the community with true experience can create infinitely more maps with the same if not better quality and even be put into the map rotations). If 343 tried creating developer budget unique maps that are not based off of previous maps at all, we would be making progress, but that isn’t the case.

That’s the main thing. They knew damn well people wouldn’t pay for Forged maps and Remixes. In addition to that, any time they spend making Forged maps is time they’re wasting because the community can do that themselves. They could be using that time to make real maps or - in the case of Forge maps from launch - used that time to put more content into the launch game.

A lot of people comparing Halo 5 with CoD: BO3 in this forum… Games that are very different from each other… You should really compare Halo 5 to previous games. Didn’t it take awhile for new maps to be released with a season pass? Halo 4 only started with 10 maps at launch… Halo 5 started with 20, with maps being remixed of each other for either the same or different gamemodes… And the maps slowly add on rather than waiting… Most likely we will stop receiving remixes of current maps and received newly designed maps AND THEN remixes of those LOL. But idk, the remixes changes the flow of the game. And of course we will get forge maps into the mix which I do not mind but apparently most people in this community does… What they are doing with the free DLC is good for the long run. But we need newly designed maps. Maps made for Arena and BTB Arena not forged maps. 1 for each game mode is good enough.

> 2535409103705542;19:
> A lot of people comparing Halo 5 with CoD: BO3 in this forum… Games that are very different from each other… You should really compare Halo 5 to previous games. Didn’t it take awhile for new maps to be released with a season pass? Halo 4 only started with 10 maps at launch… Halo 5 started with 20, with maps being remixed of each other for either the same or different gamemodes… And the maps slowly add on rather than waiting… Most likely we will stop receiving remixes of current maps and received newly designed maps AND THEN remixes of those LOL. But idk, the remixes changes the flow of the game. And of course we will get forge maps into the mix which I do not mind but apparently most people in this community does… What they are doing with the free DLC is good for the long run.

Removing content that has been in previous halos from day 1 like forge and gametypes and giving them to us as dlc is not good for the long run. Also I’d rather pay for new maps then just get crap remix or forge maps passed off as dlc for free.