Future of Halo

The STORY… The Multiplayer… The COMMUNITY… HALO

All of these have changed over the years. What is Halos future, and can we tell its future with Halo 5: Guardians?

Recently I have watched videos, and looked back at some of the older games. They are different from Halo 5 a lot. The thing I noticed most was the story/story telling. Previous Halo games have had amazing stories, stories that we remember. Each campaign we played in the past had so many amazing Easter Eggs, and Terminals. Well, a video I watched recently said, “does it seem like there is to much LORE in Halo now?” I had to sit here and think what did his question mean, and I think I figured it out, or maybe not. Halos story has been shown through books, and the games. The deeper lore was found in the books, and the main story is in the Campaign, and a few side background stories within terminals. Halo 5’s campaign had a lot of the lore of Halo put in it, but was there too much? I don’t know exactly how to word it, but hopefully someone will understand.

Halo 5’s story, in my opinion, seemed to fast. It looked like it was rushed, like no one took the time to put the story in detail. Fire Team Osiris had an introduction, but not one I wanted. I like kind of a good slow story. Again, It is hard to explain it.

Halos Multiplayer. I have so many memories playing Halo with my brother, and friends. It’s Multiplayer to me was unique, and interesting. I remember how Halo used to be, and after 4 and 5 I could see a big change. This goes back to, “Is there to much Lore in Halo?” Well, in my opinion, yes there is. Halo 5’s multiplayer takes place on Infinity, in simulation games. ONLY Spartans, and what I am getting at people who played Halo 2 will know what I am hinting at. (Reason why I hint is because this post will be locked if I mention it.) The variety to Halo has been taken away, and what I mean is what you are able to play as, or customize. Customization was added in Halo 3, and then upgraded in HALO: Reach, customization was then carried into Halo 4… But Halo 5 not so much. What people loved about customization was being able to be different. Have their own armor, and look that they can call theirs. But Halo 5 Guardians failed to carry on the ability to customize your spartan or whatever you could’ve played as.

Social Game Play. Fun silly game nights with friends were always the best. Race, Infection, Jenga, ect. well, Halo 5 didn’t have that when it came out, and it made me think what future Halo games will be like. Halo had a way to please each Community Machinima, Social, Forge, and Competitive. (If I missed one I apologize, but those are the ones I look at the most.) Social Games were always fun, and people could also forge something up for a race map or infection… Well, when Halo 5 came it it seemed like another broken, and unfinished game I played, aka Destiny. This game didn’t come with Forge, or Social Game play, just Competitive. I got the impression that 343 didn’t care about their fans, they didn’t wanna make us happy or anything. But after the free updates to the game, my thoughts changed a bit. A BIT.

I don’t know what the future of Halo is gonna be like, and I have looked at Halo 5: Guardians as a template of whats to come in the future. Halo 5: Guardians has had good impressions, and bad ones. Leaving thoughts, and ideas in some peoples heads that 343 may not look at some of their mistakes in Halo 5: Guardians.

This post is how I see Halo 5: Guardians, and how the future of Halo might be. What do y’all think? Is Halo 5 to Lore based, and is this still the Halo you remember and love? Has this game made you have good, or bad thoughts about 343?

(For any MONITORS who reads, if there is something wrong with this post, or there is already a forum on this I will post this in that other forum. These are thoughts about Halo 5, and a look back at the other games compared to this one. I have tried to make this topic focused on Halo 5, due to me posting thisin the Halo 5 forums. If this gets locked, I would like to know why. Please and thank you, and have a nice day.)

Halo 5 needs to be more sure of itself. It never goes all out in any category and keeps far too tame for its own good. Imagine we really got to hunt Cheif as Locke but Chief left because of corruption in Oni which cause an almost full on War to break out between different branches of humanity. Now that could have been amazing but no, we get an AI taking over the universe story. It could have been done so much better. Halo 5 also doesn’t embrace how over the top it can be. The Grunt Mech is a great example. Imagine if that was at launch, if 343 took a chance with a silly but fun boss. Halo 6 needs to go all out and not be tame due to fear of backlash from the fans. Now that does not mean to do stupid -Yoink- but 343 needs to go all out in their effort and make something that embraces what they believe Halo should be.

> 2533274974081836;2:
> Halo 5 needs to be more sure of itself. It never goes all out in any category and keeps far too tame for its own good. Imagine we really got to hunt Cheif as Locke but Chief left because of corruption in Oni which cause an almost full on War to break out between different branches of humanity. Now that could have been amazing but no, we get an AI taking over the universe story. It could have been done so much better. Halo 5 also doesn’t embrace how over the top it can be. The Grunt Mech is a great example. Imagine if that was at launch, if 343 took a chance with a silly but fun boss. Halo 6 needs to go all out and not be tame due to fear of backlash from the fans. Now that does not mean to do stupid -Yoink- but 343 needs to go all out in their effort and make something that embraces what they believe Halo should be.

I agree with you, but I think it was important that 3443 play Halo 5 safe. With H4 they went all out and realized they did not actually know their player base at all. Halo 5 (with completely -Yoinked!- up behind-the-scenes movement) is what 343 needed to do to get back in touch with Halo reality.