Future of Halo after the Master Chief

After they decide to stop making Halo games and stories centered on the MC what do you want to happen? I think it would be rad if they had a young soldier become the new main character of a spin off game but he was trained in the ways of a Spartan II by MC (minus the augmentations). Let me know what your thoughts on the future of Halo are in the comments!

So…a normal schmuck who can’t even wear a mjolnir? No thanks

Then there is no future. Do you understand?

> 2533274919928236;1:
> After they decide to stop making Halo games and stories centered on the MC what do you want to happen? I think it would be rad if they had a young soldier become the new main character of a spin off game but he was trained in the ways of a Spartan II by MC (minus the augmentations). Let me know what your thoughts on the future of Halo are in the comments!

I don’t feel that’d be right. It reminds me of one of those martial arts movie clichés where the master teaches a rookie and then all the sudden the rookie is unstoppable.

If anything, we can keep the young soldier idea, but maybe go along the lines of him as a Spartan IV and gaining experience through battles. We don’t need more story with MC even after they say his role is done.

What if after the ‘MC story’ we go back and see through the eyes of the covvy? I see so much exciting potential for post MC Halo

If Locke is a cool character, then this- Locke is essentially the Boba Fett of halo. So I think it would be awesome if we got a game about him back in his bounty hunter days before he joined ONI. Imagine hunting down innie leaders or covenant pirates as a freaking BOUNTY HUNTER. Only problem is he wouldn’t have augs, but it would be like ODST. Same kind of idea- after Halo 5/6, Locke falls back into his bounty hunting ways but this time with his mjolnir and augs. Imagine chasing down a bounty and then ground pounding his mongoose as he tries to escape, or Spartan charging him in the back as he runs away. He’d be the most feared man in the whole galaxy. Just give him an iconic ship like Bobas Slave I and you’re all set.

Have John’s Story end with him activating the halo array, the flood remain the intergalactic heavy weight champs. Jump some 100 000 years in the future and start all over. Assuming the species’ were all preserved, completely new characters, new conflicts, new plot. Certain chain of events would lead to us discovering the halo array (or what’s left of it) all that happened not only 100 000 years in the past but 200 000 years as well. Ultimately culminating in fighting the flood and winning once and for all or… not. The theme to halo would be “history repeats itself”

Just an idea that popped in my head.

I want a game centered mainly around the covenant rather than the humans. We never get to see anything from their side besides the arbiter missions from Halo 2. In my opinion spartans are starting to get stale pretty fast. I think it might have something to do with Halo 4 and now Halo 5 being spartan exclusive for MP. Anyways, I am sure they can put together a lot of NEW and fresh ideas if we focus a game from the perspective of a sangheili protagonist. Heck an arbiter focused game would be amazing if they don’t -Yoink- up their opportunity by killing him off in Halo 5. Honestly it won’t take long to run out of ideas for super guys in super suits that kick -Yoink- because Halo isn’t the only franchise that does this. Halo has a huge universe but we haven’t used much of it in the games.

There is no halo after master chief. He js the franchise. He’s the really I loved halo from the start. I just can’t see there being a future for halo if chief isn’t there

Chief is my favorite part of the Halo campaign. I don’t see it being that fun without him.

Master Chief’s story has to end at some point in time, he isn’t exactly immortal. Who the next main character might be we dunno, probably Locke? Who knows, the possibilities are endless.

Well I enjoyed ODST, Reach and Halo wars so I don’t really care if Chief is in or not. I love Halo for the lore not just for one character.

> 2533274794210491;12:
> Well I enjoyed ODST, Reach and Halo wars so I don’t really care if Chief is in or not. I love Halo for the lore not just for one character.

Agreed mate.

> 2533274960455648;7:
> Have John’s Story end with him activating the halo array, the flood remain the intergalactic heavy weight champs. Jump some 100 000 years in the future and start all over. Assuming the species’ were all preserved, completely new characters, new conflicts, new plot. Certain chain of events would lead to us discovering the halo array (or what’s left of it) all that happened not only 100 000 years in the past but 200 000 years as well. Ultimately culminating in fighting the flood and winning once and for all or… not. The theme to halo would be “history repeats itself”
>
> Just an idea that popped in my head.

Take that idea times it by a million or so, recognize the precursors / Flood can take many shapes and forms, add that Chiefs geas and an incarnation of the same character remain in the next cycle, add the the possibility of non-Halo super weapons, and replace “The theme to Halo” with, " The theme of every bungie franchise", have a long cycle begin and end every 13-30 billion years rather then every 100,000- few millions years of the smaller cycles, ending with the death of a universe or a timeline and the beginning of a new one and you pretty much get the basic idea.

In primordial space timeless creatures created waves, the waves were battles and the battles were waves. The waves created us and the others, giving us shape and form. The creatures came from [the void] before the stars were born, they necessitated the cycle, originating from the one before. In ITs/ in their image arose [mirrors] who [follow the paths they, that it, carved into the foundation of the world with flagstones]. They are eternal patterns, axioms of reality; Light, Dark, Balance, Doubt, Fear, Shadow , their paths will converge/converged, they [became/ joined legion] [ they will again]. There was a seventh, it refused, one always refuses. A timeless hero who will wear a trillion faces and bear a trillion names before the cycles of violence in the eververse cease once and for all. It is the seventh rider of the [apocalypse labyrinth]. Do not make the mistake that so many do, do not be fooled by his modest proportions, or his unassuming demeanor, do not underestimate him, he is the treader of the path, he follows the infinite pattern, he is destiny. A god in flesh and blood. Beyond the facade, the hero bears an old name that cannot be killed [it predates the stars and it will out live them]. All great heros come from its [royal] [lineage], but one amongst the crowd is [he/she] incarnate. This is the tru7h.

After Chief’s story ends I’ll play Halo solely for the multiplayer. Unless they have a really good story, which I believe is possible

They have an entire universe to work with. I don’t think they’ll be short on ideas. I’m just looking forward to a LOT of spin off games that explore other parts of the universe. Spin offs paired with 343s amazing narrative design team will make some amazing games. They have far more options than bungle ever did

Lockes being brought in for you… obviously.

Well play it out like this, If they end MC’s story, do not kill him. Or at least not display his death and leave that fictiously. Because if the Chief dies, I’m sorry but fans will tear down in anger and raid against 343, he is Halo, i don’t care what anyone thinks. Play it off like Bungie did, they left a cliffhanger and decided to press more of the Halo story and work on Chief at another time. But honestly, i do see a lot of potential for this franchise, even without the Chief. 343 even stated themselves that they are looking to and committed to expanding the Halo franchise as far as possible, more than just the games and novels. So with that in mind, i think this franchise can go anywhere really. Imagine this being the next Transformers or Star Wars, that would be amazing! I have my faith in 343.

Honestly Halo=MC and MC=Halo. That being said, I wouldn’t mind ending his story, but don’t replace him with Locke. I have nothing against Locke, just don’t think he’d be a great icon for Halo IMO. Idk what they should do as for future titles…

> 2533274812612663;8:
> I want a game centered mainly around the covenant rather than the humans. We never get to see anything from their side besides the arbiter missions from Halo 2. In my opinion spartans are starting to get stale pretty fast. I think it might have something to do with Halo 4 and now Halo 5 being spartan exclusive for MP. Anyways, I am sure they can put together a lot of NEW and fresh ideas if we focus a game from the perspective of a sangheili protagonist. Heck an arbiter focused game would be amazing if they don’t -Yoink- up their opportunity by killing him off in Halo 5. Honestly it won’t take long to run out of ideas for super guys in super suits that kick -Yoink- because Halo isn’t the only franchise that does this. Halo has a huge universe but we haven’t used much of it in the games.

But I do like this guy’s idea tho lol.

I’d prefer a prequel set immediately after First Contact, centered around a team of regular soldiers (ODST 2? It’d be even better if there was some other spec ops unit to use and further expand the game universe beyond Spartans and ODSTs).

Anyway, I just think it’d be an interesting idea to have the UNSC fighting the Insurrection, then BAM, this unknown alien force just shows up and starts systematically destroying planets. It’d be like Reach turned up to 11 because humanity has no idea what to do about the Covenant, fighting a hopeless battle against an enemy that severely outclasses them. Or the Sangheili storyline mentioned in earlier posts.

Im frankly getting tired of Chief 's story (as much as I love him as a character in my favorite game), it’s already starting to drag as he saves the galaxy for the umpteenth time, then having Locke or yet another Spartan take over to do the exact same thing would be worst thing they could possibly do, and those Halo Wars/ODST/Reach breaks were very refreshing.