Future Halo 4 Forum Post: I Miss Reach.

Guaranteed. I figured it out. There’s nothing wrong with Reach, it’s just that nothing satisfies everyone. Stop whining you have half a year til 4 comes out. Get some Reach in.

before Reach came out people were always bashing halo 3, now that it is out people bash reach and praise halo 3

> before Reach came out people were always bashing halo 3, now that it is out people bash reach and praise halo 3

exactly

i played h3 but i didnt even know about it when it came out, my brother had it and i just randomly started playing it.

i got reach the 1st day it came out and I still think its a really fun game. i love jet packing. dont know why everyone bashes it. oh yeah the no skill ranking. lolol. so what? i do good no matter who i play against

never! maybe when H4 will be released I’ll say I miss H3 but never reach!!!

I hated that game since the first day I played it!!!

πλα

It’s funny cus it’s true. This will happen, just like before, and I will laugh. I remember in the development of Reach everyone was saying not to make it like Halo 3.

“Urgh! The BR is so inconsistent! I want bloom back from Reach. While I complained about it back then, looking back I realise that it was consistent, you just needed to pace!”.

By the way, anyone who gives ANY game a one is a complete idiot and knows nothing of what a bad game is. They just mad.

> By the way, anyone who gives ANY game a one is a complete idiot and knows nothing of what a bad game is. They just mad.

Because a lot of gamers still view rating scores in 4 parts. A 10 is great, 9 is good, 8 is ok, 7 is bad, and anything under is an abomination.

I still don’t really praise Halo 3. It was just better than Reach and didn’t feature nearly as much hacking as Halo 2.

> “Urgh! The BR is so inconsistent! I want bloom back from Reach. While I complained about it back then, looking back I realise that it was consistent, you just needed to pace!”.

Sadly people will do this because they can’t adapt at all or it takes 3 years for them to adapt

This is the funniest thing about the halo community. The amount of insane outrage and crazy hate for halo 4, hasnt happened in this extreme, since halo 2.

Yep, halo 2 had just as much hate and malice toward it as halo 4 did when 343 announced the AA’s and in game augmentations.

Yet now and days halo 2 and halo 3 are the most amazing in the franchise lmfao.

This is 100% proof that most people are driven by nostalgia. They remember how they felt back then and compare it to what they have now and instantly go with the past. I GUARANTEE people will be saying halo 4 is trash, CE & 2 will be legends, and that 3 & Reach are amazing.

Oh also people will say “343!! GIVE BUNGIE BACK THEIR GAME SO THEY CAN MAKE IT RIGHT”

mark my words.

public toast house my grammar? ima miss dat dere jetpack, boy howdy

I gave Reach an 8. I love almost everything about it, but I don’t like the ranking system and I would have liked to see equipment pick ups.

> > “Urgh! The BR is so inconsistent! I want bloom back from Reach. While I complained about it back then, looking back I realise that it was consistent, you just needed to pace!”.
>
> Sadly people will do this because they can’t adapt at all or it takes 3 years for them to adapt

“Urgh! Grenades are so weak! I want the grenades from Reach! Throwing grenades in Halo4 is pointless because you get shot twice during the animation!”.

> This is the funniest thing about the halo community. The amount of insane outrage and crazy hate for halo 4, hasnt happened in this extreme, since halo 2.
>
> I CAN HAS PURPLE

Formerly: 4/10
Currently: 6/10

6 = I’m still disappointed with Reach but I don’t hate on it anymore.

CEA played a big role in that slight increase. I love playing as a Reach Elite, I enjoy using the jetpack, and I like fighting alongside allied Covies against the ODSTs (I make all the AI unable to do any damage so I can just watch the battle).

Tagging as a favorite so I can bump on launch day.

I think Reach was an outstanding piece of programming. I.e. net code, GUI, and in-cinematic character in campaign.

HOWEVER. Overpowered grenades, AA’s, and host migration resetting power weapons and bad vehicles mixed w/a depressing martyresque campaign story left me limp.

STOP MOVING MY THREADS I HATE YOU MODS GOD -Yoink!-

This thread has more to do with Reach than with Halo 4, so I moved it. :\

As for the actual discussion,… The community is split into a faction that likes Reach and a faction that hates Reach. When Halo 4 comes out, the pro-Reach faction will long for Reach. I don’t really see how that’s a surprise or all that notable. :\