Future Forge Upgrades

I think forge definitely needs some weather/night/day settings to set the atmosphere of the maps. Could use some terrain editing tools as well. One thing I would really like to see are campaign/firefight settings like AI spawns and trigger boundaries (sort of like kill boundaries which changes something on the map such as AI spawns or doors opening).

PS. Driving a scarab would be cool.

these are all good ideas id like to see a kind of glue tool aswell like you could take one object and glue it to another in anyway you want.

I think a cool feature would be to select your object and have it appear anywhere you press A, rather than selecting it, placing it, selecting it again, placing it again, etc.

Yea it would also be cool that you could make you’re own firefight maps by spawning covenant vehicles and more diversity in textures and figure patterns. And a bigger budget.
Adding rain, deserts, lagoons. Just giving everything you could ever want for forge.

> I think forge definitely needs some weather/night/day settings to set the atmosphere of the maps. Could use some terrain editing tools as well. One thing I would really like to see are campaign/firefight settings like AI spawns and trigger boundaries (sort of like kill boundaries which changes something on the map such as AI spawns or doors opening).
>
> PS. Driving a scarab would be cool.

Couldn’t agree more about the weather effects and firefight forge

I saw the video for the Far Cry 2 Map Editor and I feel spoiled now, cuz I would really like having that many features at my disposal.

> Could use some terrain editing tools as well.

I’d hate to be a buz kill for your idea, but this idea has been kicked around a few times already, and every time I catch it, I point out the flaw. You wouldn’t be able to have a Terrain editor in forge, and still have forge be a MP based feature. You’d either have to split the terrain editor and the Forge, or just go with out the Terrain editor. Also, about the only terrain editing you might be able to do in forge might be changing the textures, and that’s it, any heavy terrain editing, would need to be in it’s own program.

“Ctrl+Forge”.

Like the key combination after which it was named, it’d allow you to find any object. How? Simple. You can open up a menu listing every item you’ve ever placed. When you pick an object from the menu, the camera moves to the object’s current position, and can be rotated around the object without killing you if it passes through terrain. A wireframe also shows where the object spawns (so you can see if it has been displaced), and you can manipulate the object even if it isn’t on the map (hasn’t spawned / destroyed and waiting to spawn).

(That may sound unnecessary. But with it, we wouldn’t need DAOT tricks if, say, we lose a vehicle in Forge World’s death lakes or if an item de-renders in Solitary, or in any number of other scenarios where an object is “lost”. It’d be the perfect tool to manage what you’ve already placed.)