Future Commendations and Challenges

This is a suggestion for when 343 officially takes over Reach and releases Halo CEA. The challenges and commendation system in Reach needs to be altered. For instance, getting a commendation into Onyx for multiplayer is worth anywhere from 1000 - 2500 credits. When the game launched that was a good amount, however for Halo fans who’ve been playing since release that is hardly a reward for reaching Onyx. I mean obtaining Onyx in many (mulitplayer) commendations takes months to accomplish, and players should be rewarded with at least 5,000 - 10,000 cR depending on the commendation.

Also, challenges are some what lacking diversity. If you’ve played Reach for more then 2 months, you’d notice the challenges always are the same. Please add new challenges, such as “win 3 objective games in Reach matchmaking” or something else to mix it up a little.

Anyone have suggestions on future challenges and cR rewards for commendations?

Finally, shouldn’t players get extra credits for “Maxing” a commendation in Onyx?

I found it pretty funny when I maxed out my Jack of All Trades and got 2000 credits or something. This is a long journey to max something out and it should probably be more like 50,000 credits depending on what your maxing out.

SaiNts

> I found it pretty funny when I maxed out my Jack of All Trades and got 2000 credits or something. This is a long journey to max something out and it should probably be more like 50,000 credits depending on what your maxing out.
>
> SaiNts

I hear ya, I personally would love to see all multiplayer commendations give 10,000+ cR. However, I understand that you gradually gain credits over completing the commendation. The thing is obtaining Onyx should be groundbreaking, and it only happens once per commendation. The reward should at least be worth a weekly challenge as it takes thousands of kills to get.

Also, who else thinks “maxing” a commendation should reward credits?

Anyone else have an opinion?

bump

they should add commadations for capturing flags and arming bombs more people would try to score in objective playlists then

> they should add commadations for capturing flags and arming bombs more people would try to score in objective playlists then

That would give more incentive for teams to play objective in the BTB playlist.

Not only that but I feel that credit rewards post game should be much higher, especially the performance bonus. The credit system has a lot of potential but at the moment it just feels like a big grind.

> they should add commadations for capturing flags and arming bombs more people would try to score in objective playlists then

I actually like that idea. It would give players more of an incentive to play objective accordingly, and possibly, vote for it more in any playlists containing objective gametypes…

Or you’d get people that would betray for the flag cap or the bomb arming…

people do that anyway nothing would change