Furure of Halo Waypoint Codes

So by now we all know about CEA’s codes that can be unlocked in a rather awesome way on Halo Waypoint (I just unlocked my 7 codes tonight). But anyways, the first thing that stood out to me is that they are grouped under the heading of “Alpha Halo”. That obviously makes sense, considering these terminals were found on or around Installation 04 (AKA Alpha Halo). But the fact that they were labeled as such got me thinking. Maybe in Halo 4 there will be an entirely new set of terminals, which will have similar unlockable codes that will go under a new category in Waypoint. And then, maybe 343i will take it even farther, like maybe putting certain codes at the ending of trailers or in books and stuff like that. Then the codes can unlock say, videos, or concept art, or maybe even armor or something.

This code generator thing on Waypoint is probably one of the coolest of the new additions to an already awesome app, and I can’t wait to see how it is handled in the future.

Now, I need to find the last three terminals in CEA so I can get that eleventh through Waypoint :stuck_out_tongue:

I truly think it will be continued through Halo 4 with some sort of ‘terminal’ feature, what the codes would unlock though, mystery.

I believe that there will be one or more codes in Halo:Primordium.

It would definitely be cool if you found terminals and decoded codes on other Halo rings. I did notice that there were a lot of characters that weren’t used, I wonder…

But Installation 04 was called Alpha Halo because it was the first Halo humans found, the Halo 2 Halo was called Delta Halo, the next one would be called Theta Halo or something. I’m guessing the 7th ring humans would find (if they ever do) would be Omega Halo since it is the last letter of the roman alphabet. It would make sense for them to put more terminals up on other Halos and the archive is your central database for viewing any that you have found (or looked up online.).

I didn’t buy CEA, would someone mind informing me of this code business?

> I didn’t buy CEA, would someone mind informing me of this code business?

Each Terminal has a Forerunner code at the end. Entering them in HaloWaypoint unlocks the Terminal there, as well as 7000 bonus credits per Terminal. With a bonus 30000 for unlocking all of them. The catch being you have to unlock them in Halo CEA first.

Presumably more codes will unlock other Terminal videos, or other tidbits.

> > I didn’t buy CEA, would someone mind informing me of this code business?
>
> Each Terminal has a Forerunner code at the end. Entering them in HaloWaypoint unlocks the Terminal there, as well as 7000 bonus credits per Terminal. With a bonus 30000 for unlocking all of them. The catch being you have to unlock them in Halo CEA first.
>
> Presumably more codes will unlock other Terminal videos, or other tidbits.

Which would be awesome, for the longest time I had no idea what those characters meant until I saw that Achievement Hunter video on Youtube. One thing that’s been bugging mme though, the code entry thing has ten open slots even though the codes are five charcters long, why?

> > > I didn’t buy CEA, would someone mind informing me of this code business?
> >
> > Each Terminal has a Forerunner code at the end. Entering them in HaloWaypoint unlocks the Terminal there, as well as 7000 bonus credits per Terminal. With a bonus 30000 for unlocking all of them. The catch being you have to unlock them in Halo CEA first.
> >
> > Presumably more codes will unlock other Terminal videos, or other tidbits.
>
> Which would be awesome, for the longest time I had no idea what those characters meant until I saw that Achievement Hunter video on Youtube. One thing that’s been bugging mme though, the code entry thing has ten open slots even though the codes are five charcters long, why?

Probably just a precaution. Eventually, they will run out of five digit long code combinations. Then they can start making the codes longer.