Funzbob's Gathering of Good Information/Ideas

I will be Re-posting some of the best ideas i have seen on waypoint that i feel are important to the future of HALO

please remember these were written for HALO 4 but the same rules still apply

1. The Importance of Proper Ranked Matchmaking by Vetoed

> > IMPORTANT NOTE
> > This thread’s title once used to be “Proper Ranked Matchmaking > New Features”. However, due to some people misunderstanding the point I wanted to make (and not reading the OP), I have changed it. Please do keep this in mind whilst reading the first part. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Also, there’s a TL;DR skipping the first part and that highlights the main components of what I consider “required” for “proper” Ranked Matchmaking (scroll down until red text). I’d appreciate it if you read the whole thing though, it’s not that long. Also, be sure to leave a post or thank to show support.
>
> Hello friends.
>
> First off, I must say that I am a very competitive player at heart. But I think a lot of people will be able to relate to this post, whether competitive or casual.
>
> It seems that a lot of you have been very stressed and anxious about some of the new features that were talked about, announced or confirmed. I can’t provide a link for those who don’t know, but please do look around if you care to learn more.
>
> I can’t claim that I don’t feel uneasy about some features announced. I am not going to list them and explain what would suit my personal tastes and needs, even though I would like to believe that it would be the ideal thing to do, based on the experience I have with Halo. And for a few minutes, I ask of you to do the same. We can care about the new features once we TRY them. From there, 343 will use our feedback to improve them. It’s not worth complaining BEFORE that, though. The thing is, there won’t be two opportunities to implement a proper Ranked Matchmaking post-release without a massive update, hence the importance of voicing our concerns right now. So think of this thread as a urgent, desperation call from me, and many Matchmaking players that needs to reach 343’s ears as soon as possible. I hope you, the reader, will join in voicing it.
>
> I have played every Halo game. Each one of them has its ups and downs. None is perfect. I don’t either expect Halo 5 to be. Whether it’s in terms of gameplay, mechanics, or features. But as a Matchmaking player, and a very experienced Halo player (and with the drastic change that Reach was from the usual Halo experience) I have found that I can adapt to most new features that developers decide to bring the to table. I tend not to care until the hands-on / release.
>
> Therefore, regardless of what is announced between now and the release day of Halo 4, I will keep faith and purchase the game. Not as a blind fan, but as a supporter of those who keep my favorite series alive, and as a competitive and skilled player who won’t lose to a “battle” against the features of the game. I will attempt to adapt, because I love Halo. This said, I intend to at least give them a chance to impress.
>
> But 343, what I am about to request you not to leave out, is the most important thing for Matchmaking players in general. Not just competitive ones, but for casual ones as well. The posts in this thread will confirm these words.
>
> Kind of TL;DR starts here
>
> That is, proper RANKED hoppers in Matchmaking.
>
> “Proper” you ask?
>
> - It should appeal to all kinds of players (FFA, 2v2, 4v4, BTB, MLG, that is ALL).
>
> - It needs to be more than a single playlist.
>
> - It should be faithful to the original design of the game (not over-customized, alienating the default players), yet remain very balanced and competitive to be a proper measure of skill.
>
> - The ranks don’t have to be the “1-50 or 100 system”, (even though it would be GREAT for a lot of players) but it HAS to be simple, clear, visible or “reflected” on the player’s nameplate OR global progression in some manner, at all times when connected to Xbox LIVE. That was the biggest downfall of the Arena; no incentive to get high ranks and show them off, as the Divisions were hidden in the depths of the complex Service Record.
>
> - It has to allow players to get FAIR matches with and against people of SIMILAR SKILL, so that even the less competitive players can have a good time and not get spawn-killed over and over by a full team of pros.
>
> - It needs to have a bottom and ceiling in terms of ranking. What this means is that a player’s ranking shouldn’t grow forever even though they keep progressing. It should become limited or “maxed out” to still allow them to find matches, and give players an reachable goal.
>
> - It should be almost unexploitable, yet limit grieving (betrayal for weapons and such). Therefore, it can’t be too stat-oriented, unless there is a high incentive on teamwork (assists, etc).
>
> - It should have reasonable search times! Another one of the Arena’s downfall. Perhaps widen the skill gap for match-ups if population becomes VERY LOW.
>
> - Be creative, <mark>ask us</mark> if needed!
>
> Please, 343. Do not overlook this. I believe you will suceed in making a great game, faithful to the Halo experience, but with your own touch. But this, (having proper Ranked hoppers) is what will keep the game alive and strong in numbers for a long time to come online, like Halo 3 was, and Reach when Arena was good.
>
> Thank you for reading.

Link to old post

1. The importance of EXP and XP per playlist = longevity

It’s Simple really in Halo 3 you got xp in what ever playlist you played in IF YOU WON
Each win was equal to 1 xp point in THAT PLAYLIST it doesn’t really show SKILL but more dedication to that playlist or maybe just time played in said playlist
Or maybe Rank per playlist kind of like were you stand vs. others in that playlist

It has No impact on overall SKILL

<mark>Examples</mark>
Team Slayer - 550 xp
BigTeambattle - 300 xp
Zombies - 146556 xp
MLG - 23 xp

Its something that will keep people coming back because each game they Rank up in that playlist a little more …

ALSO with adding xp back into the game we could see.
Double Xp weekends Again as they were EPIC

I called in Sick to work for the DAY just to play RANKED living dead
people loved these kinds of thing’s

Double EXP Weekend Playlists

Just to name a few
<mark>Both Ranked and Social</mark>

■-Grifball - (Social and ranked)

■-Living Dead - (Social and Ranked)

■-Legendary Brawl - (Ranked)

■-Mythic Brawl - (Ranked)

■-3 Ball - (Social)

■-Fiesta - (Social)

■-Rocket Race - (Social)

Over all adding XP and EXP per playlist is a much better system then the SR system we had with HALO 4

Give me your thoughts on this for the next HALO
[/quote]
Link to old post

1. PLAYER cards customization

> Gamercard: The information box that appears next to a player when you highlight them in the game lobby. For example the gamercard in Halo: Reach displays the players spartan model and info such as armory completion %, daily/weekly challenges completed, and commendation %.
>
> One feature I think could really add some longevity and immersion to the Halo 4 experience is personal gamer cards that each player gets to customize with whatever information they want.
>
> For example: Let’s say I am a player who focuses on having a high K/D, that would be one of the stats i could have listed on my gamer card.
> Another example: I personally love to forge my own maps, you could have your map and the number of downloads or average rating players give your map.
>
> It’s basically like the “gamer card” from Halo: Reach that displays your spartan model and stats such as Armory Completion %, Commendation %, etc. Except you would get to choose what information is displayed. Before each match I personally like to look at what unique stats each player in the lobby might have, only problem is I am most likely looking at the wrong stats and don’t have enough time to scour through the entirety of their stats.
>
> And it would be awesome if they gave you a huge list of different things you could have displayed such as number of a certain medal you get alot, or the number grunts you’ve killed in the campaign, etc.
>
> I really do believe this would pique many of the players interest in the game and allow players to be much more involved in the game. If you agree or disagree please post and explain why.
>
> Edit: Thanks everybody who has supported this idea so far, and I’m loving all the input so far!
>
> But this idea needs MOAR SUPPORT!!! So please people, if you want this feature in the game, leave a quick comment to express that, and thanks in advanced! : D

link to old post

1. Even more customization fro players

So my idea is simple but i think it would add a lot to the customization to people’s Spartans like changing the color and armor and such …

as the Halo games have progressed the amount of things you can customize on you Spartan’s have gotten a little better with each game.
-color
-different armor
-change of visor color
-name plates
you get the idea

Idea as you rank up / get credits / EXP {not sure what one HALO 5? will use} you unlock new weapons for you spartan to hold such as HALO 3 had an AR-- HALO REACH has a DMR And HALO 5? could have all of them as you rank up unlock the hammer or needler, sniper the list goes on and on, so when other people look/click on your Spartan they see the weapon you have chosen { NOT TO USE IN THE GAME JUST FOR LOOKS}

and Halo 5? could be any kind of weapon that you see fit i think people would really like this idea and it would inspire people to reach that next level / rank to unlock the weapon the like the most.

link to old post

1. Making HALO accessible

> Making Halo Accessible - Part One
>
>
> The attitude that 343 has shown towards Halo multiplayer has made it evidently clear that widespread, traditional Halo gameplay is a thing of the past and will probably never again exist in a state other than one or two playlists. Many of the core tenants of the series were modified or removed for the sake of fulfilling a studio-wide goal of increasing accessibility. Calling for the return of pre-Reach multiplayer is a fools errand at this point, but I think that 343 can do several things to improve their future games without deviating from the course that they have set for themselves.
>
>
> Making the Story Accessible
>
>
> There’s no denying that 343 has tried to really flesh out the Halo universe, even if you disagree with their approaches. Campaign and Spartan Ops in Halo 4 have adopted ambitious stories, but there’s an inconsistency. Correct me if I’m wrong, but all of the content relating to Spartan Ops can be found in the mode itself, whereas the Campaign has content (terminals) that exists in Halo Waypoint. Will the average everyday player know exactly where to go if they want to gain some background information on what’s happening in the game? Perhaps, but the danger of alienating potential audience members would be reduced if this content were available in-game. It would be a shame to see a well-crafted story remain fragmented. I think it would a good idea if, for the future, priority is given to ensuring that all story elements are available to players in-game so that they can experience them as they play through non-multiplayer modes.
>
>
> Making Ranks Accessible
>
>
> Like the story, player progression and development should not be left out of the location where players will spend most of their time: in the game. I don’t doubt that 343 wants to engage everyday players their own career, but will everyday players be motivated to regularly switch between game and Halo Waypoint just to see how they advanced from the previous match? Why not have that information available in both locations?
>
> I get that 343 and the new Halo crowd are terrified of boosting, cheating and the inherent elitism that comes with in-game skill-based ranks. However, that’s just one side of the coin. It’s important to remember that said ranks have proven themselves to be one of the most powerful mechanics in increasing player retention and motivating players to truly invest themselves in the game and their performance.
>
> There are people today, in 2013, who still commit themselves to Halo 3 for the purpose of trying to get closer to a 50. If you look at Halo 3 streams on Twitch, you see MLG pros playing now and then. You see people going on perfect 50 runs. Visible skill-based ranks next to your gamertag in the lobby just CAN’T be ignored.
>
> When cheating in Halo 3 began to accelerate, there were upstanding community members who dedicated their time to provide evidence of derankers, DDoSers and boosters in general. Although labeling people out on forums will remain as a rule violation, I don’t doubt that these types of community members would gladly help out again if it meant the return of in-game ranks. 343 could establish a formal service for evidence and player name submission. With the feedback provided by players in this service, sustenance team members could evaluate instances involving foul play and take the appropriate action to keep matchmaking clean. This way, visible skill-based ranks could exist in the game without rampant abuse.
>
>
> Making Functionality Accessible
>
>
> From what I’ve gathered from player feedback as well as videos and screenshots, there is a great amount of disdain towards Halo 4’s UI. It goes without saying that if people are spending less time in a lobby trying to locate settings or features, they’ll probably be spending more time actually playing the game, which can only be a good thing. Decide on what the most important and commonly used tools are (active roster, custom game options, file browser, etc.) and make them available without forcing the user to traverse multiple menus.
>
> This doesn’t just apply to the game’s UI though - it also applies to the HUD. If someone picks up the flag, I seriously doubt that they need to see text on the screen telling them that they’re carrying the flag. If 343 removes the extraneous clutter that doesn’t add any value to the game, players will be able to focus more on what they’re doing, making the gameplay more accessible. This might seem trivial, but if it’s pointless, there’s no need to have it. On the flipside, important elements like the red X should be available from the get-go because they relay important information regarding player movement and enable gamers to make important decisions (don’t push up on a map if you see tons of red Xs - hang back and wait for them to respawn before making a move). Having the most critical details front and centre is the way to get players more involved in the game.

“CH4MP10N 573V3N”
Making Halo Accessible - Part Two

Making Gameplay Accessible

For me, the most confusing part of 343’s design logic was that they wanted to make the multiplayer more accessible for everyone, but they ended up introducing gameplay-affecting unlocks. When everyone spawned with the same weapons and grenades, the only main discrepancies that existed amongst everyone were player skill, networking conditions, map spawn locations and so on. With gameplay-affecting unlocks, new players have to content with others who are not only better at the game, but who also have more tools at their disposal. It would seem that the gameplay introduced by 343 is more inaccessible than accessible.

To try and remedy this problem, gameplay-affecting unlocks should be removed entirely. However, the functionality associated with those unlocks doesn’t need to be removed. Instead, it should be contained in a way that affects all players equally. For example, things like the fast track package could probably be translated to a special event like a double XP weekend. This would give players something to look forward to and allow players to reap the benefits without compromising their loadouts.

Now, I don’t play Halo 4, so I don’t profess to be very smart when it comes to understanding support upgrades and the other tactical packages. I’m not entire sure what the ideal solution for keeping these elements without making them be unlockables is, but the people at 343 are smart and I’m sure that they could figure one out, reinforcing Halo’s past image as an industry leader.

In terms of the basic elements of loadouts (primary weapon, secondary weapon and grenades), I think that a regression is in order. Specifically AND FOR MATCHMAKING ONLY, loadouts should return to the way they were in Reach where each element was dictated by the gametype rather than by the player choice. This increases predictability, but also creates the opportunity for frustrating gameplay (I’m looking at you, AR starts). Ultimately, it’s up to 343 to ensure that forced loadouts in core gametypes like Slayer and CTF empower players without sacrificing balance. For example, if 343 were to keep both the BR and DMR in their next game, BR-start loadouts would let players be able to defend themselves off spawn and at range, but not be able to cross-map with the DMR. The modifications that 343 has made to weapons like the assault rifle and the needler convince me that people would not just drift towards the utility weapons automatically (since those guns can hold their own in their respective ranges). If the sandbox is designed properly, player choice won’t be limited, but players will have a better idea of what to expect from their enemies at the start of a game.

“CH4MP10N 573V3N”
Making Halo Accessible - Part Three

Making Stats Accessible

This is also largely related to the situation facing ranks. I find it incredibly baffling that players have to sign into the Waypoint website to view their Halo 4 stats. I understand that 343 wants to make the entire Halo Waypoint platform an integral component of the Halo experience, but the current system alienates players who want to view their careers without making an account. Not only that, but the stats app is loaded with information to the point where trying to find something in particular can be slow and time-consuming, making the whole process less accessible.

In my opinion, 343 did a very good job with their Reach service record design on Waypoint. You don’t need to sign in and only account-specific details (tag history, downloads, etc.) are restricted to people who aren’t signed in. The Reach service records offer stats regarding game history, weapons, enemies and all other essentials on the main tab. Best of all, working with the Reach service record is not slow or frustrating due to clutter. Signed in users should continue to be offered the services like downloads and custom challenges, but for the future, let everything else be available to the public, or give users an option to hide their stats to non-signed in members if they don’t want to attract lurkers. Halo Waypoint can continue to be the hub for all things Halo, but loosened sign-in restrictions can help players pay more attention to their progress.

LINK to old post

1. The Appeal of Equipment

> I want to talk about why equipment appeals to me and why I think Armor Abilities should become equipment in Halo 5.
> Equipment was close to perfect in my opinion. I never really found it to be overpowered, and it respected the gameplay principles that Halo had established.
>
> If you are a fan of AA’s and don’t quite understand the appeal of equipment, then please read on…
>
>
> The Adrenaline Rush
> I still remember running for the Bubble shield on Valhalla and getting that horrible (but awesome) feeling that I was going to be sniped or lasered before I could reach it. Then I would get it and it would be such an adrenaline rush and such a relief to know I was safe.
> You just don’t get that with AA’s. If only they could be on the map and you had an adventure and a bit of risk to get to them.
> You would also appreciate them more as they would be limited and only a one time use.
>
> Imagine, for example, that autosentry was on top of the hill in Ragnarok as a pickup. You could run to it, deploy it quickly and then run to cover, getting ready to shoot the enemies as they approached.
> It would be an adrenaline rush to know that someone was possibly running to do the same thing.
>
>
> Balance and Competitiveness
> From a competitive point of view, equipment is more balanced and created opportunity for more skill to be used.
> When equipment is placed on the maps, only one player can have each individual equipment at a time, whereas with AA’s, everyone will have something at all times.
> In this sense, the benefit of equipment is that players will have to fight for it, which creates more room for competitiveness.
>
> Give Me That! That’s My Equipment!
>
> Another cool thing about equipment is that you can chase a player that has taken something that you wanted to get. It’s that lighthearted competitiveness that I love. GRR GIVE ME BACK MY TRIP MINE!
> Just another thing that AA’s don’t allow for, there’s a sense of vulnerability and protectiveness that is lost when you know you will always have it.
>
>
> Value vs Variety
> With equipment, there will be less people using it throughout the game, meaning less chaos. I hate to use this example over and over, but think Team Rockets vs Team Slayer on a map that has Rockets on it.
> How much more do you value the Rockets when you have picked them up in a normal Slayer game, than you do in Team Rockets? Well, compare that with Armor Abilities, and is it any wonder that they are so unappreciated as they are? Think of the potential.
>
> I know that one of the reasons people have for liking AA’s as loadouts, is that there is more variety in the gameplay when everyone is using different AA’s all the time.
> I think of the gameplay as more colourful in this way, just as Fiesta is naturally more colourful than Slayer, or slightly more colourful than Infinity.
> But on the other hand, we have the higher value that we give to equipment due to it not making an appearance during almost every encounter. As people in favour of equipment over AA’s, we appreciate this ‘value’ aspect far more than any variety that AA’s create for the game.
>
>
> Map Movement
> Another positive gameplay element which equipment encourages, is map movement. In order to get to the equipment, we have to safely make our way there. It’s like a little adventure filled with possible risks along the way (as I mentioned earlier). Going for the equipment moves people around the maps in ways that are not encouraged as much with AA’s. You don’t have to plan a journey somewhere if you have it by default.
>
>
> Customize Your Game Plan
> This is something that isn’t often talked about, but is something that happens in my head which made Halo more fun for me.
> With weapons, powerups and equipment placed on the maps, you get to plan your game as you are waiting to get started. You can say to yourself (or your team), “right, first I’m going to follow this route and do these jumps to quickly get to ability x, then I’m going to run to the base and get in position to defend…”
> It’s fun to have a little plan and to see how it works out, and you can always come up with new plans in your head to see how well they work.
> Map pickups only work to enhance that side of Halo. You could almost say they they create more “customization” options for your game plan.
>
>
> Creativity
> The final advantage I believe that equipment has over AA’s is that, due to appearing more rarely during encounters and having to be fought for, it would give 343 the opportunity to be far more creative with the equipment.
> They wouldn’t have to be worrying about balance in exactly the same way as with AA’s. They wouldn’t be as restricted with what they can do with equipment.
> In the future, I would like to see abilities/equipment be taken to new levels that we haven’t seen before. I want new toys to play with and I don’t want them to be limited to what will work as loadouts.
> As much as people like to think that keeping AA’s as loadouts will be more new and fresh for Halo, I really think that in order to move forward and go to new places, they need to first be put back on the maps.
>
> I hope this gives a good idea of why I believe equipment/map pickups are a better option for the future Halo games.

Link to old post

Skimmed through it and I agree on the most parts.

Great job collecting together some well written posts FUNZBOB.

I agreed with everything up to AA’s/Equipment - I was in the ‘keep AA’s’ camp until I read Jazzi man’s creativity argument for equipment and that actually changed my mind.

> I would like weapons to spawn statically (similar to Halo CE - spawn times will be unaffected by when players pick weapons up) on the maps in ordnance pods (purely visual, should the map maker want to visually separate normal weapons from power weapons at a glance), and for a “power weapon” tag to be added in forge (more on this later). In addition to this I wish to see an otherwise unused button on the controller (think flashlight from Halo CE etc) be given the following function:
>
> Trigger a vision mode in which the waypoints become visible over the spawn point of every weapon (and vehicle for that matter) with the “power weapon” tag on the map. Each waypoint would consist of the weapon’s HUD icon next to a timer, both above a downward arrow. The timer would constantly be counting down until the next weapon spawn, and this would be static and unaffected by player actions so that players can naturally work out something such as sniper rifles spawn every other odd minute etc.
> The weapon’s icon and the arrow on the waypoint would be constant, regardless of whether the weapon is out of play, at its spawn point, or taken by a player. This allows new players to learn the timers and locations of weapons without giving away information such as whether or not the weapon has just been taken in the way that existing ordnance markers do by disappearing when their weapon is claimed.
>
> In addition this ensures that all players have enough guidance and knowledge in order to make maps flow the way they’re expected to by the designers - there will be conflict over a rocket launcher in the 30 seconds or so leading up to it spawning. This actively teaches players how to play the game rather than just dropping them into a mixed pool of people all with varying knowledge of the game’s underlying features.
> By not hiding things from players they can experience the deeper aspects of Halo multiplayer without having to spend hours memorising timers; people who do know this stuff no longer have to be as frustrated by getting matched with new players on their team and the game is made to be more accessible for everyone with the only casualty being a small knowledge gap between really bad or new players and their more experienced opponents should they be matched up together. We’d all actually be playing the same game and the frequency of seeing one guy sit in the same spot for three minutes straight because he knows a Rocket Launcher spawns here but has no idea when it will spawn should fall dramatically.
>
> Finally - weapons could still be placed normally on maps, and I would encourage basic weapons to be placed as such as they’re not as crucial to the outcome of a game. But I would recommend placing power weapons in Ordnance and tagging them as such in order to give everyone the best visual distinction and impress on new players the idea that “this weapon/location is important”.
>
> tl;dr: I want weapons on the map, but I think the system could be improved in a way to benefit everyone.

Link to old postHERE

> I’ve come today because after reading an article, I’ve come to realize that many people, including but not limited to video game analysts, writers, and perhaps even people who work at 343 might not understand what is “wrong” with 343’s redefined Halo experience. I want to clear things up for some people.
>
> I have been around the series since the day Halo 2 launched, but also have gone back to CE, and I have excessive MP experience with the series (I’d estimate around 50k online games total), but I’ve also played each Campaign a dozen times each. I’ve come to realize that more often than not, a lot of people seem to agree with my views on Halo and I hope that most of the people who have been around since at least Halo 3’s prime will understand how it makes sense.
>
> Let’s start with the beginning.
>
> 343 has made it clear to us that it was intended to drastically change the MP experience of Halo. How, not so much. Just made the changes, a lot of videos explaining what changed and then came the launch.
>
> A lot of us didn’t like what we saw, but thought “hey, might as well give it a try” and for the most part, the experience was nowhere near as great as expected. It’s hard to cover every single thing, so I’ll cover the important points and explain what needs to change and give a very understandable reason behind it.
>
> If you don’t understand why I’m doing this, it’s simple. The peak concurrent users on the latest Halo title has never been so low. It’s just not popular. Of course, no one is forcing you to care; you can just forget about it and let it tank for the next release or two and call it quits in the most embarrassing manner… or you can correct the shot and be remembered as something good for one of the best video games ever created.
>
> Most of us still care, most of us will hop right away on a good game, no matter how outdated the concepts seem. Halo 3’s “re-release” has shown us that. But it is a critical time. It’s been said over and over, and I hope I can help enlighten the people who don’t necessarily have as much experience with the series.
>
> Here’s something I posted somewhere else. I’ve detailed it to post it on here.
>
> Go back to what the last thing that has worked was. To where the last growth in Halo was.
>
> Halo 3.
>
> What did it do right?
>
> Ranked vs Social
> A lot less frustration around the Matchmaking aspect in general. Competitive people get competitive matches with their 50s to brag about. People who don’t care about that don’t have to, get fast matches and are able to have fun in casual games!
>
> Progression System which rewards winners [EXP] and scales with skill, not one that holds your hand
> Because most people will leave in the middle of a game if there’s no reason to win. Because of grieving. Because Halo 4’s SR system was too simple to beat.
>
> WEEKLY bonuses [Double EXP weekends with awesome modes, but not ones that should be permanent]
> OK, let’s face it. Little people want to run Mini Slayer games 24/7 (bad pun) but as an occasional thing, it’s awesome and super fun. It brings people back EVERY weekend because it’s a fun change and worth the time. [++ population]
>
> Cosmetic customization revolving around achievements
> Because it is the best incentive out there to get stuff done, rather than grind or boost through the progression system.
> NOTE: Cosmetic. Armor, etc. Don’t unlock weapons. Weapon skins tied to your character (E.G. when picking up a weapon) would be an awesome concept.
>
> Forge Mode
> Now this is something you’ve been doing right. Taking the existing features and building upon them to make it even better! THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED, BUT ACROSS THE GAME. Just make sure the game can handle the performance needed.
>
> Theater Mode that supports Campaign (important as hell for speedrunners, easter eggs, general interest, content)
> This is the reason why almost no one did Spartan Ops or stuff in the Campaign post-launch. You can’t save your shenanigans, can’t make awesome content, routes, etc.
>
> File Sharing system
> Make it work pre-game – at the vote / veto screen – that’s how most files went around! Bring back the tile design for it
>
> Custom Games options should ALWAYS get more and more with each title, never less
> I would hope you got the message with Halo 4.
>
> Arena-based balance more than ever
> Smaller maps, even weapon starts, no AAs, no rock-paper-scissors 1v1 encounters. Skill. Two men enter, better man leaves. Scrap EVERYTHING that doesn’t pertain to making it an Arena shooter. Remove it from default modes. Loadouts, AAs, Sprint, Flinch vs. Descope, unlockable weapons and non-cosmetics.
>
> Loadouts are acceptable when:
>
> Everyone has access to a balanced selection of them, and when the maps are BIG. It can work in BTB, Invasion and borderline Dominion. Anything else, never.
>
> And loadouts removed the incentive to go around the map to pick up important items. Need to blow up the Warthog? Go grab the PP and stickies and go in. It makes no sense to – as an individual – spawn with a PERFECT counter for a POWER ITEM that requires MULTIPLE people to use. It’s a horrid concept. You don’t need to know the map, it’s overpowered, and it’s frustrating!
>
> Please read the following, over and over if you have to, but it is crucial that you understand it.
>
> Halo was born in an Arena shooter, and was the most popular one at that. Halo is not popular for being “Halo”. It will never be a popular “generic modern shooter”. It needs to remain true to its genre to be popular.
>
>
> Admit that it was a screw up to listen to the ideas of people who wanted to redefine traditional Halo, because it will not work.
>
> Don’t listen to some random execs or people who have come from other franchises with no experience related to Halo. If you want to replicate another game, look at the older Halo games. They were popular for a reason. And if I can list this stuff alone, imagine what all of us can do.
>
> You need to realize and accept the fact that us, the players, have EXPONENTIALLY more experience with the franchise than you guys. Even some of us might have more online games played than your entire studios combined. Sure some people do not know for crap how to voice their complaints and come off as arrogant jerks, but get past it, and look for the real message.
>
> Some people do love Halo to no end and are frustrated, feel betrayed. You need to sympathize with the situation and understand where these people are coming from.
>
> You need to ask us what works and what doesn’t, instead of shoving everything that’s a new concept in our faces. Ask us how to address X issue in the bulletin; then make a thread for it.
>
> Take Halo 3’s ranks for instance; boosting is a major issue. What could we do? Remove the negative TrueSkill influence towards ranking up.
>
> Best part is that you can do that for everything. Just make sure it’s a relevant issue for people.
>
> Stuff like Ricochet is the awesome kind of new! A lot of people like these new interesting modes, and this is the kind of stuff we need as “new things”. Not excessive core changes. New fun things that doesn’t break or remove existing content.
> Simple enough?

Link to the OP

F U N Z B O B, don’t forget my suggest to adjust sound settings like music, voice, effects, and UI.

There’s a difference between making a compilation of threads that are just links, index style, and then reposting thread OP’s entirely. This is a bit much as it is essentially reposting threads.