Fun Social game mode idea

Hey guys i have an idea. Lets say there are 16 total players in a map. The map changes colors from blue, red, yellow, green. Everytime the map changes colors, the 16 players will change colors randomly. So lets say after 15 seconds the map changes to blue, then 5 players are randomly changed to blue. Now you have to kill the players that are the same color as the map. Every 15 seconds the map changes colors aswell as random number of players become that color, so your friends become your enemies and vice versa. Two people would chase you , because you are the target, and then the color changes and they become the targets. Sometimes youll have 15 against 1. And other times youll have 6 against 10. I feel like this game mode would be epic and a stress reliever from arena!

That’d be very confusing and difficult to implement.

So basically a SPARTAN hide and seek with individual scores and a bit of team play?

Not my cup of tea but maybe it could be a pass of time for some.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> That’d be very confusing and difficult to implement.

Not confusing at all! Halo 3 forge had this thing that changes the mood and color of the map. Think of it like this:
Game starts and map is red, 7 players are red and everyone else is a random color. Everybody tries to kill those red colored players but at the same time they are hard to find because they blend in with the map! None reds cant be killed with friendly fire. And since the map and players change color every 15 seconds, people are comstantly switching targets! First person to reach 50 wins!

> 2533274890014309;3:
> So basically a SPARTAN hide and seek with individual scores and a bit of team play?
>
> Not my cup of tea but maybe it could be a pass of time for some.

Exactly!!! Thats why its a social game lol

> 2533274826138771;4:
> > 2535429593088083;2:
> > That’d be very confusing and difficult to implement.
>
> Not confusing at all! Halo 3 forge had this thing that changes the mood and color of the map. Think of it like this:
> Game starts and map is red, 7 players are red and everyone else is a random color. Everybody tries to kill those red colored players but at the same time they are hard to find because they blend in with the map! None reds cant be killed with friendly fire. And since the map and players change color every 15 seconds, people are comstantly switching targets! First person to reach 50 wins!

If in that situation reds would be the targets then would the target players be unarmed meaning they can only hide or would they be armed but their kills just wouldnt count?

That friendly fire off part implies the second option.

Also, you can quote multiple people in a 1 post.

How would you get points? I know this seems like a dumb question.

> 2533274808754416;7:
> How would you get points? I know this seems like a dumb question.

How i see it from OPs posts is that you can only get points when you are not the target color by killing the ones colored like the map while you wouldnt either get points as the target at all or from survival time.

The problem i see in that is the the possibility of unbalanced times as a target given cap in points and variation in match length but the same is for infection mode for example so it shouldnt be the biggest problem.

Id say just give us juggernaut gamemode back

yes but 15 seconds is way to short. make it at least 30-45 seconds. also what happen if you kill a guy who’s the wrong color? do you lose a point? if so I think this is a great idea because you’ll have to think before engaging some guy if there’s only like 3 seconds left unless you’ve got a power weapon or have confidence in your skills.

> 2533274808754416;7:
> How would you get points? I know this seems like a dumb question.

i assume it’d be based on an individual score so there’d be 1 winner

Be pretty cool to have mini slayer to return

It seems like a unique game mode you thought up. I would certainly play it if it existed. Cool idea. :slight_smile:

> 2533274826138771;1:
> Hey guys i have an idea. Lets say there are 16 total players in a map. The map changes colors from blue, red, yellow, green. Everytime the map changes colors, the 16 players will change colors randomly. So lets say after 15 seconds the map changes to blue, then 5 players are randomly changed to blue. Now you have to kill the players that are the same color as the map. Every 15 seconds the map changes colors aswell as random number of players become that color, so your friends become your enemies and vice versa. Two people would chase you , because you are the target, and then the color changes and they become the targets. Sometimes youll have 15 against 1. And other times youll have 6 against 10. I feel like this game mode would be epic and a stress reliever from arena!

I liked your idea!