Fun has been takin away for "looks"

Been a halo fan player and hogjumper since the days before Xbox live .

How does 343 expect halo 5 to keep a good population and reputation with so many blunders

E3 was weak and very little cared for it

No split screen at all

Little customization

No elites

No firefight

NO FUN

What next ? Online only campaign ?

No custom games?

No lobbies?

Hell at this point 343 seems to care more about stupid 60 frames that it’s gotten rid of more features than its given .

Looking at what’s been shown, there looks like there’s going to be lots of fun :slight_smile:

60 FPS is necessary for the game engine to run at all. If the frame rate drops, the entire game slows down to compensate. It’s a decision they’re not happy about either, given they had been planning to implement it from the beginning.

And no, there is no “what’s next” given that it’s a slippery slope fallacy. Online only campaign has no logical reason to exist.

Also, fun is subjective. I had a blast playing the beta.

From what have seen man, I say that is going to fun and interesting. Maybe you should play the game and then say if it is fun or not.

> 2535414702608740;1:
> Been a halo fan player and hogjumper since the days before Xbox live .
>
> How does 343 expect halo 5 to keep a good population and reputation with so many blunders
>
> E3 was weak and very little cared for it Obviously untrue otherwise there wouldn’t be so many people who are excited
>
> No split screen at all
>
> Little customization Just as much as Halo 3 + weapon and vehicle skins, custom assassinations, and stances
>
> No elites Were omitted to prevent making them hunchback weirdos so that the hitboxes were similar to Spartans, and to keep the Multiplayer balanced
>
> No firefight Was only featured in two games which were spinoffs and wasn’t in Halo 4 so you can’t say they really “removed” itNO FUN Disagree flat-out

Halo 5 looks great and fun

No lobbies??? What does that even mean? Lmao stop looking for reasons to criticize 343 and just enjoy the game like the rest of us will come November.

No fun? So a squad based campaign, 24 player MP, amped up arena mode, spectator mode, 60 fps, blue team, breakout, and equal starts in arena are no fun? Whaaaaat?

I had a lot of fun playing the Beta and I’m sure I will have a lot of fun playing the final game. Warzone looks like a lot of fun especially since I LOVE B&B. Especially BTB Heavies.

60 fps is a must for modern shooters, going back and playing halo reach is near impossible for me because it feels so sluggish.
Beside that the beta was a lot of fun, with this logic Halo 1 and 2 must have sucked because they didn’t have firefight or armor customization.
As much as it sucks; split screen players are very much the minority, look at all the games that have or will come out in the next three years, now how many have split screen? It’s a dying feature.

> 2533274835229788;7:
> No lobbies??? What does that even mean? Lmao stop looking for reasons to criticize 343 and just enjoy the game like the rest of us will come November.

It’s actually October not November its release date is Oct 27th

And OP I have a few words that might make you fear me jk but stop it. Halo 5 is the best game ever and will be the greatest game ever

The reasoning that was given by a former Bungie employee who wanted to cut split screen from Halo 3 was that when you have multiple players running to opposite ends of the maps with AI spawning, multiple sound channels. graphics rendering, etc., etc., it would likely crash or wreck the frame rate.

And during the Halo 3 days, more people were still playing a lot of split screen, so instead of cutting it (I think they just wanted to cut the 4 player split screen and leave it at 2, but still) what happened was, they ended up limiting what they would be able to put in the game in terms of level size, enemy AI, textures, etc.

Which is surprising because Halo 3 looked amazing at the time and had some pretty large, open, chaotic battles.

And 343 is trying to lock it in at 60fps, which is double what the 360 could do, so even though I personally would rather there be split screen, I do understand why they did it.

It looks the funniest Halo game to date for me. Warzone for fun and Arena for competition, just awesome.

It actually looks like it’ll be the most fun of the Halo games.

> 2535414702608740;1:
> Been a halo fan player and hogjumper since the days before Xbox live .
>
> How does 343 expect halo 5 to keep a good population and reputation with so many blunders
>
> E3 was weak and very little cared for it
>
> No split screen at all
>
> Little customization
>
> No elites
>
> No firefight
>
> NO FUN
>
> What next ? Online only campaign ?
>
> No custom games?
>
> No lobbies?
>
> Hell at this point 343 seems to care more about stupid 60 frames that it’s gotten rid of more features than its given .

Sadly true, seems 343i are setting us up mostly for disappointment.

> 2533274829873463;16:
> > 2535414702608740;1:
> > Been a halo fan player and hogjumper since the days before Xbox live .
> >
> > How does 343 expect halo 5 to keep a good population and reputation with so many blunders
> >
> > E3 was weak and very little cared for it
> >
> > No split screen at all
> >
> > Little customization
> >
> > No elites
> >
> > No firefight
> >
> > NO FUN
> >
> > What next ? Online only campaign ?
> >
> > No custom games?
> >
> > No lobbies?
> >
> > Hell at this point 343 seems to care more about stupid 60 frames that it’s gotten rid of more features than its given .
>
>
> Sadly true, seems 343i are setting us up mostly for disappointment.

I don’t think I can take the constant whining about Halo 5 anymore tbh. Thinking about staying in the Universe section of the forums until launch. Everyone has their right to voice concerns of course but this is ridiculous.

Halo 5 will have more customization than any Halo before it. -Yoink- we will even be able to costumize vehicles now. That is FUN.

4 player coop build from ground up? FUN
Warzone mode? FUN
Free DLC? FUN
60 fps? FUN
Dedicated servers for everything? FUN

Most of these “fun” things you listed are just looks. Who cares if you don’t have great armor customization? You can’t even see yourself playing unless you’re dead.
Split screen is a viable argument, and the “it’s 2015 split screen isn’t necessary” rebuttal is kinda weak, but I’m not gonna fight for split screen.

where is the “no custom games” thing coming from? Didn’t they basically confirm customs by saying you could disable sprint in custom games?? Am I missing something here?