fully automatic weapons need damage buff

Th fully automatic weapons need to be able to compete with the br and the dmr so the sandbox isnt broken like all the other halo games. It would add more variety.

Keep the damage the same. Give a 2x damage multiplier for headshots after shields pop.

What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.

> What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.

In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.

The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.

If by buff you mean completely removing them from all matchmaking then sure!

> > What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.
>
> In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.
>
> The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.

But that’s the point. They already have limited range and no one burst-fires up close to make all the shots hit. Automatics are meant to be powerful up close.

The AR looks like it could use a buff but the Storm Rifle on the other hand looks fantastic as is.

Return 60 bullets to the AR clip. That’s it really.

> > > What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.
> >
> > In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.
> >
> > The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.
>
> But that’s the point. They already have limited range and no one burst-fires up close to make all the shots hit. Automatics are meant to be powerful up close.

Yes, but they shouldn’t have the same damage output for half the effort required to kill.

If the magnetism is lowered, than yes. If not, just give it the headshot bonus.

after what happened to gears 3 I’ll never want anything like that to happen again.

I must agree with SitiriStahl

Not the storm rifle, but the assault rifle needs a buff.

> > > > What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.
> > >
> > > In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.
> > >
> > > The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.
> >
> > But that’s the point. They already have limited range and no one burst-fires up close to make all the shots hit. Automatics are meant to be powerful up close.
>
> Yes, but they shouldn’t have the same damage output for half the effort required to kill.

True, true. But, if bullet magnetism is lowered, I would appreciate bringing the AR back to it’s former glory.

> > > > > What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.
> > > >
> > > > In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.
> > > >
> > > > The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.
> > >
> > > But that’s the point. They already have limited range and no one burst-fires up close to make all the shots hit. Automatics are meant to be powerful up close.
> >
> > Yes, but they shouldn’t have the same damage output for half the effort required to kill.
>
> True, true. But, if bullet magnetism is lowered, I would appreciate bringing the AR back to it’s former glory.

Forget the old AR. It never had glory. My AR is your new friend now.

> > > > > > What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.
> > > > >
> > > > > In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.
> > > > >
> > > > > The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.
> > > >
> > > > But that’s the point. They already have limited range and no one burst-fires up close to make all the shots hit. Automatics are meant to be powerful up close.
> > >
> > > Yes, but they shouldn’t have the same damage output for half the effort required to kill.
> >
> > True, true. But, if bullet magnetism is lowered, I would appreciate bringing the AR back to it’s former glory.
>
> Forget the old AR. It never had glory. My AR is your new friend now.

Haha. But, would you like to increase the magazine count of YOUR AR to 48 rounds? I think that would be nice.

> > > > > > > What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.
> > > > >
> > > > > But that’s the point. They already have limited range and no one burst-fires up close to make all the shots hit. Automatics are meant to be powerful up close.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, but they shouldn’t have the same damage output for half the effort required to kill.
> > >
> > > True, true. But, if bullet magnetism is lowered, I would appreciate bringing the AR back to it’s former glory.
> >
> > Forget the old AR. It never had glory. My AR is your new friend now.
>
> Haha. But, would you like to increase the magazine count of YOUR AR to 48 rounds? I think that would be nice.

Nope. Not unless it was a machine gun that had very difficult-to-manage recoil.

> If by buff you mean completely removing them from all matchmaking then sure!

And give Halo’s weapon sandbox even less variety than it has now?

Get real.

OT: I’m sure 343i is working on a way to buff it up right.

I know they certainly got the sound effect right!!!

> > If by buff you mean completely removing them from all matchmaking then sure!
>
> And give Halo’s weapon sandbox even less variety than it has now?
>
> Get real.
>
>
> OT: I’m sure 343i is working on a way to buff it up right.
>
> I know they certainly got the sound effect right!!!

Implying that removing reskins would detract from variety.

> > > > > > What SitriStahl said, but a damage buff is needed. The AR, with only 32 rounds, might only barely kill two people MAX if all the bullets hit.
> > > > >
> > > > > In the current iteration(Reach), I think it kills in 20 shots. Giving it a 2x damage bonus for headshots after shields pop would bring it to a 16-shot kill. That is 2 perfect kills if you don’t spray.
> > > > >
> > > > > The problem with automatics is that giving them too much power would negate any weapon that isn’t automatic.
> > > >
> > > > But that’s the point. They already have limited range and no one burst-fires up close to make all the shots hit. Automatics are meant to be powerful up close.
> > >
> > > Yes, but they shouldn’t have the same damage output for half the effort required to kill.
> >
> > True, true. But, if bullet magnetism is lowered, I would appreciate bringing the AR back to it’s former glory.
>
> Forget the old AR. It never had glory. My AR is your new friend now.

You just cant fight optimism like that.

If full autos are buffed in general compared to the sad state they were in reach, Ill be happy. I saw the storm rifle make some sweet killing times, so im not as worried.