'FULL' button remapping

Hi,my GT is IX SNIPESTER XI. You can call me Snipester or Sam. I am not sure if any of the 343 workers will see this and if not help me make this topic more known. Anyways, the main point of this post is making sure halo 4 has custom button remapping. This will help a lot of people including handicapped gamers which will attract more people to this hopefully fantastic game. We would like to have ‘full’ button remapping. This means if we want to zoom with RB we can or if we want to shoot with a we can. This is an easy to put feature into the game and will make many happy. I personally play with bumper jumper just because i like to jump with LB but it always bugged me that i had my action button be B. Please spread this post and hopefully have someone at 343 respond to this. Think about how this will help you and help all the handicapped gamers in the world. Thank you for your time and please share.

This is a tricky subject.

Personally, I think that it would be a great addition. However, I have met people who harshly criticize this idea because they think that it would give certain players the advantage. These are the same players that tell me that Bumper Jumper gives too much of an advantage in Team Swat.

Again, I think it would be a great addition, but others may think differently.

Hmmmm, I see what you mean but people who talk about bumper jumper being to advantageous could use it but they don’t because of the other buttons it changes. If you could manipulate other buttons it will allow versatility and be more lenient towards these players. Anyways i get your POV.

I support this!! I’ve been hoping they would do this for so long!!

Hmmmm, I see what you mean but people who talk about bumper jumper being to advantageous could use it but they don’t because of the other buttons it changes. If you could manipulate other buttons it will allow versatility and be more lenient towards these players. Anyways i get your POV.

I don’t see a problem with this at all. Unless someone actually has a huge advantage over another person I think it would be fine.

No one can have i huge advantage since its just about personal preference :slight_smile:

Then let’s do it. I’ve always wanted to change a few things anyways.

Make it happen linky

> This is a tricky subject.
>
> Personally, I think that it would be a great addition. However, I have met people who harshly criticize this idea because they think that it would give certain players the advantage. These are the same players that tell me that Bumper Jumper gives too much of an advantage in Team Swat.
>
> Again, I think it would be a great addition, but others may think differently.

I can not comprehend this logic.

It makes no sense to me. It doesn’t give any player an advantage, because you can just copy their layout. Getting used to a new button layout takes a few days max, and it is something every single game does on a regular basis. How many games do you play that have the exact same layout?

Furthermore, if we are given a set number of options, there will be one layout that is best. It was bumper jumper in Halo 3, it was default or boxer in Halo 2.

Lastly, being good at Halo goes so monumentally deeper than a button layout that it is a moot point. period.

How come when I said the same thing nobody cared and my thread died… I literally just posted this same thing yesterday.

Anyway, I support it.

It is silly that it is not the current standard and this is an issue at all, totally support.

Thanks to everyone for the support and make sure that an employee sees this :slight_smile:

Not to be a downer or anything (i think this is a great idea) but why do people keep making threads or comments saying what they want to see in the game when they are already finished with it and are at the polishing stage in the game? it does not make sense lol… i guess you could hope for Halo 5.

> Not to be a downer or anything (i think this is a great idea) but why do people keep making threads or comments saying what they want to see in the game when they are already finished with it and are at the polishing stage in the game? it does not make sense lol… i guess you could hope for Halo 5.

well im pretty sure theyre still changing things… its still in alpha state and its not complete… they said that there are still things that have to bee added to the campaign missions (graphical details i assume)

and including free button mapping cant be a very big deal… its still more than 6 months till release! do you really think it would take more than that for such a big team to implement such a feature?

if they wanned to add it, they could.

This is a very easy function to add. Valve (the company that made portal) added it to its game using an update so this is easy to add

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. And while we’re at it, let me fully customize my look speed. Both Horizontal and Vertical speed, and Acceleration. Ability to turn on/off Aim Assist. More Customization = Happier Gamers.

Well I’m no designer. So I really don’t know. But I would think that this would be something that could be done even if the game was almost completely done. It would just be adding some programming or something like that I would think. It’s not changing anything.
Again I don’t really know.

> This is a tricky subject.
>
> Personally, I think that it would be a great addition. However, I have met people who harshly criticize this idea because they think that it would give certain players the advantage. These are the same players that tell me that Bumper Jumper gives too much of an advantage in Team Swat.
>
> Again, I think it would be a great addition, but others may think differently.

That has to be the most terrible argument I’ve heard against button remapping/switching controls. Bumper Jumper gives the advantage in swat? Who cares? It’s not like these people can’t switch their button layout if it seriously bothers them so much. And even if, IF, this were true, it gives certain players an advantage based on their play style, which is fine, because every button layout has advantages AND disadvantages.

Let’s look at Bumper Jumper vs. Default as just one example. With Bumper Jumper, I can melee, zoom in, jump, and throw grenades without ever taking my thumb off the thumbstick, however, I can’t say the same for using my AA. Default allows you to melee, zoom in, throw grenades, and use your armor ability without ever taking your thumb off the thumbstick, however, you can’t jump without taking your thumb off of the thumbstick. In short, Bumper Jumper gives players a slight advantage in strafe battles. However, on maps where vertical control is crucial (Sword Base, Uncaged, Reclection, etc.), and everybody and their grandma and their grandma’s dog is using jetpack, Bumper Jumper is a complete nightmare and Default is definitely at an advantage.

I say let us customize our button layouts, why shouldn’t we be able to adjust our controls to our play style? No matter which way you cut it, each custom layout will have its advantages, but it will also have its disadvantages.