Fuel Rod Gun Confirmed?

Latest news article has the images of the die cast toys. It shows the Halo 4 banshee, with a grunt with a fuel rod gun. Does this confirm it’s back?

Link

Any opinions would also be greatly appreciated

Yup, those are toys, alright.

It doesn’t confirm anything, but I would be very surprised if the Fuel Rod did not make a return.

The fuel rod should return and it should be seen more in MP. It’s one of those weapons that player’s know and love, but they never see enough of it.

Looks like the reach version as well as the banshee. It may be in, it may be out. Plasma Rifle was taken out so we know just because its been in halo forever doesn’t mean it will remain in Halo.

Only the hornet was said to be from Halo 3.

Therefore, Fuel Rod confirmed. as if there was any doubt.

Only the Plasma Pistol, Plasma rifle (up to H4), Energy sword, Needler, and Fuel rod have been in every halo game. Notice they are all from Halo CE.

There’s a Hornet in the same line… with what looks to be Halo 3 era figures. This makes the canonicity of the Fuel Rod difficult to determine. The fact that it’s with a Halo 4 era Banshee and in the hands of a Halo 4 era Grunt could mean it’s in though. Either way, good spot.

Thanks for all the comments and thanks. I thought as it was a Halo 4 banshee, it would be a realistic Halo 4 grunt. Either way, its very likely to be in.

> Only the hornet was said to be from Halo 3.
>
> Therefore, Fuel Rod confirmed. as if there was any doubt.
>
> Only the Plasma Pistol, Plasma rifle (up to H4), Energy sword, Needler, and Fuel rod have been in every halo game. Notice they are all from Halo CE.

If they weren’t from Halo:CE then they could hardly be in every Halo game then now could they?

On topic, I would be surprised and tiny bit disapointed if it wasn’t in.

It does not mean it is confirmed. Nothing is confirmed until 343i says so.

Do not listen to anyone here on the forum who says that something is confirmed. Nobody outside of 343i has the ability to say that “Well I saw X in Y, so therefor, it’s confirmed.”

However, it would appear as though it is very likely to be in Halo 4.

Nice catch! Can’t wait to see how the new FRG function in game!
I’m also excited to see the new hornet in game!

I’m sad to see that is the final H4 Banshee and not a Reach placeholder.