Frustrations with Infinite

Bots on ODST level are too accurate with the sidekick. At mid-range (BR’s niche), they laser me from across the map and kill me. The Sidekick is a sidearm pistol. This should not be possible. They’re firing it way too fast and accurately from that kind of range. Even when I hit all my headshots, I still die to the bots ridiculous accuracy with it. It’s like they get perfect kills every time, and we aren’t even on Spartan difficulty.

Every time I’m about to kill someone, even if I do 99% of the damage, I get an assist instead of the kill. It’s very annoying how a teammate can shoot one shot and get the kill I just about earned, without even putting in that much effort themselves.

The bots use grenades way too often and are stupidly accurate with them. Way more than they should be, especially for only ODST level. Seriously, they’re better than actual players and it’s annoying. They always use them instead of gunning you down, and then they die without them and immediately respawn with more grenades. It’s a frustrating cycle of explosions and a lack of actual shootouts.

Although this is subject to change, the awful performance and constant stuttering are really making this a chore to play. I’m amazed they released Bazaar without fixing the commonly-complained about hitching first. I’m not even going above 60FPS, so hitching is even worse. The map design is incredibly boring and e-sportsy. None of these maps have been asymmetrically styled like Halo 2 or Halo 3. Live Fire and Recharge feel like boring UNSC metal boxes™️ and Bazaar just feels boxy and boring in layout as well. There is nothing like Guardian or Damnation, here. Quite frankly, the only map that’s peaked my interest now is Behemoth, which isn’t even playable yet.

It is incredibly difficult to tell when an enemy has no shields or low shields, and tying the shield color to the outline makes this problem worse. This is going to be even worse when customization ramps up. They need to bring back the gold shield effects or do something to drastically increase the flare.

Customization itself is unimpressive. There’s very few base colors for when you start, and there aren’t even basic black or white coatings for free. Like, really, there’s so few basic color coatings compared to the amount in previous Halos that I am once again against the coating system. It is not making up for what it got rid of, at all.

The AI is annoying, and I want to be able to turn it off. I hate how it’s supposed to be “quirky and funny”. It’s annoying and makes me cringe when it tells me I’m accurate after I missed 3 bursts.

The motion tracker is terrible. I cannot find enemies on the map before most of my teammates due to there being no motion tracking unless an enemy is sprinting or shooting. It also means by the time I see enemies on my radar, I’m dead from an ambush. This is frustrating. You can’t “prepare” for gunfights anymore because your enemy has to be sprinting, which most of the time I don’t see the bots doing. This right here is probably my absolute BIGGEST problem with the gameplay right now.

The Heatwave needs a buff, by the way. It’s way too weak at close range and it feels like I’m shooting marshmallows sometimes.

The game is solid, but these issues are bugging the heck out of me and I am incredibly fed up with trying to play the game due to the performance.

I agree with some points, but I hard disagree with others.

> 2535439465255141;1:
> It is incredibly difficult to tell when an enemy has no shields or low shields, and tying the shield color to the outline makes this problem worse. This is going to be even worse when customization ramps up. They need to bring back the gold shield effects or do something to drastically increase the flare.
>
> Customization itself is unimpressive. There’s very few base colors for when you start, and there aren’t even basic black or white coatings for free. Like, really, there’s so few basic color coatings compared to the amount in previous Halos that I am once again against the coating system. It is not making up for what it got rid of, **at all.**The AI is annoying, and I want to be able to turn it off. I hate how it’s supposed to be “quirky and funny”. It’s annoying and makes me cringe when it tells me I’m accurate after I missed 3 bursts.
>
> …
>
> The Heatwave needs a buff, by the way. It’s way too weak at close range and it feels like I’m shooting marshmallows sometimes.

For what it is worth, and to start off on the right foot, I agree with all of this.

But for the rest, I have a hard time seeing eye-to-eye.

I actually think the bots are pretty damn well balanced. I have had plenty of times where the ODST bots shot me with the side kick multiple times while I was shielded without dying. There are times when they get a perfect kill on you, but that is not all of the time - which is how it should be because that is how it is against players. If they were that good, we would not be getting Steaktaculars every match.

I can see what you are saying with regards to their aim when they are clustered together. It feels artificial and they all target and instantly kill you because you are the only one they spot, but that is only a complaint for the beginning of the match.

As for grenades, that is just the typical Halo combat loop. If you have a hard time with bots, wait until you see the players. I get what you are experiencing, but that is just Halo, bots or not. There is an art to dodging grenades. Predicting where they go and timing when they explode is pretty difficult to master and I am not good at it either. But, at least by the description you provided, I cannot say for certain that is a bot problem per se.

I do not think the motion tracker is that bad. I am not sure how I feel about the lack of altitude tracking though. We had that since Reach and everyone seemed to like it or tolerate it more or less, but I have no problems immediately determining where enemies are when I turn towards a dot and do not see them. However, I do agree that it should track players who are running but not sprinting since the difference in speed is negligible.

As for the maps, I agree Live Fire is a bit of a generic three-lane map. But I quite enjoy Recharge. I like the verticality and holding points. I also like how the grapple hook plays on that map. I have yet to play Bazaar.

> Every time I’m about to kill someone, even if I do 99% of the damage, I get an assist instead of the kill. It’s very annoying how a teammate can shoot one shot and get the kill I just about earned, without even putting in that much effort themselves.

I think I have been pretty respectful (if you disagree, please say so) but when it comes to this, I just got to say: come on man, you know that is just how shooters work in general lol. Yeah, it sucks, but what do you expect the devs are going to do about that?

> As for grenades, that is just the typical Halo combat loop. If you have a hard time with bots, wait until you see the players. I get what you are experiencing, but that is just Halo, bots or not. There is an art to dodging grenades. Predicting where they go and timing when they explode is pretty difficult to master and I am not good at it either. But, at least by the description you provided, I cannot say for certain that is a bot problem per se.

I want to agree with you here, but I mean they are laser accurate with these things. There’s others complaining about it too, they’re just absurdly precise with them. I pretty much got headshotted by one, at one point. They also almost always use it, it feels like they’re completely incapable of defending themselves without them. They’re easy without grenades, but their grenade usage is so unrealistically precise, that it becomes hard to kill these, and they’re not even max level.

> I think I have been pretty respectful (if you disagree, please say so) but when it comes to this, I just got to say: come on man, you know that is just how shooters work in general lol. Yeah, it sucks, but what do you expect the devs are going to do about that?

Also yeah, I know, what I meant was this is happening way more often in Infinite than any other Halo I’ve played. It’s happening to a frankly ridiculous degree, and it isn’t fun. I’ve hit enemies straight on with the Gravity Hammer, yet I’ve gotten “Kill assist”. I just got off of a match where I was about to kill two enemies with one swing, and I hit them both deadon with it, and I got assists for both instead of the kills. I swear, something has to be wrong with the game there.

I honeslty dont think they are all that hard on odst actually. Harder and smarter then marine, yes. But beyond that, they’re still really easy. So getting shot across the map with 99% accuracy i dont agree with.

As for almoat killing an enemy and someone swipping it…un you’re playing an online shooter. Moving on.

Grenades, i mean ibdont think they are deadly accurate. Random and being used at weird times though for sure. Kinda cknfuses me too.

Ai, im with you there. :expressionless:

How do you not know when the shield breaks? Its like a bright solid color suddenly breaking and its kinda overdone imo. But i get why its so obnoxious visually.

> 2533274809890894;4:
> I honeslty dont think they are all that hard on odst actually. Harder and smarter then marine, yes. But beyond that, they’re still really easy. So getting shot across the map with 99% accuracy i dont agree with.
>
> As for almoat killing an enemy and someone swipping it…un you’re playing an online shooter. Moving on.
>
> Grenades, i mean ibdont think they are deadly accurate. Random and being used at weird times though for sure. Kinda cknfuses me too.
>
> Ai, im with you there. :expressionless:
>
> How do you not know when the shield breaks? Its like a bright solid color suddenly breaking and its kinda overdone imo. But i get why its so obnoxious visually.

First point: That was actually moreso the stuttering causing my issue. It’s better now.

The swiping thing I’m convinced must be somewhat bugged. I hit two people, dead on, with the Gravity Hammer, killing blows, and yet I got assists for it, NOT kills.

Grenades are very accurate. Inhumanly accurate sometimes. It happens a lot from the bots, it’s kind of absurd and a lot of people have complained about it.

As for the shield, it’s moreso that you can’t tell the remaining shield strength by looking at a Spartan. You see them flare up a bit, but they stop flaring quickly and due to them sharing the outline color you can’t tell if the shield’s down or not if they were behind a wall when it broke. Classic Halo had sparks around the Spartan to show if the shield was disabled, giving you good visual feedback.

> 2535439465255141;5:
> > 2533274809890894;4:
> > I honeslty dont think they are all that hard on odst actually. Harder and smarter then marine, yes. But beyond that, they’re still really easy. So getting shot across the map with 99% accuracy i dont agree with.
> >
> > As for almoat killing an enemy and someone swipping it…un you’re playing an online shooter. Moving on.
> >
> > Grenades, i mean ibdont think they are deadly accurate. Random and being used at weird times though for sure. Kinda cknfuses me too.
> >
> > Ai, im with you there. :expressionless:
> >
> > How do you not know when the shield breaks? Its like a bright solid color suddenly breaking and its kinda overdone imo. But i get why its so obnoxious visually.
>
> First point: That was actually moreso the stuttering causing my issue. It’s better now.
>
> The swiping thing I’m convinced must be somewhat bugged. I hit two people, dead on, with the Gravity Hammer, killing blows, and yet I got assists for it, NOT kills.
>
> Grenades are very accurate. Inhumanly accurate sometimes. It happens a lot from the bots, it’s kind of absurd and a lot of people have complained about it.
>
> As for the shield, it’s moreso that you can’t tell the remaining shield strength by looking at a Spartan. You see them flare up a bit, but they stop flaring quickly and due to them sharing the outline color you can’t tell if the shield’s down or not if they were behind a wall when it broke. Classic Halo had sparks around the Spartan to show if the shield was disabled, giving you good visual feedback.

Ive not had a grenade problem with the bits. I can more often than not avoid them entirely.

As for the shield. Its hard to explain in words, but when they break theres a sharp breaking of energy from their entire body…im horrible at explaining stuff. So kinda this, the blue energy breaking iff goku in bits. It looks like that but the entire spartan quickly at once. Telling how low the shield is in live fire yeah thats gonna be difficult, butbwhen it dies break its a sharp release if energy.

Call me crazy but I think some of the bots are already spartan. And they change from ODST to spartan depending on the player they are engaging. I saw a bot once get swarmed by my teammates yet the turn to shoot at me. Not saying I’m mlg pro or anything but i wasn’t getting owned by bots before this last update…maybe they highten their ranks depending on player stats?

I haven’t seen anyone really complain about grenades but the ability to tell when their sheilds are gone, i agree with you there bud but you just oughta get used to it and the grav hammer damage scales with distance and as far as ive seen and experienced i there are no issues with the grav hammer nor have i seen anyone else say there were.

> 2533274852319616;7:
> Call me crazy but I think some of the bots are already spartan. And they change from ODST to spartan depending on the player they are engaging. I saw a bot once get swarmed by my teammates yet the turn to shoot at me. Not saying I’m mlg pro or anything but i wasn’t getting owned by bots before this last update…maybe they highten their ranks depending on player stats?

Sometimes the bots be wildn, who knows lol.

I still think ODST bots are easy as well im quite curious to see the spartans tommorow. Yes they have great kobe nades for sure and rarely they hit you with 100% accurace all headshots and u auto die when your on a 10+ killing streak. But yes the energy break off is weird and i dont like it i almost dont even care to have it honestly

> 2535436557871072;9:
> > 2533274852319616;7:
> > Call me crazy but I think some of the bots are already spartan. And they change from ODST to spartan depending on the player they are engaging. I saw a bot once get swarmed by my teammates yet the turn to shoot at me. Not saying I’m mlg pro or anything but i wasn’t getting owned by bots before this last update…maybe they highten their ranks depending on player stats?
>
> Sometimes the bots be wildn, who knows lol.

Imagine in the full game on a team slayer match you got quitters on your side then a super spartan auto kill bot comes in to wipe the floor of the spawn killing team.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535439465255141;1:
>

The simple answer to the problem is get good noob

> 2535439465255141;1:
> Bots on ODST level are too accurate with the sidekick. At mid-range (BR’s niche), they laser me from across the map and kill me. The Sidekick is a sidearm pistol. This should not be possible. They’re firing it way too fast and accurately from that kind of range. Even when I hit all my headshots, I still die to the bots ridiculous accuracy with it. It’s like they get perfect kills every time, and we aren’t even on Spartan difficulty.
>
> Every time I’m about to kill someone, even if I do 99% of the damage, I get an assist instead of the kill. It’s very annoying how a teammate can shoot one shot and get the kill I just about earned, without even putting in that much effort themselves.
>
> The bots use grenades way too often and are stupidly accurate with them. Way more than they should be, especially for only ODST level. Seriously, they’re better than actual players and it’s annoying. They always use them instead of gunning you down, and then they die without them and immediately respawn with more grenades. It’s a frustrating cycle of explosions and a lack of actual shootouts.
>
> Although this is subject to change, the awful performance and constant stuttering are really making this a chore to play. I’m amazed they released Bazaar without fixing the commonly-complained about hitching first. I’m not even going above 60FPS, so hitching is even worse. The map design is incredibly boring and e-sportsy. None of these maps have been asymmetrically styled like Halo 2 or Halo 3. Live Fire and Recharge feel like boring UNSC metal boxes™️ and Bazaar just feels boxy and boring in layout as well. There is nothing like Guardian or Damnation, here. Quite frankly, the only map that’s peaked my interest now is Behemoth, which isn’t even playable yet.
>
> It is incredibly difficult to tell when an enemy has no shields or low shields, and tying the shield color to the outline makes this problem worse. This is going to be even worse when customization ramps up. They need to bring back the gold shield effects or do something to drastically increase the flare.
>
> Customization itself is unimpressive. There’s very few base colors for when you start, and there aren’t even basic black or white coatings for free. Like, really, there’s so few basic color coatings compared to the amount in previous Halos that I am once again against the coating system. It is not making up for what it got rid of, **at all.**The AI is annoying, and I want to be able to turn it off. I hate how it’s supposed to be “quirky and funny”. It’s annoying and makes me cringe when it tells me I’m accurate after I missed 3 bursts.
>
> The motion tracker is terrible. I cannot find enemies on the map before most of my teammates due to there being no motion tracking unless an enemy is sprinting or shooting. It also means by the time I see enemies on my radar, I’m dead from an ambush. This is frustrating. You can’t “prepare” for gunfights anymore because your enemy has to be sprinting, which most of the time I don’t see the bots doing. This right here is probably my absolute BIGGEST problem with the gameplay right now.
>
> The Heatwave needs a buff, by the way. It’s way too weak at close range and it feels like I’m shooting marshmallows sometimes.
>
> The game is solid, but these issues are bugging the heck out of me and I am incredibly fed up with trying to play the game due to the performance.

Point 1: TBF I can do that as well so it’s not far fetched.

Point 2: Aye, it’s annoying, but technically they did get the kill. Been an annoyance since Halo 2 and will never go away without a big change.

Point 3: They are good with the 'nades but that’s something a player can also do. I also tend to have bots use both in a close fight, mainly grenades when my shields get low.

Point 4: It’s a tech test, not the full game, you should’ve expected bugs. Personally, I love the maps (especially Bazaar) but that’s personal preference.

Point 5: Hard disagree, it’s clear when an enemy shield breaks.

Point 6: I would like some more basic coatings, but 11 is ok.

Point 7: Fair enough.

Point 8: Literally the only issue I’ve had with it is that it’s difficult to tell if an enemy is above or under you. The motion tracker works fine, it’s not supposed to be a UAV.

Point 9: Agreed. This thing is too inconsistent.

> 2533274814550076;2:
> > Every time I’m about to kill someone, even if I do 99% of the damage, I get an assist instead of the kill. It’s very annoying how a teammate can shoot one shot and get the kill I just about earned, without even putting in that much effort themselves.
>
> I think I have been pretty respectful (if you disagree, please say so) but when it comes to this, I just got to say: come on man, you know that is just how shooters work in general lol. Yeah, it sucks, but what do you expect the devs are going to do about that?

For me its not a Problem how you say its in the Nature of Shooter-Games. But the devs can easy “fix” that, as example: In Battlefield 4, if you shoot a target and you do 75% damage or more, and another player kills this target, you get an Assist count as Kill. I think in Halo this would be good, because the longer TTKs compared to other games.

But how i said, its not a big Problem, Halo Infinite has more Problems to fix, but if they implement this Assist count as kill, i dont mind it.

> 2535410135869421;12:
> > 2535439465255141;1:
> > Bots on ODST level are too accurate with the sidekick. At mid-range (BR’s niche), they laser me from across the map and kill me. The Sidekick is a sidearm pistol. This should not be possible. They’re firing it way too fast and accurately from that kind of range. Even when I hit all my headshots, I still die to the bots ridiculous accuracy with it. It’s like they get perfect kills every time, and we aren’t even on Spartan difficulty.
> >
> > Every time I’m about to kill someone, even if I do 99% of the damage, I get an assist instead of the kill. It’s very annoying how a teammate can shoot one shot and get the kill I just about earned, without even putting in that much effort themselves.
> >
> > The bots use grenades way too often and are stupidly accurate with them. Way more than they should be, especially for only ODST level. Seriously, they’re better than actual players and it’s annoying. They always use them instead of gunning you down, and then they die without them and immediately respawn with more grenades. It’s a frustrating cycle of explosions and a lack of actual shootouts.
> >
> > Although this is subject to change, the awful performance and constant stuttering are really making this a chore to play. I’m amazed they released Bazaar without fixing the commonly-complained about hitching first. I’m not even going above 60FPS, so hitching is even worse. The map design is incredibly boring and e-sportsy. None of these maps have been asymmetrically styled like Halo 2 or Halo 3. Live Fire and Recharge feel like boring UNSC metal boxes™️ and Bazaar just feels boxy and boring in layout as well. There is nothing like Guardian or Damnation, here. Quite frankly, the only map that’s peaked my interest now is Behemoth, which isn’t even playable yet.
> >
> > It is incredibly difficult to tell when an enemy has no shields or low shields, and tying the shield color to the outline makes this problem worse. This is going to be even worse when customization ramps up. They need to bring back the gold shield effects or do something to drastically increase the flare.
> >
> > Customization itself is unimpressive. There’s very few base colors for when you start, and there aren’t even basic black or white coatings for free. Like, really, there’s so few basic color coatings compared to the amount in previous Halos that I am once again against the coating system. It is not making up for what it got rid of, **at all.**The AI is annoying, and I want to be able to turn it off. I hate how it’s supposed to be “quirky and funny”. It’s annoying and makes me cringe when it tells me I’m accurate after I missed 3 bursts.
> >
> > The motion tracker is terrible. I cannot find enemies on the map before most of my teammates due to there being no motion tracking unless an enemy is sprinting or shooting. It also means by the time I see enemies on my radar, I’m dead from an ambush. This is frustrating. You can’t “prepare” for gunfights anymore because your enemy has to be sprinting, which most of the time I don’t see the bots doing. This right here is probably my absolute BIGGEST problem with the gameplay right now.
> >
> > The Heatwave needs a buff, by the way. It’s way too weak at close range and it feels like I’m shooting marshmallows sometimes.
> >
> > The game is solid, but these issues are bugging the heck out of me and I am incredibly fed up with trying to play the game due to the performance.
>
> The simple answer to the problem is get good noob

You got me there man, the performance is a skill issue too I just have to get good haha