From sops to contents

I remember a guy that used to post on the Halo 5 forums something like “I want CQB helmet in Halo 5” “give me back my face, where is CQB?” and I know how he felt because me and lots of us had the same feelings on the game for some (or should I say all) the content the game lacked. 343 did pack the Halo 5 updates with little sops that kind of got it better, but every time something new came out we beat that horse to death till the next update and we moved then to the next update… also take in consideration that most of the updates were supposed to be there at launch. The result? After updates ended Halo 5 became boring.

Why am I saying this?

Because I think, and I hope Halo Infinite does not follow that path. I just want a full flashed out game just like Halo Reach was at launch, so that we can experience small parts of it every day without beating to death all the horses.

What do you think about it?

If it takes you over a year to deliver all of the game content, then just don’t release the game a year early.

> 2533274818084099;2:
> If it takes you over a year to deliver all of the game content, then just don’t release the game a year early.

Yes, maybe the longer development cycle for Halo Infinite will solve the problem, fingers crossed

> 2533274818084099;2:
> If it takes you over a year to deliver all of the game content, then just don’t release the game a year early.

Agreed. It’s such a simple concept, but big publishers are so entranced these days by the prospect of “games as a service” that they forget the service is unfinished and/or crap until it becomes a proper product 2-3 years after launch.

This trend of the games as a service model which is actually just rushing development of a game to launch without content it should have had from the start needs to end. At first I thought it was really cool that H5 was going to have free DLC until I learned that a lot of it was stuff that should’ve been there from the get go like BTB and forge, then you add in P2W mtx in the form of loot boxes… Infinite needs to do better.

> 2533274824050480;4:
> > 2533274818084099;2:
> > If it takes you over a year to deliver all of the game content, then just don’t release the game a year early.
>
> Agreed. It’s such a simple concept, but big publishers are so entranced these days by the prospect of “games as a service” that they forget the service is unfinished and/or crap until it becomes a proper product 2-3 years after launch.

> 2533275031939856;5:
> This trend of the games as a service model which is actually just rushing development of a game to launch without content it should have had from the start needs to end. At first I thought it was really cool that H5 was going to have free DLC until I learned that a lot of it was stuff that should’ve been there from the get go like BTB and forge, then you add in P2W mtx in the form of loot boxes… Infinite needs to do better.

Yes, definetly.