ENCRYPTION CODE: [OPEN]
PUBLIC KEY: 9-23

TO: CODENAME LETHBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL

CLASSIFICATION: #EVILAWAKENS
SUBJECT: A MOMENT OF YOUR TIME

/FILE EXTRACTION-RECONSTITUTION COMPLETE/
/START FILE/

If I could have a moment of your time?

I would like to inquire if you were looking for applicants for combat field testing. You’ll find my current stationing lines up with your “line of work” and would be an ideal testing grounds for your “Venator.” The local environment is filled with super-fine sand of much finer grain and higher volume than most other locations available for field testing.

I would, of course, be willing to sign any medical waivers, non-disclosure agreements, as well as any other paperwork associated with such tests. If authorization via my chain of command is required, I will utilize the correct channels to ensure a smooth transition.

Please note, however, that time is of the essence. My offer can not stand indefinitely. I will patiently be awaiting your response.

In the event that you consider my proposition, you can contact me through this channel or under the alias of “Haven923” on the Waypoint network.

Thank you for your time.

“Quando il gioco è finito, il re e il pedone vanno nella stessa scatola.”
/END FILE/

My mind is blown.

And I don’t know why.

“When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.”
I see.

I see a pattern in there. Here are all the bolded letters:

SHADOWS

And the italics:

POVTH

And the underlined:

SUNSHINE

Not sure what the italics are. Maybe they’re an anagram?

EDIT: Missed one of the italics letters.

PROVTH

Can we just quit with this crap already? It’s not creating a discussion and it doesn’t need any more threads.

Shadow proveth Sunshine?

What are you trying to tell us?
And where did you find this? :slight_smile:

What do shadows have to do with it?

EDIT:
Ah. Shadows prove the sun shines.

SHADOW

PROVETHE

SUNSHINE

Sunshine prove the shadow?

shadow prove the sunshine?

It could be something along the lines of “we only know about shadows because of light, and light because of shadows” which could mean we only know good because of bad, yin because of yang.

Okay, it’s actually SHADOWS PROVE THE SUNSHINE. After a quick Google search, I found out that it’s the name of a song by Switchfoot. I assume it’s a reference to something else, but I couldn’t find it under all the links to that song.

Here’s a link to the lyrics, if that helps at all.

Lyrics from song mentioned above

Sunshine, won’t you be my mother
Sunshine, come and help me sing
My heart is darker than these oceans
My heart is frozen underneath

(Cortana?)

We are crooked souls trying to stay up straight,
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine

(ONI?)

Two scared little runaways
Hold fast to the break of day light were

(Humanity as a whole?)

Oh Lord, why did you forsake me?
Oh Lord, don’t be far away away
Storm clouds gathering beside me
Please Lord, don’t look the other way

(the coveis?)

Crooked souls trying to stay up straight

(ONI again?)

(humanity again?)

Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me

Crooked souls trying to stay up straight

Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me
Yeah Yeah, shine on me

Shine on me,
Let my shadows prove the sunshine

*DISCLAIMER: This is a formal attempt to contact Lethbridge Industries. What you are viewing is a (modified) email sent to their Facebook and home website. I am not affiliated with 343 Industries in any way (other than my love of their products).

That akward moment when in a World-wide forum the last sentence is written in your mother language and you think you are becoming crazy

> SHADOW
>
> PROVETHE
>
> SUNSHINE
>
> Sunshine prove the shadow?
>
> shadow prove the sunshine?

Switchfoot :slight_smile:

Shadow prove the Sunshine. I’m going with the yin-yang thoughts. Like without hard times we would have nothing to judge the good times against. I’m loving these cryptic messages, it’s so much fun trying to get your head around.

I also searched Haven923 on the site, seems like your average Halo player. Not sure if I should message him accepting the proposition or not. . . I’m not sure why they would throw out some randoms gamertag like that if it doesn’t mean anything, but if it’s a simple coincidence I’m sure he’s already sick of us fanboys messaging him.

> *DISCLAIMER: This is a formal attempt to contact Lethbridge Industries. What you are viewing is a (modified) email sent to their Facebook and home website. I am not affiliated with 343 Industries in any way (other than my love of their products).

Perfect reason why it could have been posted here, disclaimer included to avoid confusion.