Frigates escorting the Infinity

If you look at the live action trailer, you can clearly see two Frigates next to the infinity as it approaches Requiem with possibly another on the other side. What role do you think they could play? Did they crash or could they be our get-a-way from Requiem?

> If you look at the live action trailer, you can clearly see a Frigate next to the infinity as it approaches Requiem with possibly another on the other side. What role do you think they could play? Did they crash or could they be our get-a-way from Requiem?

That clip was when they were first launching the Infinity. You don’t see the two frigates enter Requiem do you?

The Infinity is our “get away from Requiem” ship. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after Halo 4 and those ops are carried out from Infinity in orbit.

This is double post… for some reason.

Maybe the Infinity was at a dry dock?

I’d be very surprised if the UNSC allowed its prized flagship to go unescorted by smaller ships. Surely it would have a few permanent Frigates and Destroyers as part of its own fleet.

Having said that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just on its own throughout Halo 4, despite how odd that sounds.

> > If you look at the live action trailer, you can clearly see a Frigate next to the infinity as it approaches Requiem with possibly another on the other side. What role do you think they could play? Did they crash or could they be our get-a-way from Requiem?
>
> That clip was when they were first launching the Infinity. You don’t see the two frigates enter Requiem do you?

Doubt it, because right after, you see the captain looking right at Requiem.

i dont think it has frigates escorting it rather think longwords or other variation of longswords, also in the live action trailer the little holo shapes coming off of the infinity when the captain walks over to it, well they look like they show an indication of escorts also im sure that ship could hold a frigate and longswords i mean its liek what 3 times the size of the autumn??? and that had longswords in it

The OP is correct about the presence of two frigates, as well as a number of smaller ships (one of which flies past the camera). The frigates are seen early in the video, before we see Requiem. It’s possible that they are escorts, in fact I think that’s the case. Now as for where they are when the Infinity is being drawn into Requiem, there are a couple of possibilities.

  1. The frigates did not stay with the Infinity and were only present early in its voyage.

  2. The Infinity has experimental, Forerunner based technology and as such is much faster than traditional ships. The Frigates may have made a slipspace jump with the Infinity but are still on their way.

  3. The Frigates are considerably smaller than the Infinity as seen in the video. The Infinity is the largest human ship ever. It is 5.632 kilometres long, more than double the length of the Spirit of Fire. The largest known class of frigate is the Paris-class heavy frigate seen in Reach. These are 535 metres long. It’s possible that the Frigates have docked on or in the Infinity and are still with the ship.

Just for reference, here’s a screenshot of the frigates.

> The OP is correct about the presence of two frigates, as well as a number of smaller ships (one of which flies past the camera). The frigates are seen early in the video, before we see Requiem. It’s possible that they are escorts, in fact I think that’s the case. Now as for where they are when the Infinity is being drawn into Requiem, there are a couple of possibilities.
>
> 1. The frigates did not stay with the Infinity and were only present early in its voyage.
>
> 2. The Infinity has experimental, Forerunner based technology and as such is much faster than traditional ships. The Frigates may have made a slipspace jump with the Infinity but are still on their way.
>
> 3. The Frigates are considerably smaller than the Infinity as seen in the video. The Infinity is the largest human ship ever. It is 5.632 kilometres long, more than double the length of the Spirit of Fire. The largest known class of frigate is the Paris-class heavy frigate seen in Reach. These are 535 metres long. It’s possible that the Frigates have docked on or in the Infinity and are still with the ship.
>
> Just for reference, here’s a screenshot of the frigates.

#2 is plausible but at the same time ships following in the wake of larger and faster ships often keep up pretty good. The In Amber Clad stayed with Regret all the way to Delta Halo. Although the other ships following behind them were still a little off. So maybe the Frigates are still on their way. This could actually explain this picture. To me they look like the same kind of thrusters which lifted the Pillar of Autumn in Reach. Maybe they were brought along with the Frigates to lift the Infinity which we know is lying on the surface of Requiem?

> The Infinity is our “get away from Requiem” ship. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after Halo 4 and those ops are carried out from Infinity in orbit.

Where did you get this information? And could you at least metion a Spoiler alert I did not want to know that.

Spoiler alert

If what nihilus shadow says is true that means during halo 4/5/6 the infinity gets back into orbit. Wich mean the war on requiem gets a whole new twist(the UNSC forces get a base of operations, and will master chief be present on the infinity ship at that time, will there be a massive orbital battle between covenant/prometheus and UNSC forces?)

> > The Infinity is our “get away from Requiem” ship. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after Halo 4 and those ops are carried out from Infinity in orbit.
>
> Where did you get this information? And could you at least metion a Spoiler alert I did not want to know that.
>
> Spoiler alert
>
> If what nihilus shadow says is true that means during halo 4/5/6 the infinity gets back into orbit. Wich mean the war on requiem gets a whole new twist(the UNSC forces get a base of operations, and will master chief be present on the infinity ship at that time, will there be a massive orbital battle between covenant/prometheus and UNSC forces?)

I didn’t think it needed one since BS Angel already said it herself in a weekly update. But if you need one…

> > > The Infinity is our “get away from Requiem” ship. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after Halo 4 and those ops are carried out from Infinity in orbit.
> >
> > Where did you get this information? And could you at least metion a Spoiler alert I did not want to know that.
> >
> > Spoiler alert
> >
> > If what nihilus shadow says is true that means during halo 4/5/6 the infinity gets back into orbit. Wich mean the war on requiem gets a whole new twist(the UNSC forces get a base of operations, and will master chief be present on the infinity ship at that time, will there be a massive orbital battle between covenant/prometheus and UNSC forces?)
>
> I didn’t think it needed one since BS Angel already said it herself in a weekly update. But if you need one…
>
> “War Games, and by extension Spartan Ops, ostensibly take place starting about six months after the Halo 4 Campaign. That’s a very light spoiler.”

Thanks i must have overread that. interresting twist i really look forward to see where that is going, is infinity going to call or back up. and will cortana be dead by then?

> The OP is correct about the presence of two frigates, as well as a number of smaller ships (one of which flies past the camera). The frigates are seen early in the video, before we see Requiem. It’s possible that they are escorts, in fact I think that’s the case. Now as for where they are when the Infinity is being drawn into Requiem, there are a couple of possibilities.
>
> 1. The frigates did not stay with the Infinity and were only present early in its voyage.
>
> 2. The Infinity has experimental, Forerunner based technology and as such is much faster than traditional ships. The Frigates may have made a slipspace jump with the Infinity but are still on their way.
>
> 3. The Frigates are considerably smaller than the Infinity as seen in the video. The Infinity is the largest human ship ever. It is 5.632 kilometres long, more than double the length of the Spirit of Fire. The largest known class of frigate is the Paris-class heavy frigate seen in Reach. These are 535 metres long. It’s possible that the Frigates have docked on or in the Infinity and are still with the ship.
>
> Just for reference, here’s a screenshot of the frigates.

I don’t know, they made it seem like they were with the Infinity as it was approaching Requiem. Why would they show the early voyage and instantly show the Captain arriving at Requiem?

> > The Infinity is our “get away from Requiem” ship. Spartan Ops takes place 6 months after Halo 4 and those ops are carried out from Infinity in orbit.
>
> Where did you get this information? And could you at least metion a Spoiler alert I did not want to know that.
>
> Spoiler alert
>
> If what nihilus shadow says is true that means during halo 4/5/6 the infinity gets back into orbit. Wich mean the war on requiem gets a whole new twist(the UNSC forces get a base of operations, and will master chief be present on the infinity ship at that time, will there be a massive orbital battle between covenant/prometheus and UNSC forces?)

It gets fixed in Halo 4 according to this picture.

halo4nation.com

Not book spoiler, it’s a screenshot spoiler.

> > The OP is correct about the presence of two frigates, as well as a number of smaller ships (one of which flies past the camera). The frigates are seen early in the video, before we see Requiem. It’s possible that they are escorts, in fact I think that’s the case. Now as for where they are when the Infinity is being drawn into Requiem, there are a couple of possibilities.
> >
> > 1. The frigates did not stay with the Infinity and were only present early in its voyage.
> >
> > 2. The Infinity has experimental, Forerunner based technology and as such is much faster than traditional ships. The Frigates may have made a slipspace jump with the Infinity but are still on their way.
> >
> > 3. The Frigates are considerably smaller than the Infinity as seen in the video. The Infinity is the largest human ship ever. It is 5.632 kilometres long, more than double the length of the Spirit of Fire. The largest known class of frigate is the Paris-class heavy frigate seen in Reach. These are 535 metres long. It’s possible that the Frigates have docked on or in the Infinity and are still with the ship.
> >
> > Just for reference, here’s a screenshot of the frigates.
>
> #2 is plausible but at the same time ships following in the wake of larger and faster ships often keep up pretty good. <mark>The In Amber Clad stayed with Regret all the way to Delta Halo</mark>. Although the other ships following behind them were still a little off. So maybe the Frigates are still on their way. This could actually explain this picture. To me they look like the same kind of thrusters which lifted the Pillar of Autumn in Reach. Maybe they were brought along with the Frigates to lift the Infinity which we know is lying on the surface of Requiem?

This happened because IAC “stucked” with Regret’s ship at the time his ship was entering at their space-hole

I agree a hundred per cent . They shouldn’t have changed the Dawn in any way because it hasn’t been tampered with for 7 years while drifting in space and there is no -Yoink- reason in the multiverse why the ship would suddenly increase in size and change its design and also suddenly have its Cargo bay where a Warthog and a Scorpion used to be removed .