Friendly Fire

343 please remove Friendly fire

I was playing Slayer to see 2 of my teammates fighting each other and I told them to stop but one of the 2 teammates just decide to kill me for nothing, and I rage quit because of the friendly fire in which got me banned for 3 hours. Please remove friendly fire

I don’t understand why you would quit out of that match. Dinks or not, you still left your team down a player which sucks for them. And if you got a 3 hour quit ban, this is not your first quit/disconnect so honestly, it’s deserved.

They aren’t going to remove friendly fire from ranked. It’s a necessary evil to prevent people from spamming grenades or rockets. Positioning matters and removing FF causes a whole other host of problems. If you want reliable teammates, find some people to party up with.

> 2533274796457055;3:
> I don’t understand why you would quit out of that match. Dinks or not, you still left your team down a player which sucks for them. And if you got a 3 hour quit ban, this is not your first quit/disconnect so honestly, it’s deserved.
>
> They aren’t going to remove friendly fire from ranked. It’s a necessary evil to prevent people from spamming grenades or rockets. Positioning matters and removing FF causes a whole other host of problems. If you want reliable teammates, find some people to party up with.

I agree that it’s a necessary evil to have to balance out the game, but I can’t blame the OP for dropping out of that game. If all your team is doing is purposely betraying each other and then they start betraying you tell me exactly how you are letting your team down by quitting. Seems they did that themselves

It’s there for a reason. You can always do customs without it or play SWAT

> 2533274796457055;3:
> I don’t understand why you would quit out of that match. Dinks or not, you still left your team down a player which sucks for them. And if you got a 3 hour quit ban, this is not your first quit/disconnect so honestly, it’s deserved.
>
> They aren’t going to remove friendly fire from ranked. It’s a necessary evil to prevent people from spamming grenades or rockets. Positioning matters and removing FF causes a whole other host of problems. If you want reliable teammates, find some people to party up with.

100% accurate, across the board. You shouldn’t quit out of games nor should you go into a ranked game with hopes if being paired with decent teammates. You should always play with friends or reliable teammates

Hmmm… Let’s see. On the one hand you can have, at worst, grenade spamming and overzealous use of power weapons. On the other hand you can have team mates who betray for power weapons. Or out of boredom. Or out of frustration. Or who are betraying the guy they paired up with, which may be okay for the two of them but still isn’t very helpful to the team as a whole.

It sort of looks to me like yet another decision which was made to benefit the most serious and competitive players. Which wouldn’t annoy me half as much as it does if the betrayal boot mechanism wasn’t so lenient with the clowns it was supposedly built to address. If you’re gonna have one then you really kinda need the other to do its job and not just stand around looking like a good idea yet being frustratingly ineffective.