Friendly fire should be turned on hear me out

Friendly fire really needs to be turned back on in all playlists, especially the playlist with vehicles.

This community is ridiculous. It is so irritating there are these “gems” among this community that find it funny to destroy friendly vehicles.

With friendly fire turned on, we would at least be able to boot these people and a new player will fill his spot who hopefully wants to play. Also, it would stop people from sticking the pistol grenade thing on to team mates and that team mate who has the grenade attached to him runs into the center of a bunch of enemies. (you get the picture)

as much as friendly fire would fix some of the problems, it’s won’t alot of them

the booting system is still broken; i can get killed by the same guy 3 times, but if i try and take my revenge, i get the boot

and turning it n won’t protect vehicle users from having teammates deal a LOT of damage to it, but not destroying it

also, plasma pistol, 'nuff said

But some people like to destroy people’s vehicles, just like people in vehicles tend to drive over me when I’m on their team.

No, I hated getting the sniper in halo 3 and reach and a tool would stand next to me or follow me everywhere and punch out my shields and even sometimes betrayed me without me getting an option to boot.

Instead of adding friendly fire, why not remove the ability to damage team vehicles? That way, people can’t destroy the mantis at the start, and creating a lopsided match, simply because someone else took it.

I feel like that is the biggest problem…I mean, no one has ever destroyed my ghost to get it to respawn.

> Instead of adding friendly fire, why not remove the ability to damage team vehicles? That way, people can’t destroy the mantis at the start, and creating a lopsided match, simply because someone else took it.

Also this, especially because almost everyone in BTB spawns with plasma pistols and plasma grenades.

Yeah it sucks that some people would do that, but I’ll take that over friendly fire.

Too many times in the past Halos I was killed for taking a weapon someone wanted or just tools team killing for fun. It really ruined a lot of games for me.

Friendly Fire needs to be turned on and ordinance drops need to be removed! This game is currently broken beyond belief and 343 knows it. Halo 4 plays very differently from the previous Halo’s and imo that is a very very bad thing.

Dunno if this is against the rules but first post here!

I have a bad mix with friendly fire. I like to snipe which in turn Ill get a teammate that likes to do that same. Thus when I beat him to the weapon he begins to shoot me, make my life miserable, or even betray me for it.

Now with Halo taking out friendly fire all these haters do is hit me with a ghost and take the rifle.

Do i like no friendly fire? Yes. Would I like it to be fixed and tweaked some. YES! I also second the booting system being broken. I hate it.

To the author. If your having issues with the vehicle thing you have a couple of options. Either you will have to deal with it like how we deal with people getting mad at us and killing for a power weapon or you troll back till they stop. It will still happen regardless if the friendly fire is on or off. Someone will find a way to ruin your experience.

I just simply hate a guy throwing a grenade firing a rocket me taking damage his team mate not and then killing me.
On a scale to 1-10 I am mad bro 10

Turning on Friendly Fire is a no no. The same pattern of betrayals will repeat itself like it did in Reach =|

I don’t need to hear you out at all. I completely agree with you from when you said FF needs to be turned on. FF has been on in Halo for the last 12 years, the reason betraying became a problem is because the game became less competitive. With people playing for progression ranks and the next unlock nobody cares about winning.

If you care about winning (ranked playlists cough cough) people are far less likely to shoot you for the sniper rifle.

> > Instead of adding friendly fire, why not remove the ability to damage team vehicles? That way, people can’t destroy the mantis at the start, and creating a lopsided match, simply because someone else took it.
>
> Also this, especially because almost everyone in BTB spawns with plasma pistols and plasma grenades.

That should be obvious, it’s possible for teammates and enemies to occupy the same vehicle at the same time so vehicles can’t be assigned to a team in regards to who can damage them or not. The simple solution is turn on FF like it has been for over 10 years. Let the babies freak out and betray players and then they can get booted. And if you don’t want to deal with betrayers 343 needs to add a ranked playlist that offers little to no reward for losing.

> If you care about winning (ranked playlists cough cough) people are far less likely to shoot you for the sniper rifle.

I am so glad Friendly Fire is off is because the BS of what you just said at the last sentence of your post. People will betray no matter how good or bad your playing - losing, winning or just having fun =|

> > If you care about winning (ranked playlists cough cough) people are far less likely to shoot you for the sniper rifle.
>
> I am so glad Friendly Fire is off is because the BS of what you just said at the last sentence of your post. People will betray no matter how good or bad your playing - losing, winning or just having fun =|

In all my time in playing the Halo 3 ranked playlists I was rarely, if ever, betrayed for a weapon. It all got bad in Halo Reach because there was no incentive to win, no reason to play as a team so naturally the -Yoink- bags who wanted to work on the sniper commendation came out of the wood work to betray everyone.

It’s really simple. Want less betrayals? Stop rewarding individual achievements over the value of winning as a team.

same here

> > > If you care about winning (ranked playlists cough cough) people are far less likely to shoot you for the sniper rifle.
> >
> > I am so glad Friendly Fire is off is because the BS of what you just said at the last sentence of your post. People will betray no matter how good or bad your playing - losing, winning or just having fun =|
>
> In all my time in playing the Halo 3 ranked playlists I was rarely, if ever, betrayed for a weapon. It all got bad in Halo Reach because there was no incentive to win, no reason to play as a team so naturally the -Yoink!- bags who wanted to work on the sniper commendation came out of the wood work to betray everyone.
>
> It’s really simple. Want less betrayals? Stop rewarding individual achievements over the value of winning as a team.

haLo Reach was the worst of it all for betrayals thats why I spent alot more time in Infection in Reach because team killing was Turned off. The only varient in that playlist that didnt have friendy fire

> > > > If you care about winning (ranked playlists cough cough) people are far less likely to shoot you for the sniper rifle.
> > >
> > > I am so glad Friendly Fire is off is because the BS of what you just said at the last sentence of your post. People will betray no matter how good or bad your playing - losing, winning or just having fun =|
> >
> > In all my time in playing the Halo 3 ranked playlists I was rarely, if ever, betrayed for a weapon. It all got bad in Halo Reach because there was no incentive to win, no reason to play as a team so naturally the -Yoink!- bags who wanted to work on the sniper commendation came out of the wood work to betray everyone.
> >
> > It’s really simple. Want less betrayals? Stop rewarding individual achievements over the value of winning as a team.
>
> haLo Reach was the worst of it all for betrayals thats why I spent alot more time in Infection in Reach because team killing was Turned off

Exactly my point. Everyone betrayed in Reach because there was no reward for playing as a team. Everyone played for the personal progression rank, which lead to all of the mess of betraying. People vehicle betray because if they can’t work on their vehicle kills and get points for their rank they don’t want you to. But if you were in a ranked playlist and bad things happened if you lost you wouldn’t see that.

If they turn it on. Then I do hope the booting system work 100%.

I’m so tired too not boot thoese who destroy and kill the teammates and never get booted while I get booted immediately for accidentely splatt my teammate.

> > > > > If you care about winning (ranked playlists cough cough) people are far less likely to shoot you for the sniper rifle.
> > > >
> > > > I am so glad Friendly Fire is off is because the BS of what you just said at the last sentence of your post. People will betray no matter how good or bad your playing - losing, winning or just having fun =|
> > >
> > > In all my time in playing the Halo 3 ranked playlists I was rarely, if ever, betrayed for a weapon. It all got bad in Halo Reach because there was no incentive to win, no reason to play as a team so naturally the -Yoink!- bags who wanted to work on the sniper commendation came out of the wood work to betray everyone.
> > >
> > > It’s really simple. Want less betrayals? Stop rewarding individual achievements over the value of winning as a team.
> >
> > haLo Reach was the worst of it all for betrayals thats why I spent alot more time in Infection in Reach because team killing was Turned off
>
> Exactly my point. Everyone betrayed in Reach because there was no reward for playing as a team. Everyone played for the personal progression rank, which lead to all of the mess of betraying. People vehicle betray because if they can’t work on their vehicle kills and get points for their rank they don’t want you to. But if you were in a ranked playlist and bad things happened if you lost you wouldn’t see that.

And when they vehicle betray as much as they can before the boot option comes they take a big risk doing so. But when you boot them they tend to send you nasty messages and get angry LoL