Friendly Fire : (on or off) in halo 4?

I personally think it needs to go depending on what the ranking system is.

There was no incentive to when in reach and that caused team killing for vehicles and
power weapons.

What do you guys think, do want it remain untouched or do you want it gone??

Either way i hope they find a way for people not to betray you for a sniper or
tank. That was very very annoying. thanks for reading

It’s hard to stay constructive in a topic like this, since it’s in my opinion so dumbfounded that it is even brought up. So I’ll just say that Halo must have a friendly fire on and leave.

It needs to stay. It’s been apart of Halo from the beginning.

If you don’t like your teammates killing you, go play CoD.

I really think that they shoud let Friendly fire be on. Otherwise there will be mindlessly spammed granades, explosions everywhere. You’ll need to think a bit before shooting a rocket.
But that’s just my opinion.

It should stay. Some people are idiots for betraying you, but others are accidents.

> It needs to stay. It’s been apart of Halo from the beginning.
>
> If you don’t like your teammates killing you, go play CoD.

Its not that fact that teammates kill you/me its the fact that they do it consecutively when halo
was never about that in the past. Games were meant to have fun and win in the process.

When you were in a ranked match in halo 2/3, you never ever had to worry about someone taking a weapon or killing you for a vehicle. Honestly would you rather give a sniper to someone and give them a chance or just spam nades cause your mad he took it?

Idk think just because your teammates dont care about the game as much as you do and betray you/me doesn’t means that i have to go play cod. That was a bad statement.

It should be turned off.

There is no reason to have it on.
Saying things like, “people will then just spam grenades without care,” doesn’t have any credence because we don’t know what will happen because we haven’t tried it.

But if people insist it remain, I think it should be like any damage you give to a teammate is given to you like in hardcore mode in CoD

> But if people insist it remain, I think it should be like any damage you give to a teammate is given to you like in hardcore mode in CoD

That is exactly how it should be, in my opinion.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/06/13/The-Halo-Bulletin-61312.aspx

From this, one can assume that not all gametypes are going to be having Friendly Fire off. It’s going to depend on gametype variants.

Only off in stuff like Action Sack, maybe Social playlists (provided there are actual RANKED playlists this time around).

<mark>ON</mark>

> It should be turned off.
>
> There is no reason to have it on.
> Saying things like, “people will then just spam grenades without care,” doesn’t have any credence because we don’t know what will happen because we haven’t tried it.
>
> But if people insist it remain, I think it should be like any damage you give to a teammate is given to you like in hardcore mode in CoD

Try playing a game on Halo PC. Without friendly fire, people just spam grenades without thinking. It needs to stay on, to prevent players from mindless spamming explosives without repercussions.

Friendly fire has to stay, keeps people honest with their explosives. Boot system is what needs to be improved, not friendly fire. Getting headshotted by a team sniper so he can steal your weapon or ammo should give the option to boot every time, that just requires way too much intent to head shot a team mate with sniper. Same with automatic, precision weapons, or shotgun/sword chances are if you are betrayed by one of those it was deliberate.

On in ranked lists, off in everything else.

It should be ON as if you get a Grenade or Rocket or even a Ghost in the face you should die, if you get betrayed for a weapon avoid on the dashboard and move on. Grenade spamming is bad enough but with friendly fire off it will be just bad.

> On in ranked lists, off in everything else.

i agree with this

Off. I’m tired of getting ran over by -Yoinks!- on my team who can’t watch where they are going. I hate not be able to boot them for being so stupid.

it was hilarous in reach when someone was being a yoink just because your in ‘their’ camping spot and you just killed them and watch them get pwnd when they respawn and who didnt like the betray fest at the end of infection ah good times (if it was for a joke or killing a ‘U took MY SNIPER AHHH’ annoying kids) it should stay people should just learn hen its a joke and other must become more mature instead of SNI quote: ‘Heh, can I has the sniper, because I really really want the sniper, so please can I have the sniper’ etc.

I think it should depend on gametypes, honestly. I can understand keeping friendly fire can be ‘nostalgic’ but it being turned off would fix the betraying issues.

So maybe turn it off for explosive-based (or destructuve in general) gametypes like grifball, infection, and btb heavies