Friendly Aliens (Crunchbite? ;D)

As read in Glasslands, the Arbiter still had an army under his command. If we get to fight beside them, how will we be able to tell them apart from the rogue Covenant? Will the Grunts return in shiny, polished armor to differentiate themselves from the Covenant Loyalists? Or the proud Sangheili? Unlike the Servants of the Abiding Truth, who seem to favor scraggier, whatever-the-hell’s-there armor, the Arbiter would likely provide his soldiers with more ceremonial armor.

Thoughts?

I haven’t finished Glasslands yet, but maybe it has some sort of gold trim or possibly armor similar to his in terms of texture and shape, like some sort of ancient looking armor, maybe they’re green like in Halo 3, perhaps they just have different armor entirely with no semblance to the previous iterations simply because they want to detach themselves from the covenant and the Dark times within as much as humanly (Sangheili-ly?) possible.

I’m guessing that the Arbiter’s troops will get all the fancy, fully operational armor, while the Servants of Abiding Truth and other factions would be equipped with (for lack of a better term) crappier armor.

They’ll be distinguishable by their heightened swag levels.

Serious answer: probably a different armour type. I also doubt we’ll be seeing them too much, so they might even all be minor characters, as opposed to faceless AI.

Isn’t it a fact most of the events in Glasslands take place around a month after the war? Or is it three months? Eitherway Halo 4 is four years after the war and lots of stuff could have happened since then. Is the Arbiter alive?

> Isn’t it a fact most of the events in Glasslands take place around a month after the war? Or is it three months? Eitherway Halo 4 is four years after the war and lots of stuff could have happened since then. Is the Arbiter alive?

Yes, the Arbiter is alive.

I can’t find where it was confirmed, but it was stated that the Arbiter will show up at some point in Spartan Ops, which occurs six months after Halo 4’s campaign, which takes place in 2557.

> Isn’t it a fact most of the events in Glasslands take place around a month after the war? Or is it three months? Eitherway Halo 4 is four years after the war and lots of stuff could have happened since then. Is the Arbiter alive?

Actually, good point.
If the Arbiter is dead, how would this effect John Emotionally? Surely they developed a bond during Halo 3.
Would he be sad, indifferent, angry, a little happy? The relationship between them was never really delved into, and I’d like to see some more interaction between them in Halo 4. (if he is alive.)

> > Isn’t it a fact most of the events in Glasslands take place around a month after the war? Or is it three months? Eitherway Halo 4 is four years after the war and lots of stuff could have happened since then. Is the Arbiter alive?
>
> Actually, good point.
> If the Arbiter is dead, how would this effect John Emotionally? Surely they developed a bond during Halo 3.
> Would he be sad, indifferent, angry, a little happy? The relationship between them was never really delved into, and I’d like to see some more interaction between them in Halo 4. (if he is alive.)

He has seen and killed (cpt keys) people he has known since a child, arbiter being dead wouldn’t mean anything to him.

> > > Isn’t it a fact most of the events in Glasslands take place around a month after the war? Or is it three months? Eitherway Halo 4 is four years after the war and lots of stuff could have happened since then. Is the Arbiter alive?
> >
> > Actually, good point.
> > If the Arbiter is dead, how would this effect John Emotionally? Surely they developed a bond during Halo 3.
> > Would he be sad, indifferent, angry, a little happy? The relationship between them was never really delved into, and I’d like to see some more interaction between them in Halo 4. (if he is alive.)
>
> He has seen and killed (cpt keys) people he has known since a child, arbiter being dead wouldn’t mean anything to him.

He was reluctant to finish off Keyes. He showed strong emotions in his body language after Johnson died. There is a human under that suit and I’m guessing 343 is trying to delve into that in this trilogy.

> > > > Isn’t it a fact most of the events in Glasslands take place around a month after the war? Or is it three months? Eitherway Halo 4 is four years after the war and lots of stuff could have happened since then. Is the Arbiter alive?
> > >
> > > Actually, good point.
> > > If the Arbiter is dead, how would this effect John Emotionally? Surely they developed a bond during Halo 3.
> > > Would he be sad, indifferent, angry, a little happy? The relationship between them was never really delved into, and I’d like to see some more interaction between them in Halo 4. (if he is alive.)
> >
> > He has seen and killed (cpt keys) people he has known since a child, arbiter being dead wouldn’t mean anything to him.
>
> He was reluctant to finish off Keyes. He showed strong emotions in his body language after Johnson died. There is a human under that suit and I’m guessing 343 is trying to delve into that in this trilogy.

They are. It seems a bit cliche, “the man behind the hero” and all that, but I think it can be pulled off. As long as it doesn’t take an anime-esque turn of events and make the Chief -Yoink!- as hell under his helmet.