Frequency of updates: campaign

So given that this is the last ‘Main’ Halo title For ten years how often do you think we will see updates to its campaign?.

not just in the daily, weekly, monthly challenges or it’s live events but also in its major expansions.

we get a new Halo every 3 years so that’s at least 3 game sized expansions we should/could expect.

personally I’d like to see 3 Major updates and 6-8 minor ones such as holidays etc.

so gardening tool about you good ppl?, what do you think/want the DLC/Expansion schedule to be?.

1 Like

I’m not too into “schedules” since I’d like games to release when they’re ready, but that being said I’d love to see narrative and story beats regularly updated. If we could get some sort of story based DLC annually I’d be an incredibly happy man.

1 Like

I just hope they will warn us before the updates, I hate to turn on my xbox and wait for surprises updates to finish !

> 2533274836969644;1:
> So given that this is the last ‘Main’ Halo title For ten years how often do you think we will see updates to its campaign?.
>
> not just in the daily, weekly, monthly challenges or it’s live events but also in its major expansions.
>
> we get a new Halo every 3 years so that’s at least 3 game sized expansions we should/could expect.
>
> personally I’d like to see 3 Major updates and 6-8 minor ones such as holidays etc.
>
> so gardening tool about you good ppl?, what do you think/want the DLC/Expansion schedule to be?.

I’m kinda hoping for a spartan ops season 2 and blue team mission packs for a start and later on a castor dlc and an arbiter dlc.

1 Like

> 2533274836969644;1:
> So given that this is the last ‘Main’ Halo title For ten years how often do you think we will see updates to its campaign?.
>
> not just in the daily, weekly, monthly challenges or it’s live events but also in its major expansions.
>
> we get a new Halo every 3 years so that’s at least 3 game sized expansions we should/could expect.
>
> personally I’d like to see 3 Major updates and 6-8 minor ones such as holidays etc.
>
> so gardening tool about you good ppl?, what do you think/want the DLC/Expansion schedule to be?.

i expect they add new features to the gameplay mechanic and also be able to explore out side of the zeta halo, 3 years is too much in my opinion, 1 year or year and half is great. adding new content simultaneously for campaign and multiplayer makes the fan base bigger and people will stick around.

1 Like

my guess would be 3-6 Months multiplayer Updates and with Campaign I’d say somewhere between 8-12 Months for Campaign expansion.

I doubt we’d have anything small to add to the campaign in-between that just doesn’t seem that worthwhile to be honest unless they can add seasonal changes to the game in the same way of Destiny 2 for example.

I see us gettin mini campaigns/missions every couple of years

I was really hoping for this as well, but at this point it seems like we can rule out any campaign content this year. Sad to say that means we probably wait until next year, at the earliest, to hear about something at E3 and then get another campaign in december '23. Unlikely at this point that they will do anything to fix or improve the open world that already exists. Which sucks, because it has a LOT of potential, but just feels a bit too copy paste for me to enjoy it.

1 Like

Ya they aint happening now. Ive made peace with with this disaster of a product.
Ready to find a new franchise to pour my heart into at this stage.

DLC is so far down the list it hurst.
Forge looks dope but its not enough.

2 Likes

It’s sad, after losing all hope after Halo 5, then rebuilding it starting with E3 2018, to be let down so hard again.

I hope that with recent changes in leadership, they make a real effort to turn things around.

2 Likes

I genuinely dont.

Just start sunsetting the infinite platform and put the live service folk on mcc.
People were all high and mighty they fought the mtx mcc move but I think they hurt us in the long term.

If mcc was made into the service it would likely receive faster content.
The 3d artists alone would have an easier time.
Theres cut co tent to use.

Imagine mcc saw new content like campaign spin-offs.
Hell black team could be the focus of a mini halo 2 engine campaign with them taking on the second scarab inspired by the infamous E3 demo thats already being revived and the scarab getting true AI.

An arbiter CE campaign.

Season 2 of spartan ops. Raids. Fire team crimson post halo 5 leading into infinite

Blue team halo 3 campaign leading into halo 5

Fall of reach campaign

Headhunters spartan 3 or beta company mini campaign

Minor sandbox additions on new maps hell.
Pull dialogue from existing media frame them as reports.

Use mcc to build a real sense of ongoing continuity. And a strong live service with an easy to run game that isnt maligned for being “held back”

Make mp F2P it is easier to run than infinite anyways.

Go in and attempt adding the toggle to H2CMP it doesnt even need to be done for all models or textures to make a splash.

Put the infinite campaign team on the next series exclusive Halo that actually has a complete narrative and pay off for all the meandering threads we have now.

Put campaign first make it fun, dont bloat it with half baked systems go all in or cut. Have certain affinity and max handle mp by it being a test bed for sandbox as it was in halo2.
Use as much infinite stuff as they can and if slip space is that problematic go back a few stages.
Tiger engine is super impressive and handles the service model fine after all.
If they need a big new thing.
Make it just that not just an attempt at chasing the current trend.
Personally I believe management undervalue cinematic options and stream intergration at base level.
Let the community dictate the pro scene instead of poorly building around it.

At this stage we are throwing good money after bad and its hard to course correct over letting a strong creative vision be built from the get go.
Sadly it feels like MS is overly involved and isnt letting a strong culture and creative vision take route at 343i.
Its full of wasted talents.
But go back to what made halo fun.
The firstperson aspect isnt halos core its just the mode of view so delevoping it as something to compete with contemporary fps franchises is just a failure in management.
They will own cod.
So let halo be what is meant to be instead of changing it to compete in that market.

My new dream dlc is simple.
Forge and customs and split screen and evidence that this 4th mistake by 343i had an actually learnable outcome.
Because they keep saying X and doing Y.

1 Like