Freezing issues

Is anyone else experiencing freezing issues? Twice now has the game frozen when I was at an important part of the game. I wouldn’t mind too much only that it means that all my work up to that point has been lost and I have to do it again.

I just beat the Hunters under the Truth and Reconciliation and the marines were dropped off. Once we got into the lift it said ‘checkpoint… done’ the screen went white and then it froze.

Yesterday I was just finding the last group of marines after they crashed onto Halo and you know what, exactly the same thing happened.

What is worse is both those times I was playing on Legandary.

Dear 343, please sort this out. It is making the campaign on Legendary unplayable.

> Is anyone else experiencing freezing issues? Twice now has the game frozen when I was at an important part of the game. I wouldn’t mind too much only that it means that all my work up to that point has been lost and I have to do it again.
>
> I just beat the Hunters under the Truth and Reconciliation and the marines were dropped off. Once we got into the lift it said ‘checkpoint… done’ the screen went white and then it froze.
>
> Yesterday I was just finding the last group of marines after they crashed onto Halo and you know what, exactly the same thing happened.
>
> What is worse is both those times I was playing on Legandary.
>
> Dear 343, please sort this out. It is making the campaign on Legendary unplayable.

Yeah mine freezes often as well. i made sure the disc wasn’t scratched and everything, it just freezes more often than other games.

They should have some sort of auto save built in so just before it crashes the game saves.

I have never had this issue.

I’ve had a few freezes as well. Had to power off the 360 to recover.

> I’ve had a few freezes as well. Had to power off the 360 to recover.

me too. there was a freeze on the “truth and reconciliation”

Ok, this is stupid now. The game has frozen three times in the last ten minuets. Its making the game almost unplayable…

> Ok, this is stupid now. The game has frozen three times in the last ten minuets. Its making the game almost unplayable…

I had the same problems, it might be due to the new graphics engine. Have you tried playing the level in classic mode to see if it still freezes?

Yeah I tired that, it didn’t freeze when in classic mode, but that doesn’t really help as I am trying to get the terminals and skulls…

> Yeah I tired that, it didn’t freeze when in classic mode, but that doesn’t really help as I am trying to get the terminals and skulls…

On Legendary?

Originally on legendary, now on normal…

As I was writing the first line the game froze again, this time while I was playing in classic mode.

343 YOU RELEASED A BROKEN GAME!

You all are lucky to even get that far! I just bought Halo CEA and it won’t even start! It freezes at the loading screen! I tried to install it to the HDD and at #% it says “disc can’t be read”. I just tried it with a new game of Alan Awake I also purchased and it worked fine. WTF!? 343 I am really agitated! The game is in MINT condition out of the case and I can’t play!

This game crashes a lot. I’ve had better success by not installing the game to the HDD, so you might want to give that a shot.

I cannot get past the second level because of the amount of freezing. It’s very frustrating and makes the entire campaign completely unplayable. Here are some things that make Halo CEA freeze on my system:
[/li]- saving and quitting a session of campaign will make the game freeze

• dying or reverting to a checkpoint will cause the game to freeze.
  • sometimes checkpoints or a short cinematic will make the game freeze.
  • overloading the game may cause the game to freeze. (something like a few grenades exploding at once)

I am also having problems with the audio. Sometimes the music and character dialogue does not load or is not in sync. Many other sound effects are also not present during gameplay, such as the sound of the warthog engine.

My other buddies tell me they have had little or no trouble with their Anniversary games. So I assumed that the problem must have been my system and not the game. I now see that other people are having the same trouble as I am.

I play on an old refurbished Xbox 360 I’ve had for a few years. I have never experienced any problems with it since I got it. I am curious to know what systems other players are using when they are experiencing trouble running Halo CEA.

Hope this isn’t a problem with my system. I am not buying a 3rd Xbox to play a Halo game I’ve had for 10 years already. :\

It’s not just yours, my halo disc did it on 2 systems. A NEW slim and my elite. I returned the first game that I talked about in my last post and got a new one in exchange. Good news is this one works better…but STILL freezes!!

Same exact problems as you, I paused and it FROZE my entire xbox. This game is UNPLAYABLE like this!!

I hope 343 can compensate for this BS!!
I want a PLAYABLE DISC! Is that too much to ask for? :confused:

> This game crashes a lot. I’ve had better success by not installing the game to the HDD, so you might want to give that a shot.

Thank you for the input. Problem is I never got passed the loading screen! I exchanged it and I was able to play further. But now it’s freezing at other points in the game! And when I pause it as well. I really hope 343 has an explanation for this.

After exchanging it 3 times at frys I gave up. All 4 copies I got where BAD! I decided to purchase another copy at Walmart and so far so good! I was able to copy it to the HDD just fine and so far it hasn’t frozen (knock on wood). Obviously there is bad copies of Halo CEA out there and I hope 343i takes care of the problem! I am stuck with a bad copy now and Frys will not give money back on an open item. Thank you all for the advice and enyone that has the issues…RETURN it until you get a good copy. 343i probably won’t take care of the problem for a while. And it’s almost impossible to contact them btw. I’ll be calling Microsoft Studios and see if I can do something about that extra copy that’s useless to me.

Yep happened a few times to me, seems to happen after a cutscene.

common, but only affects online play. Invite a friend over to beat it locally or do it yourself.

Or, wait for an update.

Installing the game lessens the chance of freezing and makes the game actually load fast, too.

Cure: install game and switch network to local

Only freezing problems I have had was the terminals. The terminals would freeze somewhere about halfway maybe a little more into them but the game didn’t freeze. It happend the “Halo” and “The Library” terminals for me. Other than that there is parts where I think it’s gonna freeze but doesn’t. Hope you have no more freezing problems.