Free to Play - A Massive Big Team Battle?

I was playing Call of Duty Warzone (they stole that from Halo. What’s new?), and I had a thought about a free to play version of Halo. I don’t believe that Halo Infinite should have it’s own Battle Royale. However, there is one thing that can work. It is called Big Team Battle. Yes, a free version of big team battle. A massive big team battle could work as free to play. It can have 50v50, and have a few basic missions here and there. Have a few large maps. It’s good to go! It would require a massive amount of data tho. It would be like 300 GB or something. That’s a scary thought.

Massive Big Team Battle (MBTB) can also have Warzone mode too. There’s a lot you can do with it. It would attract a lot of new players, and keep many of the dedicated players on the same game. Those who buy the Halo Infinite have access to the full thing, campaign, multiplayer, MBTB, and forge. MBTB is a free version of Halo Infinite multiplayer to add on to the main game itself, and it can advertise to players to buy Halo Infinite. People who have downloaded the free Halo Infinite multiplayer can only play MBTB. It’s a marketable feature for those who don’t want to buy Halo Infinite, which is the majority. Most people don’t like to play Halo for the story. You can ask a lot of people if they played the campaign, and most of them never finished them or started them.

I see a lot of pros. There are cons, but I don’t know what all they’ll be. Like will it unintendedly ruin Halo again? This isn’t battle royale. I don’t think so anyway. MBTB is where Halo can do very well. What do you guys think? And! We’re almost to Xbox July’s event! We’re gonna see Halo Infinite very soon!

> 2533274887410089;1:
> I was playing Call of Duty Warzone (they stole that from Halo. What’s new?), and I had a thought about a free to play version of Halo. I don’t believe that Halo Infinite should have it’s own Battle Royale. However, there is one thing that can work. It is called Big Team Battle. Yes, a free version of big team battle. A massive big team battle could work as free to play. It can have 50v50, and have a few basic missions here and there. Have a few large maps. It’s good to go! It would require a massive amount of data tho. It would be like 300 GB or something. That’s a scary thought.
>
> Massive Big Team Battle (MBTB) can also have Warzone mode too. There’s a lot you can do with it. It would attract a lot of new players, and keep many of the dedicated players on the same game. Those who buy the Halo Infinite have access to the full thing, campaign, multiplayer, MBTB, and forge. MBTB is a free version of Halo Infinite multiplayer to add on to the main game itself, and it can advertise to players to buy Halo Infinite. People who have downloaded the free Halo Infinite multiplayer can only play MBTB. It’s a marketable feature for those who don’t want to buy Halo Infinite, which is the majority. Most people don’t like to play Halo for the story. You can ask a lot of people if they played the campaign, and most of them never finished them or started them.
>
> I see a lot of pros. There are cons, but I don’t know what all they’ll be. Like will it unintendedly ruin Halo again? This isn’t battle royale. I don’t think so anyway. MBTB is where Halo can do very well. What do you guys think? And! We’re almost to Xbox July’s event! We’re gonna see Halo Infinite very soon!

I like it. I suggest taking inspirational from Planetfall 2 where 3-faction are in a constant territory grab. Its free to play and the map is drop in, drop out across weeks.

> 2533274873172929;2:
> > 2533274887410089;1:
> > I was playing Call of Duty Warzone (they stole that from Halo. What’s new?), and I had a thought about a free to play version of Halo. I don’t believe that Halo Infinite should have it’s own Battle Royale. However, there is one thing that can work. It is called Big Team Battle. Yes, a free version of big team battle. A massive big team battle could work as free to play. It can have 50v50, and have a few basic missions here and there. Have a few large maps. It’s good to go! It would require a massive amount of data tho. It would be like 300 GB or something. That’s a scary thought.
> >
> > Massive Big Team Battle (MBTB) can also have Warzone mode too. There’s a lot you can do with it. It would attract a lot of new players, and keep many of the dedicated players on the same game. Those who buy the Halo Infinite have access to the full thing, campaign, multiplayer, MBTB, and forge. MBTB is a free version of Halo Infinite multiplayer to add on to the main game itself, and it can advertise to players to buy Halo Infinite. People who have downloaded the free Halo Infinite multiplayer can only play MBTB. It’s a marketable feature for those who don’t want to buy Halo Infinite, which is the majority. Most people don’t like to play Halo for the story. You can ask a lot of people if they played the campaign, and most of them never finished them or started them.
> >
> > I see a lot of pros. There are cons, but I don’t know what all they’ll be. Like will it unintendedly ruin Halo again? This isn’t battle royale. I don’t think so anyway. MBTB is where Halo can do very well. What do you guys think? And! We’re almost to Xbox July’s event! We’re gonna see Halo Infinite very soon!
>
> I like it. I suggest taking inspirational from Planetfall 2 where 3-faction are in a constant territory grab. Its free to play and the map is drop in, drop out across weeks.

That’s a good idea too! I mean, something like it would benefit Halo in the long run. The most popular games are free to play by the way.

As a spinoff title, I’d be fine with this. As an inclusion to Infinite, I’m significantly less of a fan.

Generally, you shouldn’t do your hyper-experimental stuff in mainline titles. It prevents you from getting hit with a brick when people dislike the mode, something assisted by the existence of Gamepass. (IIRC, Gears Tactics was the direct result of the Gamespass safety net.)

So basically just make warzone F2P? :smiley: