Free Roam Missions

The free roam mission in Halo Reach was pretty exciting, i felt as if i was off the rails and this was my way of breaking free ( but still having to go through with the mission). I thought it was a great addition that they didn’t emphasize the game with all free roam like ODST.

Not saying ODST’s free roam was a bad thing but it wasn’t Halo. But yet it gave me the feel of adventure and a chance to look at the destruction that happened on New Mombasa.

Would you like to see free roam missions return? Or have the whole game free roam?

i don’t remember there being a free roam mission in Reach…

i really liked ODST’s mombasa streets

i would suggest to make a free roam kind of mission as a new gametype to go along with Campaign and Firefight

i had an idea for this earlier…

There was a free roaming mission in Reach? News to me, and I’ve played through the campaign at least 8 times…

Maybe OP is talking about the mission with the falcons? Since thats the closest mission I can think of to a free roam by the fact you can go anywhere you want on that technically.

> Maybe OP is talking about the mission with the falcons? Since thats the closest mission I can think of to a free roam by the fact you can go anywhere you want on that technically.

Maybe. But that was my least favourite mission, just going through a bunch of depressing abandoned buildings at midnight to destroy jammers gets really repetitive. Loved new mombasa from ODST though.

I’m wondering about this too.

OP, what mission was free-roam in Reach?

Free roam doesn’t work too well in Halo. It worked ok with New Alexandria, but I personally prefer missions like Long Night of Solace (Reach) and The Covenant (Halo 3).

yea there weren’t really free roam missions its just after you killed everyone off you could go back through the level and there were boundries

nah, not in H4. maybe in another spin-off.

I don’t really think I would consider New Alexandria a free roam mission… ODST on the other hand… That was definitely fun :D! If they could make a part of Halo 4 like that… I would be happy.